What's your favourite seasonal event?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FlyingSheep, Jul 27, 2019.

1. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

When I first started in 2015 I joined halfway through the witching hour so that holds a special place with me, and I'm going to say that is my favourite seasonal event?

What's yours and why? Is there any you don't like?
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I can find fun bits in all of the seasonal events, but I think my favorite is Halloween. I love going dark in dressing up my characters for the event (and usually keep the looks active until Halloween actually takes place), and between Klarion and the random civilians in Gotham you get some of the most fun lines of dialogue in the game.

Least favorite is easy: the original Valentine's event. SO glad they changed it to what it is now.
    • Like x 2
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

When I started (year one) the original Halloween Seasonal was the same as the Scarecrow sewer mission. I thought it was oddly fun people yelling, "Crows!"
    • Like x 1
  4. recoil2 Dedicated Player

halloween is easily the most festive, as well as the one that resonates with me personally. summer has to be the most dis-interesting followed by winter (same stuff year after year, presents or trees pick your poison), and lastly thanksgiving which is just sort of glossed over by giving us a table. all in all most of the seasonals need a good upgrade but halloween is fairly fine as is, still wouldn't mind trigon or spectre invading though to add more to it.
  5. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Halloween for me. I enjoy the fall (I hate hot weather) and I enjoy seeing all the many characters dressed up in their Halloween outfits. I also like seeing Gotham with the decorations.
    • Like x 3
  6. mynch457 Well-Known Player

Halloween...something really cool about seeing Gotham decorated...although you would think that with all of the crazy that goers on there they would hate Halloween.
  7. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Idk if I really like any of them, but base decorating wise, I love the spring, summer, Halloween &winter base items :p

I hate most of the instances by now, it just sometimes feels grindy after I get the new feats completed
    • Like x 1
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Going to go with Winter for me - mostly because of how the music changes in Metropolis. :)
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

Valentines Day

cuz pink and love, something the game needs more about :p
  10. Hollows Active Player

My favorite is easily Halloween (although I only did half of one back in 2013) followed by Christmas. I can't wait for each event to come back around so I can hopefully finish off my bases. Least favorite is the summer event. I am so glad that it is finally over. Running 15 chars through all the mob cc's and realizing that the other faction can and does heal up the turrets, every day just to catch up on all that lost time was extremely annoying but in the end, ultimately worth it. My Atlantean base is finally up to snuff and so is my beach bar. Now, I've got to somehow gather up all the Kryptonian and Sunstone items I can, so that my Kryptonian base will appear somewhat decent.
  11. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

"Give your love to Circe!" *Shoots Arrow*
  12. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

Halloween because its my favorite holiday, least favorite is spring because heroes repeatedly squish my plants
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I like Spring, Halloween, and Winter the best. After that its Summer (the outdoor mission is too much of a hassle now), Valentine's and Anniversary. However, Anniversary did get a little better this past January with the addition of the Brainiac Drone Trinket, Anti Matter Aura, Building Rubble Base items and Future Joker style.
  14. Brit Loyal Player

Anniversary Event.

Why? Because it's a solo and a raid, instead of a four man. And it seemed to get the fewest number of AFK people.
    • Like x 1
  15. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Halloween, it usually gives the best styles

@devs still waiting on my PLAIN winter skully cap from Christmas seasonal
  16. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

The one where I’m not clamped in. Haven’t ran a seasonal since they added the clamp.
  17. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Probably Christmas, with halloween being a close second
  18. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Anniversary. Because I need more qwa-bombs to cheese content.
  19. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

Winter and Summer
    Winter because I love the Ice And snow walls for my Ice-inspired character
    and summer because....well, I'm a parrot-head and I love going to the beach.
  20. Anri Myst Active Player

Whichever has the least leechers is going to be my favourite. Over the year every instance linked to a seasonal has people just afk inside or outside taking advantage.

Summer was the worst for this with the guys just standing on the ship letting others get the generators for them, the first few seasons I just shrugged and didn't care. But 2 years of seasonals with 16 chars and this happening on at least 50% of them is pretty annoying.