Nintendo Switch playerbase

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Hblockx, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Hblockx New Player

Hi all.

Im new on Nintendo Switch and just wanted to ask you guys how is the population in both factions.
    Should I join the hero or villain side as a new player
  2. inferno Loyal Player

You get 3 toons as a free player, 6 if you go premium, so you can try 1 of each. The heroes' side is more populated in the pc/ps4 servers though.
  3. Fission Active Player

The entire game's pretty empty at the moment really. I have noticed more people levelling heroes but it's hard to say if many of them will stick around.
    • Like x 1
  4. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Same here and its very hard to get any groups going with blind queueing.I Realy hope it gets better chause I Realy want it to work..It's hard to cr up on your own.
    • Like x 1
  5. Measural New Player

I'm playing on Heroes and the population after 30 is pretty low right now. 63 CR Atm and getting 4 Mans take awhile. I dunno if there are any 8 man queues I haven't gotten into one letting it on 24/7. Duos usually pop within 1-5 mins
  6. Witness6 New Player

Hero side is more populated for sure.
  7. Witness6 New Player

Yeah hero side 100% is more populated on the Switch right now.
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I did set up a switch account on my kid's device, but have not played very far in. It was more just to see how it ran, but from the chat window it seemed both sides (I set up one of each Hero/Villain) were kind of low, villains lower though. But that's just chat....might not indicate anything.

Historically I think the Hero side has always been more popular on PC/PS4, even more as the population dwindles because most players start as a hero. Obviously there are some who went straight to the villain side, but most casual players, IMHO, go hero and maybe start a villain later to see how that side works. Therefore there are generally more heroes, although as most villains will be quick to point out....the quality of hero players may fluctuate greatly.

I'd guess Switch will work the same, especially when you figure the player base might skew younger being on the switch. I'd guess most kids would rather run with Batman/Superman vs Joker/Lex.

It will be interesting to look at it in a year and see how things are panning out.

Reinheld
  9. zergx New Player

I also joined in on the switch! The fact is the game just came out so most people are just focusing on leveling and getting used to the game. It's a bit too early to tell how big the population is.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jeronan Level 30

This why it was utterly stupid of them to launch with two region locked servers. One in EU and one in US.

It's a very old game and they should have just launched with one big world server.

The CR wall is real in this game and if you can't find any groups, people will get bored real quick and dump the game.

So unless they have "real" plans of making the game cross-platform soon, it's going to end up as a big failure on the Switch :(
    • Like x 2
  11. Cruize Active Player

Been playing since launch and manage to get two characters to 30+ (see signature), I haven't been able to find a raid group (heck even the JL: Dark Raid Event version takes a while to find a group), it takes a long time to queue 4-mans as well however I do manage to get 2-mans going. I did see a decent number of people playing on Hero side and a lesser amount on Villain, it is possible that they stopped playing when they reached cap.

I did manage to queue with a guy with 256CR earlier on Switch and it wasn't a scaled instance or something as it was the flashback duo and I was at my current CR.

Personally I'm getting annoyed by the crashes especially on handheld so here I am patching my PC client and checking the community after.
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

villains are generally older players or predominately i should say and I would even go as far as say and statistically better players because of smaller population.

not saying there aren't great hero players, there are but there will always be more Heros players so your odds of getting a great player are lower .

people will disagree (heroes lol ;) ) but over all its for the most part true