DCUO Episode themes for 2020 EP37+

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLQ-DCUO, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Great Architect Loyal Player

Skartaris is referenced in the game in a few places, and might make a change from the well-known characters and settings.

A time-travelling episode that involves several time periods past and future (NOT including WWII again, though, thanks) might be good too.

Something involving the various plant-centric characters (Swamp Thing, Poison Ivy, Black Orchid, Jason Woodrue, etc.) including a journey (Raid) into The Green could also be a refreshing change.
    • Like x 1
  2. NightSpells New Player

The Legion sounds great. Something that hasn't been done yet .If they run out of ideas a Thanagarian invasion might be fun .
    • Like x 1
  3. BumblingB I got better.

Here I log in just to give my love for this comment. <3 JLI all the time with Blue Beetle!
    • Like x 3
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

Colorful, light-hearted content with imagination and what was making comics great back then. Just getting out of the worn-out dark and gritty theme that bores me just from the announcement itself.

Character featured storys: Booster Gold, Martian Manhunter, Ice and Fire, Mr. Terrific, Indigo (as long she doesnt get messed up as much as Terras story in the game).
    • Like x 3
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

A villain civil war story where the heroes are just trying to reduce collateral damage from being to great. Calculator is right. Lex has gone soft and has us playing sidekick to the heroes. My villain main has the powers of a god of dark magicks my villain tank has the powers of Superman (thank you iconics) and Doomsday (since a lot of his moves are earth reskins like shards, totem, earthquake only without the rocks coming up, jackhammer, and unstoppable). They want to do some damage yet are stuck playing goodie goodie because Lex sold out for a seat at the popular table. I want to blow up the popular table.

And a future war story from the intro cinematic. I want to fight in the rubble of metropolis fighting giganta, black adam, deathstroke, joker, harley, lex, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Flash, Green lantern, and etc. They could even maybe remake the opening cinematic with the new models as a cutscene for it. I already recorded the original and would love to see it with new models.
  6. High Troller Loyal Player

i'd say let's take the time sphere ripped hunter left us, travel back in time and then prevent black adam's family from being murdered
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

So we finally got some cool new loading screens and I have to say, It may not be Kevin Maguire or Adam Hughes artwork, but I'm getting a very JLI vibe from this particular screen.
    [IMG]71082520_3555538914471714_6040429180322054144_o by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    Maybe my dream of a JLI Episode is possible.
    • Like x 1
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

And why not :)? We've already got a War Room Program for it, so it's not like we'd be unprepared :).
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

-A Spectre storyline involving the GEB
    -Darkseid getting the Anti-Life Equation
    -An Ultraviolet Lantern storyline
    -A Superboy Prime storyline
    -A sequel to Earth 3
    -Trigon actually fully taking over
    • Like x 2
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Love your suggestions.

I would LOVE a Legion of Super-Heroes DLC. Maybe the great Darkness Saga which would include our friend the EViLLL Darkseid? So we could get a LoSH and the Return if Darkseid all in one package. ;) :)

The Batman Who Laughs is pretty awesome in this DLC. They made a great job bringing this character to life. Would love to see more of him. I know we will most likely see more of him in Metal 2. But later down the line maybe a Metal 3? or even something that has nothing to do with Metal but still involving TBWL??

As for the Dark Multiverse.... it does open the door to Lots of EViLLL dark versions of any characters.
    We already saw previews with a Parasite-Superman.... and a bunch of others I forget.
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly... the NU52 pretty much killed the LoSH comic. Sad.... but it is what it is.

But there is some hope for the Legion. As you mentioned.... there is a new Legion comic on the way.... and the Legion has been in the Supergirl TV series a bit. So maybe that could be enough to jistify a Legion storyline? Of course... I would go with the Great Darkness Saga.... the biggest LoSH story ever.... but I guess we will have to wait and see. ;) ;)
    • Like x 1
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly they seem to want to go with more recent storylines/comics as opposed to classic ones.

So odds are a SHAZAM DLC would be based on the recent comics or the Movie.
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Good idea. :)
    • Like x 1
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i so want to see something like arkham's alice in wonderland hallucination bit for the mad hatter in DCUO. outside of this as far as batman goes: gotham 2039 with batman beyond (a welcome break from the "current" gotham, perhaps with flying cars and stuff like in the show), where where you the night batman died?, something mad hatter related/halloween oriented. for super man i find it appalling we haven't seen his alien zoo yet, something bizarro world oriented, an epic brainiac finale leading up to a grand solo agaisnt brainiac alongside a red sun weakened super man aboard the skull ship, fighting darkseid on apokalips, emperor joker etc. for wonder woman possibly: a league of one (a rather fantastical story but a welcome break from the norm), paradise lost, rise of the olympians, etc. or who knows barring the maind league members maybe we'll finally get martian manhunter and the thanagarians into the central plot of DCUO after years of just having them mentioned or seen in passing glimpses. would be interesting to see how they'd do the threat of fernus in game. the story could open up with martian manhunter being tired of being ignored for years and finally just enrages turning into his dark alter ego to beat up the rest of the league XD.
  15. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

They recently showed that one of Batman Who Laughs Dark Robins is Billy Batson (Shazam). The Shazam Who Laughs.

But yes there are many.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I know. I even made a video about it. Will try to make other XXXX Who Laughs. ;) ;)
  17. Dark warlorck Active Player

For next year we will probably have an episode on Wonder Woman that will be no-mythological with characters quite overlooked in the game like Dr Psycho or Veronica Cale.

I also hope to see a sequel to the crime syndicate inspired be "Infinite Crisis" comics Alexander Luthor plays an important role it will be the opportunity to introduce the villain Superboy Prime.

An episode of the legion of the super heroes would allow us to explore the galaxy and see Mordru or the Fatals fives, an episode of the fantastic world of the Skartaris with the Warlord and his enemy the Warlock Deimos. I would love a new episode on the Justice league dark that would involve the Upside down man with the return of Wonder Woman, Circe and Hecate.

Finally a future episode "Year of the villain" with the introduction of Perpetua queen of doom would be very interesting.
  18. reiko100 Active Player

this you will love even more ...**MOrTaL KoMbat vs DC = FATALITY ****... heeh that will be a CrackMultyverse .) ...FINISH HIM
  19. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

with Arrow coming to an end, & it being a huge part of DC over the past 8 years, making DC live action television popular, i think it would be amazing to have a dlc based on the Arrow tv show if licensing is possible like with the cw supergirl legends skin.
  20. BSEison Well-Known Player

I'd like an event where the missions for heroes and villains aren't the same but with a different narrators. :)

I realize I won't be getting that, so I would also like to see something with the LOSH. Maybe against the Fatal 5 or even use them to bring Darkseid back into the mix. I'd also like another Titans themed mission. Since we are visiting Thanagar now, how about we stay in space and fight in the Rann vs Thanagar war from the comics?