Solo Survival Mode Option: Needed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Exileant, Jul 6, 2019.

1. The Anxient Loyal Player

Why not just work on your cr? SM is meant to be be a challenge for endgame geared players.
    As for the solo sm idea I'd give it 2 days before there were "sm caters to tanks. Make it easier for other roles" threads everywhere.
    • Like x 2
  2. Crn Well-Known Player

Although I agree that at times it is difficult to find a group it is by no means impossible. I often shout as im doing my daily and stuff like that, and just keep an eye out for people shouting for specific roles. Hell, the other day I paid a tank $15 million to help tank a few rounds. But a solo Survival Mode sounds ridiculous, and I feel like there is so many more other things that need to be addressed instead of this. #PersonalOpinion. Thank you!
    • Like x 2
  3. Elusian Crowd Control

This unless they force everyone into the same legends char into a clamped instance and how well received that kind of content was ... yeah... :rolleyes:
  4. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I would be down for a solo survival mode, test your skills
    • Like x 2
  5. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I would love this by. Had to learn a new role of battle troll. The time I got to level 21 my friends left me behind. Kind of embrassed by my crappy showing...thinking of dropping my main amd concentrating on a rage tank amd precision dps. This could get me to redeem my main.
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

The Phantom Zone instance is an example of how a solo SM could work, and some classes have an easier time than others (Haasts struggles to beat Xanadudu as an Ice Tank while Issan literally was able to kick his cloth-wrapped butt around the chamber as a staff healer: once she got started, he barely touched the ground until his defeat)

As for complaining: people complain about everything anyway already
  7. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) I disagree. Most batteries have a survival set-ups that allow them the self heal to a very large extent. o_O There are many ways to use a controller. The way I use them I have zero issues with health, half of the time the enemies are stunned, the other my enemies have no clue where I am and are attacking my pets; :D I will say nothing of multiple shields and reflectors. :eek: If you play them properly it is the one class that almost never gets hit.
  8. Exileant Well-Known Player

:( I know how you feel. o_O I eventually made a character per power, and I would relish being to build all 32 characters on my list.
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Survival mode definitely needs a few tweaks.

Sorry Devs but SM is not worth the time.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...rry-devs-but-sm-is-not-worth-the-time.302778/
  10. Exileant Well-Known Player

:eek: I wish I knew how to change the color, of my text too, sadly you stole the exact color I would have used first. :p Hahaha! ;) I personally had no issues with any character power set while fighting Xanadu. He, just like most enemies has an easy way and a hard way to defeating him. Xanadu depends on powers, so you beat on him physically. :D I have faith that if they did devise a Solo survival mode, would have a different level focused on everyone's strengths and weaknesses.
  11. Zneeak Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  12. Exileant Well-Known Player

:D I just addressed why I do not just work on My C.R. Hahahahaha! Most people who are end game, still do not have enough OVER end game to properly play without at least 1 or two max levels. :eek: The issue it the max levels do not want to help out entry levels. 90% of entry level end game players do not have 13 million to pay a tank to carry them through. o_O Heck most do not even have 10 million for the style they want. :( Besides, as I said before, if you are not finding groups to play survival mode, you more than likely NOT going to find groups to play the raids, much less elite raids; which are crucial to level jumps. This is why I said we were stuck. The only way I was able to even get into the door was because of capsule armor, and that is not sustainable for anyone....

:eek: I do not think you understand just how long it takes for those of us without a dependable group of Feat Hunters and Elite Raiders to advance in level.
  13. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm in a league with 5 active people and have come back after a year break. Now have 2 toons at 271 and 1 at 269. Quit asking the game to cater to you. Gaining cr IS NOT HARDL
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I have 2 main problems with this idea. 1) One shots. Part of the difficulty of SM is the one shot hits. It makes you learn mechanics and tests your group mettle as pickups are needed to survive. A one shot in solo basically ends the fight and you restart, unless you are going in as tank, which you could still get one shot killed, but less likely...so they would have to dumb down the mechanics a lot or basically solo SM would be for tanks only. 2) Assuming the idea would be to get in with minimal CR (253 here) and there are no teammates to 'carry' a minimal person, how would the difficulty be able to progress for 10, 20 or 30 rounds? It's not like you would get stronger as you went from round 1 to round 2, etc... and if they needed to make it soft enough to let a base 253 make it through round 1 or 2 in theory, would you just get multiple rounds of the same fight? Seems boring to me.

