Cash Cap Should Be Higher.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Me? or them? cause i don't consider myself elitist.
  2. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

whew, then we still on the same page, unfortunately this game was so into promoting subs they gave it that perk, it just depends on the confidence level of Dev's these days, bdo and eso are AAA titled mmo's.
  3. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

That just shows how flawed this game is especially if you have smaller games taking those chances in being loyal to all they players in that way.
  4. Epiclurker Well-Known Player

Sigh, the same argument all over again. Sadly some people have yet to realize that restrictions like the cash cap don't drive people to sub, it drives people to play less. When a F2P player sees that no amount of work will get them enough cash for that upgrade they simply give up and go elsewhere for their entertainment. They need a system closer to what Secret World Legends uses.
  5. Rainnifer Committed Player

I've never tried any of those games, what kinds of things are you able to buy with the "no limit" cash? Are there systems like the broker that allow you to buy and sell wanted items that come from different content you'd otherwise have to pay for? Genuine question cause I'd like to know how other games work with their economy's.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

That's definitely one of the big differences between DCUO and that, the Broker doesn't have such checks like that and you have the ability to buy any type of item as long as you have access to the broker, you wouldn't need any of the DLCs. As for the reason why this is, none of us know. The team behind DCUO is relatively small and maybe they didn't have the resources to implement this or maybe they did it on purpose but either way the cash cap prevents everyone from skipping on paying for this stuff.
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You're joking right or was I being unclear? I would consider unsubbing in between episodes if the cap was lifted/extended, I do not utilize all the perks in between episodes because I am only playing solo content/ farming. It's a hypothetical scenario.

Realistically, some people cut their subs in between episodes and go play anything else but DC which is what dresserball was suggesting I do when he asked me why I don't cut my sub now. There are reasons for me to log in, there are reasons for me to keep my sub up. There's no contradiction. You read the replies and took from it what you wanted. So are we done or are we finished?
    • Like x 3
  8. Dene Devoted Player

LOL

You actually ever read his posts??? He definitely is not a "defender" - he just has different opinions to you, in this instance.. just because people do not agree with everything you say doesn't automatically make them a "defender" or "brown noser" or whatever word you want to use this time..
    • Like x 4
  9. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok, I get that you are angry at DCUO's monetizations and are even more angry that an idea of yours wasn't received as you were hoping it would be but you don't need to attack people that clearly have no knowledge of.

Though I loath to defend Proxy, he is nowhere near a defender (as you called him). Proxy is a subscribe or get off of my internet type of person, to him the more hell that can be put on a nonsubscriber the better. He can not (and will not) fathom any reason why someone wont pay for a subscription. So that's why he disagreed with you.

If you had been frequenting these forums for the 5 years your account looks to have existed, you would well know that Proxy was one of the loudest voices against the Time Capsules from the beginning a long with a great deal of other things DGC has done over the past few years. So no he's not a defender just a snobbish subscriber.
    • Like x 1
  10. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

It's so frustrating that people still think that. Daybreak did not buy anything, it is just the new name of SOE. The name Daybreak Game Company did not exist in any form prior to SOE changing their name to it.

The actual owner of SOE/DGC is a bit confusing, so sadly people will most likely continue to think Daybreak is the owner.
    • Like x 1
  11. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

I find it funny that these players try to justify paying subscription with all these wonderful benefits, but as soon as you say raise the cash cap.

These same players flip their lid, cause they know cash cap is the main reason why most ppl pay for subscription.

DCUO can do better. But as long as white knight whales is against raising cash cap then nothing will change
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Probably not inaccurate :cool:
  13. Batrederik Dedicated Player

more like Lucifer:) .

P.S ProxyStar don't take this the wrong way **
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's weird, I'm a bit surprised (and maybe a bit offended) about not being called out as a rabid defender while Proxy was. :confused: But then again, someone did try singling me out earlier on, so I guess I had my turn already. LOL

Anyhow, there's something Ankh_Legacy mentioned that I want to address.

I'm not going to presume to speak for Proxystar on that. For me, it's like this: I can understand why someone won't pay for a subscription and can sympathize with those reasons. However, that sympathy doesn't mean they should get to have access to any goodies they aren't paying for.

Stores like Target and Best Buy have programs where you can get things like discounts on purchases, and companies like Amazon have their Prime program to allow for free shipping and access to their shows/programs. But if you want those bonuses, you have to sign up for them or pay for their extras. They will not care in the slightest how much money you have spent with their company/store already and any attempts to make that kind of argument will only get you a "I'm sorry, that's not how the program works" answer.

Well, to your face, anyway. You probably don't want to know what they're saying to themselves or each other after you leave. ;)

The devs are pretty much taking the same approach with membership. They spelled things out clearly from the start and there's been no bait-and-switch. If a player wants a certain aspect of the game or some particular benefits, they know what they have to do to get it. And I can understand why someone can't (or won't) spring for a subscription, but when they make that choice they kinda lose any real right to complain about what comes with making that choice.

It'd be like trying to complain about not getting feats or particular drops from raids when I refuse to run them. My arguments aren't going to go far if I'm not willing to do what's necessary to get those feats or drops in the first place.
    • Like x 4
  15. GalaxySniper Loyal Player

LMAO so w-h-I-t-e K-n-I-g-h-t means rational person huh? I guess it's obvious who DCUO caters to
  16. Proxystar #Perception

Pretty much, I mean you either pay or you don't, if you don't then you don't receive the benefits, pretty clearly outlined.

I actually try to be polite when discussing the topic, but the reality is I actually have very little sympathy for someone who is choosing not to pay for a subscription but wants to sit and whinge about what they're not getting when that choice is 100% directly of their own election.

I don't think raising a "but I'm too poor for subscription" is a valid argument either despite the fact I express sympathy for someone in that position I also can't help but point out that in order to be worried about playing DCUO in the first place you either need a PC or a console and an active internet account and be paying an electricity supplier, so in reality if you've got those things in place already and you're then suggesting that your issue is the remaining $15 per month for a sub, sorry I don't buy it. :)

This is a choice thing and people just aren't want to own the consequences of that choice when they can sit there and moan about it with the hope that one day that moaning may just pay off and get them what they want ;)
    • Like x 1
  17. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The thing is that if you buy yearly membership you actually get almost all your money back. Yearly membership is $120. About 127 with tax in certain areas. With that membership you are actually paying $10 a month. With that membership comes the benefit of $5 back every month and $5 of replay badges. Plus the free goodies they sometimes give. I got the Flash cowl for free because they gave it to members for free so any new characters I make I just go to redeem and there is another flash cowl for free. So basically you only paid about 7 or 8 dollars for a full year of membership because you got your money back in one form or another. I only spend real money on things that I must have RIGHT NOW. That was why I bought the bvs emblem pack when it was out and I have a tintable version of the superman emblem. Otherwise I'll wait for my monthly reward and buy something I want.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Exactly right.
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

When I played I %100 would of unsubbed if I didn't need legendary for cash

Cash restrictions is the main reason to sub because dcuo treats customers like we owe them all our money
    • Like x 1
  20. dresserball Dedicated Player

Sounds like you don't play anymore.