Daybreak, please just put villains and heroes chat together.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dianatique, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

^ I* can not understand why the Two sides haven't fussed yet.. In the same vein of team ups you don't expect, there are times when both heroes and villains work together. Whether they are forced together or they genuinely see eye-to-eye^, these odd couples occur. It could even be indicative of a change of alignment** for either party, villains reform after befriending heroes and sometimes heroes are influenced to fall to the dark side.

There never should have been separate faction's. The common antagonist within DCUO was and is brainiac.
    • Like x 1
  2. Controller Devoted Player

You know, at first I thought this was a GREAT idea...long overdue....etc, etc....after all, it's been done in the JLU series

THEN I thought NO - NOT a great idea...a BAD one...know why?

Lex Luthor - the villain's leader....the Big Kahuna...the Big Cheese...the Ayatollah of Rock-in-Rollah....doesn't wash his hands. Therefore - villains don't wash their hands.

No thanks....UNLESS -

Lex washes his hands. Lead by example. Once he does this then we can revisit Villains and Heroes chatting together.
  3. thirty six Loyal Player

Custom chat channels are cross faction. Versus is cross faction as well.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Just an old fashioned love song.
    • Like x 5
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Let villains play every mission in the DCUO game with heroes and group up with them, talk to them... They must find a way to let villains and heroes communicate/play every mission together.. They must...
    • Like x 1
  6. stärnbock Devoted Player

i wonder: is there a server wide custom channel that is getting used by villains and heroes?
    like, for example /chatjoin EU server, or DCUO, or heroes and villains, or something alike?
    i am not sure, with the leagues i got custom chat on both sides, yet never realy used it...
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I was in a league that had a joint hero/villain channel.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It's more complicated and pretty unlikely heroes and villains would be able to group, etc., outside of cross-faction on duty instances. Relaxing the chat restrictions, however, is something we have discussed as more likely. We'll restart that conversation.
    • Like x 13
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

It would be nice to have the ability to chat cross faction in general; however, I am not ready to be double-spammed either. I can see it now; 10 lines of spam as soon as my character gets into the Gotham/Metropolis open world.:eek: I will be quite upset if I have to spend another 5 minutes ignoring/reporting hero AND villain spammers!:mad:

So please, as you and your team revisit this issue, try to implement a way(s) to add this feature while also making it more difficult for spammers to take advantage of it.:D
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I feel like they should b able to trade also, maybe have the meetup place be at the old star labs battle area, because like... what chat is it that your think to merge if not trade?
  11. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

yea aight lol. aint gonna restart them convos until next year MAYBE :p aint foolin me
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Versus already exists, so duplicating it would seem to be pointless, wouldn't it?

The only possible obvious change I see would be having chat default to having Versus turned on, but if you're going to do that I'd PLEAD AND BEG for the return of LFG as a default option. Removing that was one of the most destructive decisions ever made by DCUO. The result has been that most players don't find out about LFG for months, or years, and thus LFG became about a tenth as useful as previously because only a tenth or less of playerdom even know about it.

For that matter, most players seem to be pretty clueless about how to adjust chat channels, period, since while it's pretty obvious if you look at it carefully and think, most people don't look carefully at things and think.

Now that there's Universal Messaging, how about a Message to new players instructing them on how to use LFG?
    • Like x 2
  13. DarkAya Dedicated Player

Global (like LFG/Trade) equivalent of Versus is all we need.
    • Like x 1
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What's a non-global version of Versus? What are you proposing that's different from current Versus, which is... global, so far as I know. (Or am I confused?)
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

I believe Versus chat is only in the same area like Shout chat. Whereas LFG is anywhere, I think? I don't see the point of Versus chat being global though because you should only be using that chat to talk towards who you're versing.
    • Like x 3
  16. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

Is totally what a gold spammer would thoroughly enjoy to have. Which should lead to players disabling the chat. If you're going to request a chat feature, try beginning with account bound blocking across all characters instead of it being per character. That would be a good start. /glare at global chat of any kind.

A GUI LFG option has still not been added? /facepalm.
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If they set a restriction to a hero/villain global chat to level 30, that might help.
    • Like x 1
  18. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...good idea but that may not be enough, in my opinion.
    The restriction would have to be similar to what the general chat system is set to: free players/no access, Premium players/limited access, and Legendary members/full access. Add a global/account ignore/block and it would be near perfect.
  19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Gold bots have already found ways around the current restrictions. They are already on separate accounts so an account block wouldn't do much.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rainnifer Committed Player

This might hurt more players than intended, but on the topic of those gold spammers there really needs to be some restrictions because of them. First of all, free players shouldn't have access to Shout or global chats. Considering the limited content in free to play, there's really not much reason for them to need LFG and of course Trade chat. They should add a message to the universal messaging system notifying players of the Forums and letting them know that they can ask or search there if they have any questions about the game. Tells don't need to be restricted so they can use that if they have questions for specific players in-game, same with Group or League chats because gold spammers will not be using any of these chats as they have to be invited in the first place.
    Where all this gets fuzzy is premium players. We know a lot of gold spammers tend to be premium, so I'm unsure yet of a better solution for this because restricting premium players in a similar way will simply not do good for the community but maybe the free to play restrictions will help hinder them because this will cause them to have to make more accounts premium if they wish to spam everyone. In that time devs can crack down on their efforts and hopefully drive them away/make them "bankrupt."
    Hopefully.. Just my idea of a possible solution.