Is there a way to get access faster?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Miss Martian, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Hello batch.
    I was going to use the test server, I wanted to know if there is a proper and fast route to enter it without downloading the whole game again for just another server. In fact there must be a way.
    I'd submitted a ticket to ask before but they gave me no good answer except that they don't know how to help.
    I have made a copy of the whole game folder in a different folder if any changes is required to be done.
    Also I checked some old threads about this case, as players explained there are ways to do it, but they didn't explain properly how to do it, Please if anyone knows how, let me know, I'm not really interested in downloading about 34.8 G again instead of downloading something really smaller . Thank u for your attention.
  2. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Fortunately I solved the issue myself.
    I share my experience if anyone will ever have the same problem. So don't download the whole game again and listen to me.

Here goes our steps:

1- Go to this page on forums https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...to-pc-test-how-to-discuss-and-report-bugs.12/ and click on the blue link shared by Mepps and download the Test Setup into your Downloads Folder in your User Folder.

2- In any Drive you wish, Make a Folder and name it "DC Universe Online Test" , Recommended to be made next to the main game folder.

3- Use the downloaded Setup and Install the game and choose the location of files "DC Universe Online Test" , When the setup is finished, the icon of DC Universe Online Test will appear on your Desktop.

4- Then, Go to the files location where you have installed the main game ( Live / Main Servers) - (If you don't know where you have installed it, click right on the main game's icon on your screen, click on "Properties" and see the file's location) . After that you will see a folder named "UNREAL3" , copy that folder and go and paste it in the folder where you have installed the Test server (DC Universe Online Test) . ( WARNING : DO NOT OPEN THE TEST LAUNCHPAD BEFORE THE COPY-PASTE OPERATION IS FINISHED TO AVOID UNKNOWN ERRORS )

When you have finished pasting the folder, use the icon on your screen to open the Test Server Launcher, when it's ready, Log into
    your account, it will download a small mount of updating files and click "PLAY" and enjoy. :)

This solution should properly work on Windows 7 and higher, and you should have the main game installed and updated on your device.

Have a fancy and beautiful Day / Night.
    Best wishes, Barbara. :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

Congrats for figuring it out on your own, but if you search for "fast install dcuo test server" on google the first result gives you the answer you were looking for. Specifically this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/test-server-install-fast-method.262010/
  4. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

I know right, this was actually the thread that I talked about that the OP hadn't explained properly. Because personally there was no Sony Entertainment Folder on my PC and also didn't even need to make that (Sony or Daybreak) path for the installment, it all depends on where u preferred to install the game.
    Yes maybe I wasn't smart enough to understand that client is meant to be the "Setup of Launchpad" , and that download link is supposed to be the same as Mepps provided until found it out myself X_X and so I was afraid of the errors that others had named in the following thread. Honestly the OP explained correctly but confusing either.
    Although thanks. ^_^
    • Like x 1
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

Yeah it's even more confusing bc it had so many directories in there, i don't know why the devs made that folder the default installation target instead of something like a folder in program files or just straight up its own folder in c: like other games do. This is the only game i've seen so far that installs all its files inside the users folder.
  6. Subject New Player

Am I the only person not able to play test server?
  7. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

8. Subject New Player

9. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

He said it will be down for several days not seven days.
  10. jonathan260x New Player

Hello guys, greetings from argentina, dc universe online test is locked !!, I need a solution please guys.
  11. Clothes New Player

It is currently down for everyone, they have it down for maintenance. You'll have to wait until they bring it online again, which will most likely be within a week or so (closer to release of Ep 35).
    • Like x 1
  12. jonathan260x New Player

ah ok thanks, but will you enable it again?
  13. Clothes New Player

Not sure what you mean there friend, but yes soon it'll be enabled.
  14. jonathan260x New Player

ok bro, when the server comes back, will they close it again?
  15. myandria Item Storage

That seems to be the pattern; the test server is open for testing for a few weeks, then it is shut down again until the devs have something else for us to test. I would not be surprised if the devs had us test the new episode AND the Halloween Event at the same time since they will launch fairly close together.