DCUO On Nintendo Switch! August 6, 2019

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jul 18, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can only play as an iconic character in Legends PvE events and Legends PvP content. And there's not hundreds, there's around 45 skins.
  2. FriGin New Player

A couple of questions...
    1. Will the switch be on its own, or will it join pc/ps4 or whats going on with that?
    2. will our normal account be okay for the game so i can play my main account on the switch or do i have to have a 2nd account?
    3. will there be a price to buy it on the switch or is it going to be a free download?
  3. recoil2 Dedicated Player

1. not initially, but cross play is stated by developers to be a future possibility.
    2. no and yes, PC/PS/Xbox accounts are not carrying over, and yes you will have to start a new switch account from scratch.
    3. no clue honestly.
  4. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Um, I thought when he'd announced to play with more than 300 DC characters, the game on the new console is supposed to be like that.
    • Like x 1
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

It says that you can "fight with or against over 300 characters"... meaning that you will be fighting along side them or against them, not that you will actually be playing those characters (except in Legends, where there is a limited selection from among those 300).
    • Like x 1
  6. Bobby Paul Well-Known Player

I totally understand that they need to keep the Nintendo players updated abut that’s doesn’t mean that they should just focus on that! We all deserve updates about the game!
    • Like x 1
  7. MeteorShock New Player

Already saving up my money to pay for legendary the first day it comes out im so hype I think im gonna blow up!!! Thanks DayBreakGames
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Are there even that many DC characters in game? hell, maybe there is and just seeing that number evokes a sticker shock response lol.
  9. iNeoN Active Player

Questions:
    Will we be able to preload the game befor launch? If so, when?
    What time will the server be open on 8/6/19?
  10. BumblingB I got better.

Quick question, was it said anywhere that it will work on the Lite that is coming out in September?
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Switch is separate from other platforms.
    Existing accounts will not connect to your new Switch accounts.
    Free to download, just like everywhere else.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We don't have confirmation on either of these quite yet. We will share when we do.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes, there is no reason to expect it not to.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

Thank you, just wanted to make sure. I read that some games wont work on it because it is only the handheld version. Was worried that something might go along that.

My brother was going to be getting a lite and wanted to check.

Thanks!
  15. MeteorShock New Player

Mepps will We be getting special items like we did in the xbox one version with the cape aura and emblem?
  16. AlanR80 Active Player

@Mepps Will we be able to obtain the power-set based auras and materials for our toons?
  17. Oddpodd Dedicated Player

@Mepps Are we right to assume that the release will be a content dump, and not a gradual release of Episodes?
  18. Wiiman741 New Player

Very excited! My group of friends and I are planning on playing since launch.

I am curious though, if the the Switch server is going to be completely isolated and brand new, what does this mean for all the years worth of content? I think it would be cool to have to play through all the content as it released and eventually catch up.

But if there's a boost option to allow for people to skip to the end, it seems like it would create a huge vacuum of early content Switch players would never play if that's the case

Any official word yet how the content will be available from launch?
  19. iNeoN Active Player

Announcing...
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

they look so beautiful .. :d :d And Superman’s face... $$