Thanks Mepps

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLorax, Aug 16, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I just noticed the new "Thumbs Down" feature.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

:(
    • Like x 1
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

5. FoolsFire Devoted Player

*look for thumbs down...*

Oh, the irony. :D
    • Like x 4
  6. SkullGang Devoted Player

How come ?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Tbh I kind of understand the usefulness of it but at the same time there's a serious risk of unnecessary toxicity resulting in a down vote button being abused.
    • Like x 11
  9. Brother Allen Loyal Player

10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Yeah, if I recall correctly, there actually was a time (2011ish?) when there was a Thumbs Down option on these very boards.

It was an ugly thing, used to bully and harass. Probably why it was removed in the first place.
    • Like x 6
  11. Eve YouTuber

People still do that, so giving them this option would be a mistake. If our community was friendly-type,
    I'm sure it would be okay.
    • Like x 5
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I have found that most people just troll and upset each other with the thumbs down. Since we don't currently have functionality attached (like sorting, etc.), I don't think it serves a purpose.
    • Like x 10
  13. Catastrophic Repercussion Dedicated Player

I don't think gaming forum like these is a place where nuanced discussions can flourish so just having thumbs up for funsies is fine.
    On the other hand, seeing posts with bad opinions (or spelling!) getting likes can be irritating on its own.
    • Like x 1
  14. Maxwill Committed Player

You have to bring it back ! :(
  15. ThunderGunExpress Well-Known Player

That made me laugh. /thumbsup
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I dont need a thumb down feature to get some of these forum warriors raging
  17. spack2k Steadfast Player

yeah, it would just spice up the toxicity.
  18. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

We have Enough thumbs down as is is in sosial media
    • Like x 2
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

I tend to go back and look at the thread view count and the likes to see which posts are getting absolutely ratio'd. I think people are entirely too validating online for some really dumb ideas. They need some grounding in reality. LOL
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I hate how sensitive people are these days about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, sometimes I get sick of how careful we are supposed to be choosing every single freaking word, I can imagine people crying about few thumbs downs for weeks...