Best power for off-tanking brawling?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Bourne4red, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

I want to build a brawling dps but I realise the only way to run top level alerts/raids will need off-tanking to survive.

What’s best? Earth, Rage, Fire or Ice? Earth looks best with jackhammering and brawling.

Should I throw everything in Prec or use some Def and/or Dom?

Also, I pug, so what are people’s reactions to off-tanking? Do they get it or just shout at you for not kiting?
  2. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Also, what’s the best artifact for this build?
  3. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

I think the real question is why you don’t just pick the tank power that suits “your” personal play style the most? If you are a brawler then pick a power that lets you do that comfortably. Read up on the powers so you know what they do and then make your decision. After that, then I’m sure someone can help you figure out the proper artifacts to use.
  4. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Good advice!
    I guess I’m looking at Rage, what do you suggest?
  5. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Here you can get info about powers, weapons, artifacts etc. It's doesn't mean you must follow to guides, but you will learn some basics.

Also I recommend you to start with ice power if you want to play tank role, it's tank with easiest mechanics(basically just using shields\pull), so you can focus on your weapons attacks if you want.
  6. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Thanks but I don’t want to actually tank (I ice tanked for about 6 years in league but now I lone wolf). So, dps is my thing but I love brawling and really miss it.

So, I’m thinking dps everyday content and off-tank dps in top level alerts/raids.

I think I’m settling on rage but want some advice on artefacts for this type of build.
  7. Kanmaru Dedicated Player

Rage is a good choice. You could use Remorseless Recovery and Severe Punishment would probably be your best bet for your brawling build.
  8. spack2k Steadfast Player

If u play off-tank or battle tank while u are the only tank in the group and not using some sort of pull the group wont be happy and they will let you know, usually a group doesnt want to run with 2 tank roles, u may also have to explain why u intend to play in tank role while not having the intention to tank.
    • Like x 1
  9. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Yeah, very good point... you think DCUO players won’t get the concept of O/T?
  10. Bourne4red Well-Known Player

Thanks, any advice for artifact?
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

mystic symbol of the 7 and or manacles of force (manacles to somewhat counter act rage crash and symbol of the 7 for self heal boosting), and dilusteel refractor. dominance and health are a tank's main concerns, and rage specifically will be taking heavy damage in instances of rage crash.
  12. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

It's not affect any rage heal except Ire. Rage heal depend only on output and incoming damage + dom cap. But anyway this is not bad artifact, because it's give defence.
    Tank:
    Manacles Of Force + Symbol Of 7 + Tetrahedron Of Urgrund \ Dilustel Refractor
    If you use SC: Scrap Of Soul Cloak + Eye Of Gemini + Manacles Of Force \ Symbol Of 7
    DPS:
    Might: Scrap Of Soul Cloak + Eye Of Gemini + Tetrahedron Of Urgrund \ Solar Amplifier
    Prec: Venom Wrist Dispenser + Legionnaire's Sparring Ai + Eye Of Gemini \ Demon's Fang \ Cog Of Mageddon

P.S.
    You dont need tank role for melee in end game content(not elite).
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

precisely, which is why i said symbol of the 7 and mancles of force. unless they changed it in gu47 rage heals work by taking incoming damage and converting it to the actual heals, so the more adds and collective damage the greater the heals, balanced by an advanced mechanic called "Rage crash" where all that damage comes flooding back to affect the player after their heals end. there's also at least 2 heals which rely on dominance/restoration and or damage (infuriate and remorseless recovery, the "cap" basically dictates how much healing is received by a percentage of dominance/restoration) so any artifact which gives him precision/might (damage stat) and dominance along with super charge will be useful https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Rage, don't know if they've updated this wiki for revamp but it explains the powers and what stats are needed for them. of course if they don't use manacles of force they'd have to use one of these abilities in their loadouts: lacerate (only works in tank role to reduce crash damage), bloodlust (tank again), remorseless recovery (also tank....), violence (again tank, they really want you to tank i guess?), eviscerating chain (finally one that's not tank oriented), (galling eruption......tank -_-). WOW they're really going to have to spam eviscerating chain as part of their loadout if not in tank role......
  14. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

Oh... I see... You don't know almost anything about Rage.
    1. You don't need to stack adds, mechanic not working like pre revamp. Now Rage increase health by increasing combo meter % of your dom and that capped at 100% dom.
    2. You not converting damage to heal, just get % healback form every single hit. So again, you don't need to stack adds. You must receive damage or deal damage and then you will get % healback per hit(80% Tank role \ 50% DPS role).
    3. You don't need to take damage from RC at all. You just can block it by using cancel powers like Ev. Chain, Outrage, Revenge, Dreadful Blast, Plasma Retch, Vindictive ... And all of them work in both roles. Powers which reducing damage from RC like remorseless recovery always was part of tank role mechanics, but they usable only in content with a lot of control effects and in some fights with block mechanics like Baron Savage when you can't cancel RC in time.
    • Like x 1
  15. recoil2 Dedicated Player

oh so they DID change all that with the revamp? really need to put that information somewhere other than just the revamp notes in the dev tracker, like update the wiki or something. good to know.