Prefix and Suffix titles

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mike585x, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Mike585x New Player

It would be nice to be able to don a Prefix and a Suffix title simultaneously, such as in many other games out there (i.e. EverQuest 2, also run by Daybreak). Why is this not a thing yet?

It only makes sense. Plus there's always the UI options to hide such things as well.

For Example:

Billionaire
    Bruce Wayne
    of Gotham
    <Wayne Enterprises>
    • Like x 3
  2. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Cool. I could be known as...

Shoulda
    Coulda
    Woulda
    • Like x 4
  3. Deltaheat Well-Known Player

Yes!! :)
    • Like x 1
  4. Mike585x New Player

Anyone else agree?
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Yes, It's kind of annoying when people assume my prefix and suffix, so this would be good.
  6. myandria Item Storage

Overall, this is a good idea. However, I can see TONS of players crying on the forum that they can't get the prefix/suffix combination that you have used as an example.

I don't think this is a thing yet because of scheduling; where would they find the time to implement it and would they make you grind for them like you do in EQ?
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

I don't like these anyways. Never run with any on.
  8. Mike585x New Player

You can though... I have them on my character, just can't use them at the same time.

As for time, they are still releasing updates and small changes/additions a lot..
  9. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yes, this is a great idea, and I would love to be able to have both at the same time.:cool:
    • Like x 1
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I like the idea. I just wonder as the game stands now when they would take the time to implement it in game. Another thought that crossed my mind was would the ability to do this cost us real money. Remember while not everything we have gotten in the past year or so has been designed as a tool to increase profits they did actually come out and say there were no major changes planned that did not enable the game to increase income.

I'd be more than happy to sport two titles but not if I have to pull out my credit card to do it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

You're right. It doesn't even make sense that this doesn't exist already!
  12. Irvynnge Loyal Player

to be honest, I don't really use them, anyway, but, yeah, why not? seems like a fair enough idea, to me. I think I'd rather they just give us the ability to choose / create our own prefix / suffix, though. with obvious limitations, of course. my main villain is called Mister Blisterpiss & I really need to add a "the sinister" upfront there.

the sinister Mister Blisterpiss.

seriously, how awesomely evil does that sound?

make it so, dev jeebus!!!!
    • Like x 1
  13. Attackfrog Active Player

I want a prefix and suffix combo that would read:
    "Ugh...Attackfrog? Yuk!"
  14. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I still really wish this was a thing :)

So many titles out there it would be cool to be able to use a suffix and a prefix, instead of one or the other.

Like I'd probably make mine something like:

Cyberpunk
    Raven Nocturnal
    the Metalhead

Or

Corrupted
    Raven Nocturnal
    of the Night

Or somethin'
  15. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I always forget these exist. I turned those and league names off awhile ago for less screen clutter and never bothered to turn them back on. Seems like it’d be a pretty large wall of text having prefix/name/suffix/league name but since there’s an option to not see them, don’t see why not.
    • Like x 1
  16. Toshknight Loyal Player

this really is just more titles, already have stuff like this, but, why not.

We need Chat bubbles first of all. and proper ways to do emotes, by typing /Emote "name" WAVE , we can't Target any other players or Npcs, so the name type is a must if they even did this half a$$ ,

standing around in Either HOD, WT, or any other building / place people socialize, and for simply being easier to talk to someone without psts, and having it go into a Global world chat,

Chat bubbles, are almost a must for MMO type games, due to the simple fact that it helps immersion into the game first of all

1. immersion
    2. someone sees you and wants to say hi or something, right now you have to either jump or fly around someone in circles to annoyance to get there attention, while psting them to death
    3. having chat bubbles show up in /say aka area from to to 50 meters, can see it, along with emotes having a chat bubble too,
    /Sit you would see above my player , DarthSpeedforce Sits down" or "Darthspeedforce laughs" "Darthspeedforce taps Bruce on the shoulder"

4. i can see it now, some people will say TOO MUCH CLUTTER ON SCREEN., you can toggle the vowing distance , and the time /opacity the bubble is up, as well as on or off . so there is the answer for people that don't wanto see chat bubbles.

Chat bubbles is something for the ps5 update that 100% should be added in, there is no reason they should not add it. the publisher's list of mmos that use this feature is pretty big. so they know what to do.
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

The idea is just letting us use more of what we already have, with the lineup:

Prefix
    Character name
    Suffix
    League name

Currently we can only have one or the other above or below our name, but can't both :(

As for your chat bubble idea, definitely reminding me of all the old MMOs I used to play like SWG, EQ2, etc.

The only issue with targeting players I see is the fact it's a lot tougher on consoles to do so and/or type commands.

I also miss when you could see what your target was targeting and also miss the "assist" system where someone can target you as a player and you attack the target they are targeting. If that makes sense. If you know you know lol

Oh and cast bars. If anything, that should be a thing so we know what move the red skull is going to be and whatnot.

Anyways, you should copy-paste all that to a thread of its own for sure so you get more constructive feedback :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Toshknight Loyal Player

i get it. after all the years of this games forums, basically you just goto keep making threads every couple months, bringing up the issue, I've made maybe 2 threads about chat bubbles. most people playing now don't understand how much more immersive the game would be with them, i know the targeting system, is not click and examine type, but they can make the chat messages/bubble system work without it, no doubt, specially with all the other feats dcuo has conquered over the years
  19. Toshknight Loyal Player

city of heroes is supposedly being worked on to be re released live... i heard from a couple people inside. not the emulators but actual live servers
  20. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

and I could be:

Captain Hindsight
    of the Modern Age
    • Like x 1