DCUO on switch... would you give it a try there.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jul 14, 2019.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

I have been thinking in doing that, and start fresh again, without gold sellers, broken economy, etc.
    But I have some questions
    Will the same bugs might be ported there?
    will all the content be released there at once?
    What about time capsules content will they start from round one? Or will they just put the vendor with the past contents?

I manage to have 400 sp so far, but haven’t really played in two years except for a month here and there. Do you think the community there might be less toxic and might be enough populated to build active leagues.
    How will the servers be split up for the Nintendo community. They already said in an interview that they wanted a clean game without veterans screwing things so it won’t be any cross play.
    Who is thinking in give it a go on switch?????
  2. Brit Loyal Player

It's the WoW problem. The game itself is dated, with mediocre graphics, and has more than it's fair share of flaws. The number one reason people stay on board seems to be because they're already invested, because they've spent so much time and/or money that now they feel obligated to continue rather than walk away and call it all wasted.

A fresh start on a different platform accomplishes just that. Give up your high level characters. Give up your gear progression. Give up your rare styles. Give up your League and your friends and your static team. Give up your purchases. Give up your in-game currency. And give up your hundreds of feats and skill points.

In exchange, you get... to start over again and repeat all that stuff. But probably get a much cooler character name without a bunch of X's.

If I, for one, were ready to throw away all my DCUO progression for a switch, it would be for a switch to a different game. As it stands, I don't really see an advantage in giving up everything I've bought and worked for for the past ten years, so that I can start with nothing all over again on a game that's ten years old.

Not a slam on the game. Just a reality. After spending a thousand bucks, I really see no reason to start again at ground zero.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Bugs that can be found on all platforms, probably unless they're fixed beforehand. Bugs that will be unique to Switch, definitely.
    Switch will probably start with whichever TC is in current rotation. They'll have the Booster Gold vendor and a Resurgence event to look forward to.
    They'll probably have 2 servers, US Switch and EU Switch. If the population is too low for one or both sides they will probably merge the 2 into 1 Switch server. That's how XBox was handled. And the devs want crossplay for all platforms; just up to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo to allow it.
  4. Elusian Crowd Control

It's going to end up like XBOX servers.
    • Like x 1
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

They haven't been able to fix bugs and constant gltiches on the 2 main servers...
    USPS and USPC

No way they will dive into making it work on Switch.

Like Elusian said, It will end up like XBOX servers
  6. mexmex Dedicated Player

Agree, but honestly the game in PS4 and PC it is frustrating with all the money glitches and what not the ignore economy is just awful, plus the gold sellers speed hackers act act, so for me it has ruined the whole game, plus most of my league mates are gone too as well as friends. so there is just to little for me to keep playing in a lore I love. but yea the game for me has gotten to vicious to stay as regular. maybe a clean beginning will spark the love once more
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

so do you have any idea how is it working for the xbox players, honest question have not seen anything in the forums, and there were 3 people I recommended the game for xbox but none of them stayed more than a week in it? Wonder how it is doing.
    About the time capsules if they star there, well it is going to be bad bad bad. people will see it unachievable right from the start, no bueno
  8. mexmex Dedicated Player

H
    How? Have no idea.....
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

But the switch is their opportunity to start clean, will it it be such mess as we have it right know, right from the start.
    Hope not, otherwise is going to fail or the are going end up merging servers with will kill the porpoise of me trying to star fresh lol
  10. Mazahs Loyal Player

So was XBOX.
    Clearly that has worked well
  11. Batmatt Active Player

I played regularly from 2012 to 2018 on ps4, and spent lots of $ doing it. But along the way I lost all my friends and my league died. We just bought a switch and I’m honestly looking forward to a fresh start. Will it work out on switch? Maybe not, but I’m done with the often toxic ps4 community.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All I know about XBox is there population is lighter than US PS/PC. They also had an MP glitch or something where Stabilizers were being purchased for 1 cent, so their economy is also likely screwed.

There's not only a vendor for old Time Capsule styles in the game, there are also Resurgence events. Not sure where you're seeing feats for Switch as unachievable...
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

Just because most of players, after playing fair, are still unable to catch the several of time capsule feats without gambling real money on it, not everybody cup of tea. So take myself as example, after 6-7 years of playing I haven't completed the round three of time capsules, haven't got enough quarks to buy the first material introduced in quarks vendor, and I have played in the past a lot. sure for the people willing to spend lots of real cash might be a breeze. Not for me. AND you expect people to get all the quarks needed for the stuff from all past and long gone capsules in that vendor, plus 1-2 resurgence for year to catch up. well good luck.

I have no idea how will it be in switch, but is an opportunity to start fresh for them, and learned from past mistakes (xbox) if it was the case since I don't really knows. If they don't take that opportunity it might blow that system too. just when people realizes that 1 year sub is almost half the price of the console itself. and on top a lot of PTW microtrasactions as seals stabilizers etc etc etc. I honestly hope they get a better start in switch.
  14. mexmex Dedicated Player

In the same boat... I will give it a go.
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You are aware you can buy Quarks with source marks? The feats aren't impossible, they'll take time just like all the other feats.
  16. myandria Item Storage

Hmmm....

I don't have the Switch, yet.

However, I would consider getting the Switch and playing DCUO IF.. and only IF... they offered a discounted Lifetime Membership (for a short period of time), a free starter pack (batman starter pack, anyone) for launch, and a special pack for Nintendo Online subscribers (like PS Plus members can get the exclusive Green Lantern Pack), one free tc to open from each of these: the first Time Capsule up to Shazaam!

I know there are other great games that give good enough reason to get the Switch; however, if DCUO added the aforementioned benefits, I would add it to my list of games as a motivator to get the Switch sooner.

However, I know most, if not any, of my suggestions will come to light; it is what it is.
  17. Jcal Dedicated Player

I really thought about it when I read the news 2 months ago. I came up with a name I would have liked to lock up and everything. Then I watched Torikumu's videos on the Powerset Auras and Mats, read that they were limited run items (smh), and that was that. I'm slowly building my characters back up after not touching DCUO for 2 years.
  18. Wildcat Committed Player

meh..

Ill like to see DCUO for MAC's

(probably never happen)