Huge Thanks for Redesigns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Themyscyran, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Themyscyran New Player

I just had to say this... I haven’t played this game for years, and I decided to come back to see what’s changed and it was such a pleasant surprise to see the models that have been redesigned. Seriously - the devs did amazingly this front. The characters in the JLD event look great... as I said I haven’t been around for a while, so I don’t know when these designs were implemented, but I really had to express my appreciation here.

Case in point, my favorite characters have always been Wonder Woman and Circe. I played this game in part because they played such a big role and not much DC media at the time was super WW-centered. The original designs for these characters were some of the worst in the game. I’m a huge WW fan, but I hate her classic costume - I love that DC ditched the star spangled bathing suit for the Greco-Roman armor. She should look like an Amazon warrior.

And while my gripe with the Diana design was just the costume itself, Circe... Circes original model in the game was a source of complaint for many for years. She looked ridiculous. Her concept art and the game’s cinematic featured a bodysuit (albeit skintight) of armor that was completely ditched in favor of a bikini loincloth situation... it was as if someone said to the artist, “she’s not naked enough.” Anyway... all this to say the redesign has totally paid off in my eyes. She looks fantastic.

Seriously, these were much needed updates to these characters! I might be a little late on this, but I really wanted to praise somebody lol. When I saw Circe I was shocked in the best way... inspired me to start playing again and check out all the content I missed. So thanks for doing right by my favorite villain :)

Seriously! This may seem small to most people, but it made me so happy!

My only request would be... can the Legends models be updated? My Circe was naked last I checked, lol.
    • Like x 6
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think (not 100% sure) the devs addressed the Legends question in the livestream that showed off the new models that came with JLD Dark and/or the update that put the new models in place.

Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly what the answer they gave was, so that's about all I feel safe mentioning. LOL
    • Like x 1
  3. Themyscyran New Player

Does anyone have a for sure answer to this?
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I found the livestream replay for GU 94, where they first introduced the revamped mentors and the new Human skins. It seems like it cuts short at the end, so if there were any questions about whether the new models would be used in Legends it might have been after the cutoff.

I didn't hear anything addressed about the new mentor skins and Legends, but I wasn't paying full attention while rewatching it so take that as you will. LOL
    • Like x 1
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

The devs said they will not be updating the legends skins but I am holding out hope that that doesn't mean they won't make the new models available to us. And I have to agree on the Wonder Woman and Circe part. Two of my mains are inspired by them even though they are males they are inspired by them
    • Like x 1
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

many thanks to you with this creative thank thread
    [IMG]
  7. Themyscyran New Player

Since there is more content regarding Legends, I really have to ask again... can we please get the redesigns implemented in Legends? I can’t imagine this would be very difficult to do, someone correct me if I’m wrong...?

I love playing as Diana and Circe in Legends (PVE Lol), but being stuck with those dreadful old models when we have the shiny new ones in other content ... kinda sucks.

Why go to all the trouble of redesigning the characters if you’re not going to use them for some content? (Content which seems to be getting a push, ie the Legends PVE weekend...)

It’d be a nice improvement that anyone who plays these characters (or paid for them...) can appreciate.
  8. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I don't have any links as proof, but I do remember a long time ago it was explained that they can't just drag and drop a reskin onto an existing Legends character. If they do a new skin they said they literally have to build the character from scratch, programming in all the abilities and weapon attacks etc. Legends (and PVP in general) has not received any attention in a long time, and probably won't receive any attention for a long time yet (if ever) so unfortunately the likelihood of them updating the playable Legends skins is very slim.
    • Like x 2
  9. Themyscyran New Player

I see, I didn’t know that.

Isn’t there a Legends PVE weekend coming though? This weekend? I understand the PvP argument, but they’re still very much promoting the PVE. It’s on the events tab.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's probably a bonus marks for running Legends PvE.

Anyway they're not going to update the old Legends skins, people paid money for the old skins. They could ADD the new updated skins but that could take a while. They said we were getting Gorilla Grodd years ago and obviously that never happened so don't hold your breath for new models.
    • Like x 1
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Weird part ab redesigns are that for the most part this game was around for new52 and af the time everyone wanted reworks and the devs said they intend to keep the characters w classical looks, which is why cyborg had his classic look.. terrible og character design imo, but now they seem to have gave up on the retro look...
  12. Controller Devoted Player

Play the Earth 3 duo and I think they redesigned Wonder Woman....the cutscene after you beat the 2nd stage.

Fantabulous job with her.