Solo Survival Mode Option: Needed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Exileant, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Brit Loyal Player

Rather than a solo mode, I would have preferred an 8 player mode. That way the static raid groups don't have to have a wedge shoved into them, and support role players aren't being as pressured to play as "Battle-whatever".
    • Like x 1
  2. Exileant Well-Known Player

:rolleyes: You keep telling yourself you aren't. I am sure you will believe it.... Eventually. Hahaha! o_O If you did indeed, read, you would have seen I listed the reasons that was not an option. Perhaps you cannot see it my way because you are one of the very people I was talking about? :p Consider it, while you actually, READ.... The topic....
  3. Exileant Well-Known Player

o_O Case and point, right here. :confused: The game has got to start going in another direction. Multiplayer needs to be optional in order to keep up at this point. Just lost a friend who made it beyond 400 skill points. :( According to him it was too hard to keep up, and costed too much money to stay relevant. This is a person who had a dedicated raiding team. and spent thousands maintaining his characters. :eek: The greed and sour attitudes of his teammates drove him from his main Iconic league. o_O His friend and family slowly stopped playing for the same reasons as he stated.
    • Like x 1
  4. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) I say a mode for each one then. Each gaining more goodies faster than the next higher number of player option; like an Elite to your standard Alerts and Raids. o_O Since it is survival mode it does not have to truly end conventionally. Your armor takes damage and it will eventually break. Solo mode could be all about surviving until your armor finally gives out. :eek: Either way Solo is for the people who cannot for whatever reason find a group. I am not saying remove the 4 and 8 players, I am only saying ADD single player so some of us can get at least 1 or 2 items before the thing ends.... o_O Raiders and those who otherwise have teams, will still get top treatment because they will be able to get everything they want on the list, past and present swiftly, thanks to running with their teammates giving them the ability to run those higher Alert and Raid variations. :D The rest of us will simply have to make due with painful choices, or pay out the ear to get it all on our own.
  5. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: Well your results and findings are are different than mine. o_O Sure it brought back a few older players to see what it was about, but they swiftly left, thanks to bot being able to get in. :eek: My main has somewhere around 300 friends on it's list (AFTER I deleted about 100), even at the height of when this came back I only saw like 15-20 old names show up. :( None were on at the same time, and none of them stayed passed a week...

:D You have game building kind of confused. o_O The real trouble is in making stages and things from scratch. S.M. uses prior stages and enemies. :eek: All they have to do is pick a stage, now that they already have the model for S.M.; insert what enemies you are supposed to go up against. ;) Since they already have stages where Friendly units (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman) fight with you, and are able to be affected by your powers, even pick you up if I am not mistaken, creating a stage where you have a team of computer controlled characters that actually do damage is beyond easy. :confused: It may take some time to figure out how much damage per second the computer team would deal in relation to damage taken to determine what is classified as a GOOD healer, (Same with the other classes: How much damage would a tank need to endure for the N.P.C. Healer to Properly heal them. How much power would need to be put out-- you get it.) but it is nothing a few hours with a calculator cannot conquer, or simple (yet fun) trial and error through playing the game. :D I am talking the kind of easy where they made it so we can use enemy character skins through the magic of TRINKETS, easy... You have seen how easy it is to spawn enemies in the Test server. ;) All good games are made that way... In pieces and layers. So you can then put them together how you want and make new things work in ways you did not think about at that time.

:eek: Another major up is: Basically it is would be a teach those who do not know what true Raiding is like, what will actually be required of them; and help those of us who do, perfect our builds. ;) This will cut down the amount of people entering into the high level stuff; even at minimum C.R. from not knowing what they need to do in order to pull the team through.
    :confused: I actually do in fact think there may in fact be a language barrier, as I am not asking for a re-wrork (:p ....which is not English nor a word in it...) or even a re-work. o_O All I am asking for is an addition, and for them to pick a random area, filled the stages with random enemies scaled to us, and lock it to only need ONE person to play. Not hard. :eek: Them making Atlantis? HARD! o_O Them making new armor? Slightly less easy. :D Piggy backing off of junk you already have in the game? Easy.
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I see you have this all well thought out. I can only say one thing.

