Cash Cap Should Be Higher.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 6, 2019.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I still play every day - got to make sure I get my $0.34 worth. However, if they removed the cash cap I would have no reason to sub - I rarely use RBs (and then only to buy styles and feats), there is hardly anything in the MP to interest me (so the discount and stipend are of little importance), and so on...

I do, however, have a few hundred million saved up in in-game cash, so the unlimited cash is useful to me. If they gave that to everybody for nothing, then my sub would be stopped because IRL I don't have hundreds of millions and could do other things with the sub money. For now though, it's about 34 cents a day, which is affordable, and is worth it for the convenience.
    • Like x 1
  2. Jeronan Level 30

So if the Cash cap is gone, there is no valid reason to sub anymore?

You don't use the Broker?

You don't play beyond level 30 and only level / recreate alts to play from level 1 to level 30?

Since to my knowledge, you either have to spend a ridiculous amount of money to buy yourself all the way up to the latest DLC or subscribe to unlock everything.

Same with vast majority of powers! A lot of powers are locked out and require you to either subscribe or buy the corresponding DLC packs.

That is the main perk for me to subscribe! Unlocking all Powers and DLC packs, so I can access all the powers and content and immediately create the heroes I want and play how I want.
    For me that is more convenient then buying all the DLC packs separately.

And if people still decide to do that, its still money that goes directly in Daybreak's pockets!

As long as they release a minimum of 4 DLCs per year, that is recurring income right there for either people buying the DLCs outright or subscribing.

The Cash cap is the most stupid thing this game, especially if they try to sell it as major perk for subscribing. While I already mentioned the other much better benefits!
    It's only frustrating new players and frustration is not the way to go to make people subscribe to this now very old game!
    There already enough other limitations in the game, to entice people to subscribe. Like access to specific powers and when they reach level 30 and hit the content wall and require DLC to progress further!
  3. Azreaus Committed Player

The Cash Cap IS a major perk for Subbing (not the most important one, but it's near the top of the list)
    • Like x 3
  4. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

Then why did you say before "when I played"?
  6. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Coming from a premium player: I think raising the cash cap to $5000 is the sweet spot. Not high enough to play the broker game without a subscription (or a 7 day unlimited escrow token) but high enough to do simple gear repairs in one go. In my view this will keep both sides of this discussion happy.
    • Like x 1
  7. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I didn't. That was lukelucky.
    • Like x 1
  8. myandria Item Storage

Not a bad suggestion: however, as Mepps pointed out in another thread (which he closed) the cash cap raise was not meant to make repairing gear a comfortable thing to do. Here is that link to that thread; it's the last comment. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/cash-cap-increased.303301/page-9
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

those two will never support this just make your case and dont mind them
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I support raising the cap by a small margin, just not removing it completely.
    • Like x 4
  11. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Currently premium.

I actually buy the DLC's so I don't have to keep a membership, and when I do sub it is for short burst, so I can play the broker.

This discussion sounds a whole lot different than it may appear to be.

I definitely wouldn't need to sub if they got rid of the cash cap, because I don't think short term.

A DLC is enjoyable for about what 1 month, maybe 2 and they usually have 3 a year so...out of a year I would only need to stay subbed up what 4-5 months and the way I do it I usually sub for 1 month at a time(dumping more than $20 t a time for 1 account is more than to much for me to put into any game).

The rat race is what I am hearing and it is not what it appears to be, there is boredom and some, I can promise you this, when you get. Past the who I need to keep up with others who have maxed out everything and start to really get down to doing for you, the game is totally different.
  12. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Agreed, which is why I made my own proposal in the other thread.
  13. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Im late to reading that mepps closed the other thread ab this.. he said they often talk ab it but the reason they upt it this time was so new players felt less restricted when repairing gear...

So if they know the gear repairs are so expensive why not just lower the cost to repair?

In that thread i wrote that i knew the only reason they did this was so switch players would play through 1-30 ... wonder if thats really the reason people quit at like level 15? I personally think its bc the 1-30 is boring & the root of the game is in the alerts/raids ... alot more people would stick if u didn’t have to pay to skip to 30... 9 years ago the 1-30 was cool, okayy but now its absolutely boring & i see why people turn away, i had to beg my friend to level up to 30 years ago, and since then we’ve played for atleast 5 years
  14. dresserball Dedicated Player

Sorry about that. Not sure why you are replying to my reply to that person though
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im almost positive he was right the game was still in subscription when the original hack happened the game had just started and about a month to 3 months in was the hack and none of us could get on for a long time and that was back when the game was still on disk I don't even think the Krypton content was live yet
  16. Azreaus Committed Player

The game was sub based when the hack happened as I was just about to try the game when he servers went down and had to wait until after the servers came back online to do so. As we had to buy the game before we could play it SOE included 1 (one) month of Membership with each purchase of a new disk (I had to buy a 2nd hand disk and 1 month Sub of the PSN Store as I couldn't find any new disks where I lived). I think T2 was endgame when the game went down/came back up but it's possible some (not all) T3 stuff had been added.

Barry Allen said:
    “No it wasnt cos i remember i was playing for that times as free player and i had the 1rst legendary for free, and some others as Christmas gifts... so IT IS TESTED! and in grater level than just coins i mean, totally free and the game still up, there isnt any valid argument.”
  17. Marek Committed Player

I believe it still was in subscription when the hack happened. Without looking it up I believe it was from March - April of 2011 or April - May of 2011, dont remember which.

Love that you mentioned the disk lol .... was still using that clear up to launch day of the ps4. Forgot all about that damn disk and I'm sure I still have the disk and its case around somewhere lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Azreaus Committed Player

Here's a photo of my old PS3 DCUO disk showing the free months Sub on the front.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. Azreaus Committed Player

The hack was Apr - May as I was going to buy myself a copy of the game for my BDay but the servers went down before I got around to it so I decided to wait til they came back up (by which time I couldn't find a new copy and had to go for a 2nd hand one).
    • Like x 1
  20. Marek Committed Player

Ok that's what I thought. Ya I remember the disk having a 1 month membership included cuz I bought it launch day but didnt have internet access in my apartment at the time so had to wait a couple days to play