Server Downtime - August 6, 2019 - Nintendo Switch & GU96

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Poetic Play Committed Player

I feel like that'd be worse. It's a new platform which new players will be coming to... Imagine starting out and seeing everyone already at max CR and SP.... It would be discouraging.
  2. Juvenile Active Player

Cross platform needs to be a thing tbh. Merging US and EU should've already been a thing like they did on XBOX.
  3. ExO LunG New Player

30 mins to go its 11:30am ET (8:30PT)
  4. PDDIN POPS New Player

What is coming in gu 96
  5. ExO LunG New Player

They said that info will release after 9amPT almost there
  6. Jeronan Level 30

That would only benefit excisting players, but scare away any potentional new player they are trying to attract on the Switch platform who would join and see everyone around him/her at max level/max CR.

Not to mention all those bored max level/high CR rank players roaming around low level areas griefing low level players by killing off all the mobs.
    I lost count how many times I ran into this when leveling new toons on PS4 and PC. I know most mobs respawn quickly, but if you have a team of griefers working together its annoying as hell, not fun and slows you down a lot.

So Daybreak made the right choice creating a new separate server for the Switch version, where everyone starts fresh. I am looking forward to it!
  7. Jeronan Level 30

Well I seriously hope they just have a single server for the Switch and not region lock US and EU players from each other! The game is too old to attract enough players to fill up two region servers over the long term. That would be Epic fail if this ends up being the case and my Switch adventure will be very short lived and me not spending a single dime.

I experience it now with Warframe on the Switch. At least you have a global single account account server, but the P2P queue system is separated by region. Even though you can freely move between region queues, there are just not enough players active anymore in each region in my prime time. Just can't get anything done anymore and the game is only 8 months old now on the Switch platform. :(
  8. KeithaH New Player

Cross platform would be nice. I've also played on xbox and honestly see no difference between xbox and pc other than lag being worst on pc. Also playing on xbox cost $15 for game pass and another $15 for membership. Who want to pay $30 a month just to play it on xbox? Wish I could transfer my toons from xbox to pc platform.
  9. lb2div New Player

isn't that how it works for every new player starting out fresh on a game that isn't brand new? :p
  10. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

From the original message Mepps posted sounds like most of 96 will involved changes necessary to get Switch up and running but there may be a few things added that will affect any and all platforms
  11. Son1cPT Well-Known Player

ONLINE???
  12. Jeronan Level 30

Nope. They said on Twitter half and hour ago that they were on track for 9AM PST/6 PM CET launch for Switch, but servers are still in maintenance mode.
    So I guess they were not on track after all lol.
  13. Poetic Play Committed Player

That's one reason old games don't bring in new players. (Besides obvious graphics issues)
    New players don't go to WoW for example... Returning players and people with tons invested in it do.

I personally wouldn't have started on Switch if people were already end-game or able to buy high CR to start. That makes the game feel even older, when the goal should be to feel "fresh" and inviting.
  14. Jords21 Well-Known Player

It’s not online PS4 server still down and EU here
    • Like x 1
  15. Physique Dedicated Player

I hate to be a pest but, um, do we have patch notes yet?
  16. Jords21 Well-Known Player

Just gone up now
  17. Jeronan Level 30

Maybe unlock the Switch servers first before advertising DCUO is now available on the Switch? :p

Server for the Switch is still down for Maintenance. :-/
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Update: Both US and EU downloads are available. The US world is unlocked, while they EU world may take about one more hour. EU we are now targeting 10:30AM PT.
    • Like x 1
  19. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

In the patch notes there is a lot of stuff skit the switch launch. What about game update 96? There is nothing in there about that????
  20. Jeronan Level 30

Why two different regions servers and not even a region server toggle like on other platforms?

Are you seriously telling me you are region locking EU and US players from each other on the Switch?? Are you kidding me? :(