The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Allow me to show you better ways to do those! ;)

Here's my Version 1, which is my standard look for him, 'cuz I really wanted him to have his signature black baldric. It's over the wrong shoulder, but what can ya do?

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Having looked at that picture of the figure, I can see that if I have him wear that costume full time, I'll need to darken the gray I used considerably, but here's my take on Storm Shadow Version 2, complete with the CORRECT 3/4 length sleeves (or at least as close to them as I could get!) ;)

[IMG]

[IMG]

He doesn't have his arm tattoo because both the Tattooed Skin and Barbarian Skin suck! Especially the Tattooed Skin, 'cuz you can't even change the color of the tats! :rolleyes:

Oh, and if you MUST give that costume a Hand Style, at least use the correct Tech Ninja Hands, so he has his ninja claws like the figure came with! ;):p

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

But we REALLY need a Camouflage Material that we can customize with our Color Palette so we can give that costume his signature white and gray urban camo!

P.S. Sharpshooter's Head Style for the Version 2 outfit! ;)
    • Like x 3
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, so, having had to resign myself to the fact that I'll just never be able to make true look-alike styles of the movie War Machine and Iron Patriot armors, I've instead decided to do ones "Inspired By" them.

So, with that said, here's my War Buster that's "Inspired By" the newest Marvel Legends War Machine figure...

The Inspiration...

[IMG]

...and the Creation:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

And here's my Iron Patriot Mark 2 inspired by the movie version from Endgame...

The Inspiration...

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

...and the Creation:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

I tried using the House of El Head Style to make the helmet look closer to Adi Granov's helmet designs, because that also makes the head look a little smaller so the overall scale looks more impressive, but the markings being wrong bugged me too much. Oh well.

P.S. And yeah, no Avatar Bombardier Back Style for me, because I can't afford the Chroma Materials, and with its natural metallic texture, it turns that shade of blue GRAY! :rolleyes:

P.P.S. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE that the Emblem (or "Arc Reactor") on that Visitor's Chest Style is color-locked to white? SOOOOOO frakkin' annoying!!! :mad:
    • Like x 4
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Tried making the wonder woman 77 dive suit :)
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 9
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

What headpiece is that??? :eek:
    • Like x 1
  5. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

progeny of darkseid from prom boxes or from villain side vendor
    • Like x 2
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

My Hsien-ko/ Lei Lei style
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 7
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Are we there yet?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Ask me that again and I'll turn this game around RIGHT NOW and take us home! :mad:

couldn't resist :D
    • Like x 3
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  11. Dene Devoted Player

Replace helm with the bike helmet and you have WW TV Show biker outfit LOL
  12. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I decided to take a stab at presenting Thomas Wayne's Costume Party batsuit so.....
    here's PRECRISIS BATDAD
    [IMG]PRECRISIS BATDAD by Michael Kramer, on Flickr
    • Like x 3
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

My Felicia style. I wish we had a Cat ears-style, but I had to compromise with the Reindeer Antlers. :p I also wish the Demon tail was bound to the Color palette and not your Skin color.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

:D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

No pics, just a quick little side note.

I was browsing another site where they were talking about DCUO's launch on the Switch, and one of the comments in the article went on and on about how all the outfits are just themed around the big name heroes and villains. They even went so far as to more or less claim you couldn't make any looks that didn't look like one of the major heroes in the DC universe.

Setting aside the rant-like trollish nature of that post, I was SO tempted to link this thread in reply with a comment like "I'll just leave this here" or a "You were saying?" :D
    • Like x 4
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You should...people like that need to be shown that with a little bit of creativity and a lot less negativity you can do a lot in this game.;)
    • Like x 4
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You should have. 771 pages of awesome style combinations.
    • Like x 5
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 8
  20. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

did you try with shimmer material,opalescent material or liquid material on the demon tail?:)