I understand the request...you'd like a way to get into SM easier and without judgement. I just don't see how what basically amounts to running the Titans Duo as a solo....then running it 29 more times in a row...would be enjoyable. It would either be too difficult and amount to nothing at round 1, or too easy and and be 30 rounds of boredom.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  15. Exileant Well-Known Player

:eek: REEEEEAD!!!! YOU HAVE A GROUP!!!! :rolleyes: Five active 270 plus people are all you need to advance, ESPECIALLY if you have a great Tank, great Healer and a par Battery in that group. Everything else is just for fluff, speed and an over all lightened load. o_O Quit being elitist. You just want stuff to be unobtainable but to a select few and the game is not going to survive at this rate. I am one of their biggest fans. :eek: Until recently I payed my dues by the year. I believe in a true gamer adapting, to that end I had no problems at ALL when they made the new update changes. o_O I learned to love what they did to Celestial because I had to. :eek: If now, even I am beginning to ask for changes then you know something is wrong. But you do not have to take my word for it. Far more people are for this idea than against it. o_O The 'I's should have it.
  16. Exileant Well-Known Player

:D I am glad you brought that up. This would boil down to your skill at making a setup in order to survive. o_O Many people depend on spamming because they see the pro's do it. They do not realize what else is likely going on as well. :eek: A solo Survival mode will truly teach them to use the critical powers they need to not get 1h.k.'ed in a Raid; where as most people over look these because they are constantly look up load-outs online. ;) Looking up and borrowing load-outs is not the same as learning the power. o_O Yes they well definitely scale the damage down a bit, so you are not going to die via group-shot instantly but you would have things like cover to hide behind, delaying damage, (:D That is something the game does not truly take advantage of yet. Tactical placement of objects to hide behind and enemies that actively also use those objects. That would be great for single player in general. Most enemies, just jump out and try to dog you to death. Veeery few try to time an attack and retreat. Especially when you start hitting them. None try to escape your range. It becomes either you kill them, or they kill you, right then and there... Half the fun is attacking a maaaassive horde for critical damage and then escaping from them with your life.) :) However it would not be much different than a Nightfall on Destiny (where once you get strong enough you play them solo. If you die, you are sent to orbit.), or Grandmaster 3 on Anthem. :eek: Insta-kills would still be a present danger if you do not use your shield and block at the proper times. Not to mention there is always the option of (Thanks to it BEING a simulation,) using the Titan simulator to "Select Your Run." "Tank Challenge", "Battery Challenge", "Healer Challenge" And Damage Challenge". For each sub challenge random rounds of, "Support your holographic Allies!" Batteries, must make sure the team is fully charged, Healers must maintain the life energy, until the allies kill the boss or for a certain time limit, and damage must clear the room before anyone substantial dies. ;) The way that powers are now, they can do a bit of everything on their own. It is up to you to to figure out how to best use them in which situation. :) I have played the Hybrid style for many years and that was one of the key things that kept me interested in the game. The puzzle within the gameplay. o_O Each round can easily shift from one extreme to another. :D This will test the fitting quality you came up with. With it being scaled and clamped, Skill Points would only be a factor up to a full 3 weapons worth. I highly doubt you would get board given the amount of enemies that can appear. As I said, Unblocked 1 shots would still be a factor major factor when it came to bosses. multi or otherwise. ;) The sky is the limit.
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

they have never really favored support roles in solo content. i tried asking back in 2011 and again in 2012 when they kept releasing solo missions. i was a dedicated troll. things took a lot long to kill wearing troll gear. a blind eye was definitely turned.

you are referring to content outside of Survival Mode while somebody is bringing up a Survival Mode as a Solo thing. wearing troller gear inside solo content automatically puts you at the lowest health pool of all gear sets. this SM, nobody wanted a troller wearing troller gear. you may not see the whole perspective of how the traditional troll role got treated in this SM and possibly future SMs.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You are basically calling for a complete re-wrork on a system they just completely re-worked. 'Tank Challenge' 'Battery Challenge' and all that. This is now not SM, or a solo version of SM. While I'm not saying it wouldn't work, or have some merit, we asked for 2 years to get SM back.....they came up with this reworked 4 man model. Because you (and some others) cannot get in, or stay in, you want a complete redesign of the system. It is not likely to happen, soon or ever. The sky is NOT the limit...the limit is development resources and return on investment. According to the Devs, SM was a success with more users in this round than previous rounds. I've also know it drew some users back in who had been fading off the game. Short of minor tweaks (which you are NOT suggesting), I doubt season 2 would be greatly changed.

I'm not sure if you are understanding what i'm saying as there might be a language barrier. I'll speak in your native tongue now.
    :p:eek::cool:;):oops:o_O:):D:confused::cool:;):D:)

I hope that clears things up.
    Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  19. The Anxient Loyal Player

I read. I'm far from elitist. I just don't believe in catering an entire game to one whiny forum poster. Nothing stopping you from raising your cr or finding a league other than your victim complex
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

Well survival made went from 8 ppl to 4, as the population diminishes maybe the next one can be survival duo. But agree survival is not for everyone just for people who spend their money to leveling artifacts, who have top gear by using replays, etc. I didn’t even try this time I just canceled membership till next DLC. It ain’t worth to try to keep up with whales.