Mepps. Can you gives us an insight to what the future is?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Jul 15, 2019.

1. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

Mepps, myself and I'm sure others would like to know if we will be getting anymore power sets? As well as an updated Iconic Power tree? The Iconic Power tree does not contain powers that interact with power such as Quantum, Atomic, etc..
    I personally would like to see 3 more power sets. I believe Sound and Vibrations would be an great Controller power, Mists and Vapors would be awesome for Healer, and Last but not least a Giganta type powers for Tank. Could you please give me some feedback if these could be a possibility for the future?
    Also could we make a few changes such as making material to be used in color slots so we can have different material in one piece of gear? As well as taking the cap off Prestige? These are just thoughts and questions from someone who has played since Beta.
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The Chroma material was the answer to the "using different materials in color slots." Chances are at least decent that if we're going to see different materials in individual color channels, that'll be the way they have to do it.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

All of these questions have been answered.
    • Like x 1
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

The last official word on new powers was that there would be no new powers for the foreseeable future.

Everybody would like new powers, but as stated, Water was the last new powerset, and that's the way it will remain until it isn't so. As for your power suggestions...not excited about them, plus you didn't do much to describe them.

It has already been explained by the Dev team that it can't be done. As willflynne has already pointed out, the Chroma material looks to be the answer to that issue...and I have a feeling more of them will come. But your original request is not possible at this time (and it's not for lack of trying...think about how the Chromas might have been born ;)).
    • Like x 2
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You mean "didn't do anything." The OP wrote literally no descriptive words whatsoever, beyond "great" and "awesome."

• Like x 1
  6. Kuno Loyal Player

The future doesn't look bright, maybe you dont wanna know.
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

as others have stated these have ALL been answered, but the answers are most likely not agreeable with your demands it would seem.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I just cannot understand why you guys are ok with 2 years ago them telling us no more powers, then slowly cutting down on the quality of the dlcs & this year us probably only getting 2, yet come into threads about subscriptions not being worth it & tell us we’re wrong...

Hows a SUPER HERO game going to stop giving powers, its not like theres any shortage of ideas

In life Expect more not less, stop settling... its not greed if your throwing them 100+ a year
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Im expecting a huge shift in something but we won't hear about it until it happens. I'm not particularly optimistic as they have given me no reason to be.
  10. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

You believe this because of the dlc gap or bc the rumor ab daybreak splitting?
    I doubt dcuo will fall from the daybreak split bc its coming to switch, and its a wb game so it definitely has a safety net, if anything last resort they might let the mortal combat studio give it a try if its that bad
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This isn't true, or is, at the very least, entirely subjective.

Oddly enough, "ideas" aren't the only relevant ingredient. It's not even remotely close to being the most relevant ingredient. Ideas are a dime a dozen.
    In life, be courteous and don't act entitled.
    • Like x 4
  12. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

No no no my friend, courteous people spend 70 years getting walked over... idk whats wrong w ur standards, if im dishing 120 for a year membership i want more then 1 dlc for 7months of the year... thats where being courteous & blindly buying has gotten you, if u cant see that alr it cannot be explained.

And by ideas i ment inspiration from comic books, we all know only 1/3 of whats said here makes it in game, but theres no shortage of powers in the dc media that could make it in game.

Lastly, id like to point out that the first 15 or so dlcs came with a alert two raids, maybe a solo & a power or new feature, and back then each dlc had new innovative level design, i still when i talk ab this go back to the hank henshaw fight where the trolls had to pull the manhunters to the back of the room bc if they got to hank itd b a one shot... now we just dps through missions & they have very few mechanics, the new mission where 1 person goes and finds the book is cool & new, but sending one person out of the fight to find a book doesn’t make it more fun or interesting for the other 7

Back then when dlcs were innovative there was no way to not have your support roles in every match, heck sometimes you needed 2 tanks or healers most of the time you did need a troll to dump power and one to debuff, debuffs being a mechanic mostly forgotten bc its been ages since we’ve got a boss that healed...

Brit broke the membership math down to a T in another thread maybe you should go check it out, but even after doing so youd still probably get on here and talk like you do just to troll.. or maybe you are just a blind patriot...

In all my threads I provide solid feedback, including this one ( it being that I enjoyed dlcs when they had innovative mechanics, i mention the hank hemshaw fight) theres no give or take in anything i said, theres no reason u should be ok with paying 120 a year for 2 dlcs
    • Like x 1
  13. SkullGang Devoted Player

Im just saying from the distinct silence from their end. DLC gap or not they haven't really been communicating to us about anything they are working on. Next QoL game update ? What about incorporating the hundreds of ideas we have posted ? Next style unlock update ? The list goes on. What are they working on that has them so quiet that even adding more styles to be unlocked hasn't happened ? We are at mid point of the year and we are meant to get two more episodes and we still don't know what they are or when they are being released. Something isn't adding up here which is why I think something big is being announced with the first episode which impacts the whole game.
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

The powers I can see your point. I'm not sure of the limits for the consoles but I would think as 4th generation platforms they could support significantly more than the PS3 and managed up to Atomic. I don't have any data but it just stands to reason.

However for the DLCs I can't agree that the quality has been cut down. The last four DLCs all delivered new zones and in my opinion solid content and rewards. If they can keep a cadence of 3-4 per year then I have no complaints. I am a little nervous that they haven't announced the next one but it is on the board and I suspect details will come out at ComicCon and it will be a relatively short window to deploy after that.
    • Like x 2
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

Gonna have to disagree on the last four episodes delivering new zones. Deluge is a reskinned Central city and Chaos Gotham is another Gotham. Titan Island is new but its small and not that interesting. Atlantis is the only zone that is actually interesting, has some size and not a reskin of existing areas.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

But what im going to keep pointing out in these threads are that players offered to fund some of this stuff with a go fund.. at the time it was for pvp but now just ab every aspect needs some work, why didn’t they accept our donations?

No im not willing to spend $15 a month to buy legendary so they can keep on the same path but id donate $50 or so if they told me the money was going towards a power or pvp
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

Is there a future, we hardly have updates of whats is to come in the next there months, after that point is just darkness