Is Nature the new Electricity?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Amanda Bailey, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

Just wondering. I never see the insectoid form anymore and it’s probably because it lost its power back mechanic. On top of that Nature heals seem so slow. Flourish and Blossom are the only viable burst heals. Cross Pollination is like Galvanazie and I still thinks it’s redundant to have these vicinity-based powers when most of the time we have to spread out; this makes the heals weaker.

Nature DPS seems good, but the healer aspect seems lacking. I remember when Electric healing was good but the DPS aspect was so terrible for years it felt. Electricity still doesn’t feel that great, I remember when all of the healer powers were supposed to get upgrades and what not but Nature went from 1st to 5th really fast. Electricity is still mediocre or sub par. Celestial is great, Sorcery is great, Water is great.
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nature healing needs some love.
    • Like x 3
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Nature healing imo isn't the new Electricity not by a long shot lol It needs some work but fun to play.
    • Like x 1
  4. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I still play in bug form and have no issues healing.
    • Like x 1
  5. Cyro Committed Player

Sorc is worst off than nature
    • Like x 5
  6. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I personally think they’re all worse after that Update that happened after I had left. Came back to Skill Points being different and power points gone. artifacts definitely help but I never saw the point in them. Just seems to unbalance the powers more
  7. Miss Martian Well-Known Player

Yes, basically water is an environmental-friendly way for making energy, Just needs a turbine to work as Electricity.
    • Like x 2
  8. Brit Loyal Player

I Nature Heal pretty much everything these days. Nature Healing was basically what I did since launch.

Although, during Atlantis I did swap over to Electric Healing, because the tight spaces and tons of adds really made it awesome for healing.

If you're trying to say Nature and Electricity are in need of help, but

then you haven't actually played as Nature, Electricity, or Sorcery.

Water is the frontrunner for almost everything. Celestial isn't far behind. But I dislike anything that has Power-and-then-click combinations, and right now Nature is the best of the three remaining and coming in a solid 3rd place as far as healers go.
    • Like x 3
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

and maybe an 8 man shield? if it's not too much to ask.
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

if you needed to reintroduce AMs...in order to monetize them...youd come up with "artifacts"...wouldnt you
    • Like x 1
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or a fourth HoT/alternative burst heal. I'm not saying no to better shield options but I'd rather they focus on what makes Nature unique.
    • Like x 1
  12. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i finally got my nature guy over the line nature is fine...just need SP...i refuse to change form...but dont feel weak at all over that
    • Like x 1
  13. Jcal Dedicated Player

Sorcery is not great. Not at all. I'm a returning player and what's happened to Sorcery is mind blowing. Like, losing the Circle of Protection HoT when stepping outside of the Circle. Really? Someone actually went out of their way to do this, for absolutely no reason?
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What's wrong with Electricity?

Ever since the Telsa ball fix, everyone seems to hate on electricity; but I'm honestly having my fair share of doubts if they actually played the powerset because they've stuck through it or they just hopped to it because they saw a broken form of DPS output. (Not directed just at you, directed at a lot of people.)

Granted, it's been a minute since I've hopped on my electric toon; but I never felt like I had an issue with the powerset post telsa ball nerf at least from the DPS perspective.

And as far as healing goes, I'm mixed on it. I like the fact we got more options to apply a wide variety of AOE healing, but at the same token; I feel like a critical aspect of electricity got lost because you had to take risk and apply certain powers for certain situations; like for me... I kinda miss E-gen being a Tank Specific HOT.

Sorcery isn't great at all, it's clunky, it relies on fury, the damage is mediocre; PFTT feels unplayable.... and the cooldowns and PI interactions are all over the dang gum place. Needs a total rework imo.

Can't speak on Celestial or Nature as while I have toons with those powersets, I haven't had the expertise as some other fellow members have with these powersets.
    • Like x 2
  15. Brit Loyal Player

For some time I have been advocating the change of the Iconic Green Lantern Shield ability so that it becomes an 8-man shield supercharge. That would resolve the problem in a quick and easy way.
    • Like x 1
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

All i know is that the Bug Form reduces the restoration which may not be that helpful for a healer one would think
  17. Amanda Bailey Devoted Player

I think Sorcery is fine honestly. Maybe because I’ve played it so long. They ruined Soul Wells though
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They finally fixed that awhile back.
  19. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

nature healing is definitely more challenging post revamp. not un doable but like everything else i used to love to do in game it just isnt as smooth. its off tune.
  20. Agent Flores Committed Player

I switched back to electricity and I feel the same issues that plaque the healing aspect is still there. Unless I have the invigorate supercharge my heals will not reach every team member in raids. I personally love the power but when I heal I need to have a trusted healer with me to cover the rest I can not heal. I do main as a DPS so my healing on my main is weak compared to those who main healing role.
    • Like x 1