Constant Game Crashing on the Switch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mizzike, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Mizzike New Player

Is the development team aware that the game crashes an absurd amount of times on the Nintendo switch? If so will there be a fix soon hopefully? I play with 5 other people and all of us in different scenarios, so it's not a bug that I can recreate, but the game at least 5 to 6 times a day for any of us will just randomly freeze and crash.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rainnifer Committed Player

Welcome, we've suffered this same issue in the past for PC/PS so just bear with them, no telling how long it will take for the problem to be fixed.
    • Like x 2
  3. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Isn't necessary been an *** guys,

1- contact support sending a ticket
    2- they don't have the solution but opening the ports of the router could help, enable the NAT and UPnP ask support how to do it on switch
    • Like x 1
  4. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Hmm this crash seems very different to what I've experienced on PS4. The game will literally stutter frames. It seems to be related to the camera being stuck or your character doing weird things in movement modes causing the camera to go haywire.
    • Like x 3
  5. Mizzike New Player

true i hope they can do something soon
  6. Cyro Committed Player

Welcome to the party we hope you enjoy your stay.

In all seriousness file a ticket and do what you are doing post on the forums, since the switch is so new now is the time to get those issues fixed. You will have a lot harder time doing so a few months down the line when the switch isn't so new
  7. myandria Item Storage

Add the new episodes and the Halloween/Winter events within those few months and it could be a downright nightmare (pun intended); so yeah, it is best to contact support so they can fix things before these events/launches happen.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Hello! We are tracking crashes and disconnects on Switch (and all platforms), and have a few fixes ready for our next/first update.

That said, noting there are crashes without details helps us not at all. Even if you don't see a pattern, if you could post where you were in the game and exactly what happened, it can help us out a lot. (Did the game close? Did the game disconnect? Did the game freeze? And so on.)

Thanks!
    • Like x 2
  9. Jeronan Level 30

Weird. I have one char at level 19 and my main is now at level 27 and have yet to experience a single crash?

I have actually been incredibly impressed in how stable the Switch port has been so far.

So I have a feeling these crashes might be network related or are you all at level 30 and it's happening in specific high level areas/instances?
  10. Cruize Active Player

Been getting it on a daily basis, sometimes its bad, sometimes its once or twice per day.

I usually get it when I'm in my lair and I leave the queued group that I was in, so to try and alleviate it, I don't accept queues when I am in my lair.
    Could be network related or population related as I do have some experience crashing on populated areas like WT/Outside safehouses.

Hope it gets fixed.
  11. Void cell Well-Known Player

Usually always in movement mode from what I can see... frames loop for 2 or so seconds then the game crashes and you need to reopen it. It has happened in the watch tower in metropolis in Gotham in raids in alerts in duos.. basically seems like it can happen everywhere.

During the 2 second freeze and frame loop you are able to voice chat..
    • Like x 1