Seems about right
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) Thank you. I have, I do my best to think before I type. (Clicked the link. Love it.) o_O Dreams that lead to change are fueled by madness. America was built on that foundation repeatedly, for better and worse, and that movie you borrowed from, (at the end) could illustrate this no better.
    :eek: F-f-fh-FREEEEEEEEEEE-DOOOooOOoooOoOoooOoooooooooooom...............!
  8. Controller Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. topflow619 Well-Known Player

Sounds good in paper but let’s be realistic,THEY WON’T DO IT.They have a lot on their plate for dcuo and you think that after giving players SM for 4 players that they’ll be like,yeah we should put a solo version because that makes sense.
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

if we did have a solo survival mode, i believe it would be a hunger games type scenario where you survive as long as possible against a legion of ever increasing mobs. anybody who's run one of the sunstone core missions through the walk-ins knows how incredibly difficult this can be, even at end game levels. defeat an NPC and much like the sunstone brood mother bit goes in the fortress raid you'll have one add replace it almost immediately, in this method doubling, tripling, quadrupling, etc their numbers to test the player to see how many adds at once they can survive. much like the sunstone brood mother each round can have a central boss appear after every 100 adds defeated/spawned increasing every round from 100 first round to 200 the second 300 the third etc etc the round ending when the boss is defeated per that round.
    • Like x 1
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

I think I'd enjoy a solo version.

Brings back the good ol' days with Pengbot Maximus.
    • Like x 1
  12. High Troller Loyal Player

they need to go back to 8-player SM and make trolls that wear troll gear important again.. heck, they're not wanted in alerts.. sad
  13. Monkeyboy Committed Player

A single SM can actually be a good testing ground to make content more challenging. Once they have fine tuned it, they could apply that AI individually to make content more challenging.
    • Like x 2
  14. The Anxient Loyal Player

Keep playing the victim.
  15. Exileant Well-Known Player

o_O Who's playing?
  16. Exileant Well-Known Player

:eek: They are still very important. The way it is now you can basically just consentrate on inflicting as much damage from that stance and heal your partners energy automatically, the only way to play that style is mainly wearing battery armor. ;) Those who do not want that in the end have no clue how to truly play. Over specking. That is where you get single Tanks, Healers and Controlers doing the job of 2 for the entire team. It is a risky way to play but it allows for speed runs. :confused: This method has been warped into prideful silliness, and has now been accepted as the norm. (The ONLY way to build a team) Those who build themselves to handle a normal amount of healing/power are now deemed as weak... That mode of thinking is why so many random groups failed Survival. :eek: It is stellar to have an over clocked support, but just because they are over skilled into their role, does not mean they do not need a backup in the event they go down. So they are appreciated, :D by the smart.
    • Like x 1
  17. Exileant Well-Known Player

:D They listen to suggestions, and yes they will do it, if enough people support the idea. :confused: They listen, but it is also a business. No, even if a single idea is a good idea, they will not do it if all they see is that person buying what they are asking for. :eek: That is why they have not given me my Massive Feathery versions of the Bloodbat Wings for Females. (I know those would be a hit, but they do not see it, thanks to some of the people here...) ;) However if you get enough people behind an idea, they float where the money calls to them. :eek: This game has to generate cash to continue to survive and fund the Lamborghini's that are dreamed about. (Personally I prefer a good Hot Rod Corvette, all of the speed, all of the response and mobility, more power, a quarter of the price and next to none of the maintenance fees but who am I to pop a persons Slumber Bubble.):p
  18. Exileant Well-Known Player

:eek: That would be a neat option, TO THE BEAT OF THE MINOTAUR BATTLE!!!! ;) We could call it Tower Ascension.
    • Like x 1
  19. High Troller Loyal Player

i slap on robot sidekick, bootlity trknket w/ 3 boos, backup.. usually #1 in damage in events wearing troll gear. =D
    • Like x 1
  20. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) You know it. Controllers are basically advanced damage. o_O Control always to some degree depended on attacking so the smart ones leaned on that. :p If you HAVE to attack to be able to transfer power to your team, why not do damage as well?