Dev Discussion Development Update: Weapons and Artifacts

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

• Like x 3
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For clarity again, it does not keep the same stats that it has now.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Weapon consistency will definitely help out hybrid, but hybrid is not specifically the focus here.
    • Like x 3
  4. Predicament Well-Known Player

A huge difference between Might vs Precision currently is diversity without much skill points invested for Might damage. Currently with Might damage has a more diversity in the type of damage you can do, as in aoe and single target. I think that weapons should all have the ability to do Great AoE and Great Single target damage in each weapon.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

With the increase to rank 200, all artifacts have been looked at. We'll have details later, but the VWD change is really the only one of much note.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We do not plan to add or remove attacks with this update, but what AoE or ST abilities weapons have should be much closer to each other.
    • Like x 3
  7. not_again Dedicated Player

Mepps,

I hope this is only the beginning! With this change it will really push people to certain might powers that are over performing. While I am not one for pushing absolute balance, I do not want to be forced into a certain powersets. I understand this is a necessary and welcome change, but I hope it is only the beginning.

Not Again
    • Like x 1
  8. Aerith Rose Committed Player

A 50% decrease might be to much. We need to see how this shows in testing. Even as it is prec dps only triumphs in single target and this is due to the VWD. Basically what I am saying is, if you over nerf this, you will be killing prec dps.
    • Like x 1
  9. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks.
  10. OneSoulManySumuruai New Player

I have no idea what's going on over there at Daybreak but I feel like your really showing you appreciate us as players lately. Please keep up the great work ✊. Truly amazing job. Now if you fix LPVE, I'll just start direct depositing a portion of my paycheck to you.
    • Like x 3
  11. Aerith Rose Committed Player

Weapon fixes are long over due and appreciated.

Rank 200 artifacts, looking forward to see what rank 200 gives us. At the same time, a little scared of how much XP it will take to get to 200. Can we please look into scaling down the XP costs?

Nice move to help out players with the VWD by giving them this "gift". I recall how upset people were with the eye of Gemini change.
    • Like x 1
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

mains might so could really care less (& ive been Fire since 2011, thru all the ups & downs, before electric was even a thought) so i think i know what its like. im not a bandwagon player like some of these other ppl. im simply questioning 100% if its per character or per account, & i got my answer from the source himself, so all is good friend.
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

....might be time to come back. I'm glad they decided to do a full pass instead of nerfing some.
    • Like x 9
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps, sorry another question.

When you say boosted, will the artifact be boosted and broken through for the players or will it just be loaded with the experience necessary to then do the breakthroughs and we still have to go through the process?

i.e. we will need seals of completion to break through say 180 and 200 if we already have a 160 artifact. etc etc
    • Like x 2
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You've been waiting a long time for this moment.
    • Like x 5
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

just played my fire guy ST01C...fire is doing pretty well....in fact the powers may not be balanced but devs have gone quite a way making sure all powers are viable....i dont have useless characters anymore just some play easier than others at times...
    • Like x 1
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

yea i use every power, some prec. but i try to have might variants as well, to try both sides of it
  18. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

[IMG]
    that moment you heard dcuo was balancing weapons again
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    oh yeah...
  19. zor ile Well-Known Player

this should be interesting.:)
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Will the upcoming changes affect powersets that have form changes, such as the specialized weapon combos for Nature's transformations?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.