Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMigraine Devoted Player

2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Broken through, too.
    • Like x 12
  3. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

"Artifact ranks will increase to their final maximum rank of 200 with the launch of Episode 35: Metal Part I" seriously??/ People are so sick of these blatant money grabs. I know you have to make a profit but this is too much or the last straw . Think long and hard on this one, so many people are ready to walk away from your game and its crap like this doing it.
    • Like x 1
  4. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  5. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

Even though hybrid isn't directly a focus, do you think we would be able to get the Cog of Mageddon reworked to grant the extra precision from performing a weapon combo in general as opposed to just weapon mastery combos?

• Goals
      • Players will be able to choose more freely between which Artifact, Weapon, or Focus (Might vs. Precision) to use.
    ^ Having regular weapon combos have a similar boost to weapon mastery combos from artifacts would help to achieve this.

P.S. - I don't remember reading it but another extremely useful thing would be to have the Venom Wrist Dispenser active for a longer duration with a lower weapon buff % (ideally just 12s at half the buff % it currently has) as to allow more weapon combos/masteries time to get in their damage. Without it, the weapons that have short combos will still perform slightly better than the rest. This has been a change asked for for awhile now.
    • Like x 1
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

So you're nerfing the prec artifact and weapon combo? Not one or other? Everyone will be superpower. No one ever presented any proof except "look, everyone in SM prec", and you all are give prec a double nerf? Everyone will be superpower, the melee is strong, but when you add in counters and CC, it's not as strong as some of the superpowers.
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

And you all are going to buff some might artifacts? That can be looked at as a triple nerf to prec. What will be the benefit of running prec?
  8. tinoman Dedicated Player

I paid real money to get my VWD up. How can I get a refund. Or my money's worth? It's not fair to people who spent real money that it's the only one getting nerfed. I'm very upset. Please compensate people!
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

The necessity to balance both precision/weapons and the VWD was obvious to anyone being honest, let's wait for it to go on test before we worry about what the final figures/numbers are really going to be.

Everything is subject to balance.

I sympathise with the fact that you spent money to level up your artifacts but spending money on the game doesn't make any element of it exempt to balance passes/changes. The same thing happened when the Eye of Gemini and Shields were tweaked/nerfed.

You just have to roll with the punches, If for example I bought access to electricity and paid $10 to change to electricity should that make it exempt to a balance pass?

In terms of compensation, they are doing gifts to compensate for the changes, which is more than they did during the EOG changes and is fair enough.
    • Like x 10
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Many feel the same way and thats why the Gift #2 is being given so if you are at Rank 141 or above, you're Artifact will become Max Rank 200 so you dont have to spend anymore on it due to these changes.
    • Like x 4
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

You think nerfing both the combo and artifact is going to balance what? It's powers that is keeping up with the 2 strongest prec combos now. Anyone who us being really honest would admit that. I posted a video of a fire dps beating a prec, JC, DW st dps in SM. No one will be prec or hybrid. Only superpower. Anyone who is honest have to admit that
  12. Healing Juice Active Player

How much experience will it be to rank 200?
  13. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Well, this venom wrist dispenser thing didn’t pop up with SM. It’s been used for a long time; and used by people who tested content and demanded content be harder to match their venom wrist dispenser output (or whatever other trick they were using)

If venom wrist dispenser is reduced to half power, and everything else is boosted to only match the now half power wrist dispenser...doesn’t that mean all content will be twice as hard as it is now?

In short, content (through biased testing) is tied to the problems you’re worried about with weapons, artifacts, etc. You can’t adjust just one side of the equation and call it fixed. Can you?
    • Like x 2
  14. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

If you were being honest, I told you that precision dps was bad. The damage scale between good and bad prec dps in 1v1 scenario like SM can be up to a 9500 dps gap between artifacts and playstyle.
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

Where is your proof that the dps was bad? If we are going to balance an entire way to dps, we have to figure out what we are balancing it against. Gadgets, nature, munitions, earth, and rage all keep up with prec or beat it. Right now. Prec should be balanced with those powers. Not to the other prec combos that's not up to par with anything. Not even the weaker superpower classes. They nerfing prec twice and buffing some might artifacts. That's not balance. That's making dcuo only one way to dps
    • Like x 1
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

No, it mean more players will be nature and Gadgets. Both keep up and/or beat prec. AOE and ST
  17. Hollow Gohan Well-Known Player

A large part of why the 2 weapons excelled so much this past year and a half along with VWD is because of the 20% weapon/precision increase for the 3 individuals with the highest power %. I'd just like for people and the devs to keep this in consideration when testing. Aside from this there is also the Claw for PFFT and the Parasite's Power Harness that should also be taken into consideration when comparing might and precision.

One thing I've been wondering about is that it is pretty clear that precision has and will continue to have an advantage in a 4 man SM. I don't know if SM is even being brought back, however regardless it is clear that a large part of why it was used so widely was not just because of the superior damage output, but also because of the convenience in having such low power costs while also being at range. Might for the most part cannot achieve this, unless an actual troll is available. Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  18. tinoman Dedicated Player

I support this game. But, only 2 weapons are unbalanced as in producing more damage than might powers. The rest are under preforming with the VWD. Its disheartening. For you to nerf that artifact would mean you plan to buff all weapons substantially. Can we place the vwd into another artifact? After the update?
    • Like x 2
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Nevermind, I had my question answered :)
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

When you say "using," do you actually mean "for characters that own a Venom Wrist Dispenser"?

I'm tentatively assuming so, and that you didn't actually mean that you will be evaluating on some basis who is "using" it to whatever degree. Am I correct?

Taken literally, you'd otherwise mean that somehow you are deciding whether or not to give this gift based on some level of "use" in battle. That's not correct, right?

Thanks for any response.

And thanks for this whole initiative. It sounds terrific and that it will likely significantly improve game balance and thus everyone's enjoyment of the game.

(Aside from those who love to abuse an imbalance, who will scream about being "nerfed.")
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.