Perspective from an old time player...current state of the game, and feels of it.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Jul 11, 2019.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

First, congrats on several mapas you DEVS have depeloped as of late (titans, atlantis) and also for the changes for the improvements in QOL as of late. Still few things to go.

I started playing a along time ago, all the way back to 2013 (or so). I stayed subbed permanently till after Amazon fury 3, and after that I subbed for only 2-4 months a year. What changed?????? Why did I give up??????? I still love the lore (DC brand). Shortly The carrot was to high, and the road to it very boring.

Let me try explain better, Around that time we had the first round of time capsules, well it was not that bad, I managed to get all the items, I put some work on it, broker, bought a few (20dlls) and got the all the items. I was mad of seeing there feats. It was wrong from my perspective, It literally felt as you (devs) were pushing us to buy those feats, worse of it, it was felt not like a purchase like a gamble instead for the feats with real money ( but as I said it wasn't that bad) lots of us got all the items thus all the feats in the first round of time capsules.

Then the infamous phoenix material and the horrible difficult way to get all feats done in the time capsules round number two. Yes spend money or work your *** ten hour for day to grab items to sell in broker if you wanted to finish those feats. and on top of it there was the end game gear, in there too, that helped a lot leveling your character to the top fast (due to scalable gear) so the people willing to spend the most where the kings of the game. not the most dedicated still good clients of the game. lots of them where playing on daily basis, myself included. and spending time and cash in the game.

Also. the vendor gear and all the items in those vendors with the elite stuff and the op collections etc etc etc. made the game excessively grinding, thus boring. this DLC was built to last, due to revamp, or at the time I thought so, But the model was kept in place moving forward making the game repetitive, lots of fasts un-achievable without spending money, and all this burn the possibilities to keep playing, as we did in the past....... the game changed into a slot machine.

For people like me, who found joy and all I done before, was playing the game to get those pesky feats out of the game, that was my motor to keep looging, to keep in touch with my league mates and we had a blast of time in the game. The new model adopted after AF3 was just to much, so in order to keep enjoying the game I had to overcome the fact I was never going to get the time capsules feats. So I did, then the low rate for OP COLLECTIONS more lost feats. and then all the elite feats too. where you have to run elite content to buy the gear in relevancy windows, otherwise was a dead end, made more feats unachievable.

Recently I paid for a month, saw all those feats hanging there unfinished all related to spend money.... general artifacts, seasonal artifacts, elite feats, time capsule feats, seasonal feats that required lots of grinding or spending, quark vendor feats..... etc etc etc. IT WAS JUST TO SAD TO SEE IT. and on top of it waisting most of my playtime waiting for a queue to pop (alerts and raid in end content). because other elite raid besides ZOO or PAN where all death and never pop in the whole month not even once. was so sad to see. And still the relevancy window in place (it is just sad). At what point us, as players allow all this to happened.

I Wonder if these feeling arise only in my league members community or it happens in others too.... based on the super low population I saw the last month I paid (2months ago)... WHATS IS GOING ON??????? Do we hit a closed road? is there a way to change it? or this is it, and nothing more should be expected.
    • Like x 1
  2. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

A 8 year old game thats still finding itself... i loved the every 3-4 months a new dlc that had a power, somewhere along the line that concept changed for whatever reason, and its sad
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

The actual feats that granted points for elite gear didn't start until Earth 3 though, and elite instances are no longer locked and haven't been for a while. There were feats for elite gear before that but they only granted you a title and have been done the same way since elite content was introduced long before amazon fury 3 so I can't say agree with your complaints there. Now TC and OP RNG rates is a whole other story which has been beaten to death here already. They still do the TCs but OP gear was redone this episode as well. The devs have shown at least some sympathy to 2 out of 3 of your major complaints(elite content and OP drops) and have made some fairly significant changes to the way they are done. TCs on the other hand, will be around until the government says otherwise.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Also, artifact, elite, OP, seasonal feats don't cost any money at all. These are all achievable by playing the game naturally. The same can be said for TC feats but they will take a lot more grinding for rare items to sell. This is an mmo, grind is the name of the game.
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'll disagree on the 'no money' while it's true you CAN level up an artifact/augment for free, and you CAN take your chances by not using a seal at level 140 or above it's a losing game. Sure right now everyone has source marks to spare (thank god) but blow a couple of 160 breakthroughs and that will change pretty quick at 210 marks a try....not to mention the penalty of having to open the Russian doll boxes inside boxes to get the proper cats. Luckilly SOPs are 40 cents each or so. Seemingly a fair price assuming you level a 160 every few months (using only drop Exos) and only wiff 10-20 times on the biggies.

TC feats by spending 'no' money? Maybe, but you'd better have a lot of in game cash, or stupid good luck. Each TC has at least 36 different collections + 8 gear pieces minimum+ 8 of the enhanced gear. That's minimum 52 TCs you'd have to open, assuming you got something different every time (right). A member gets 52 stabilizers every 130 days if you run every day. That leaves room for 3 New TCs a year at that rate. Now...can you get a few of the better pieces, sell for multiples of the worse pieces....sure, but the opposite can be true as well. All things being equal, without in game cash OR real life cash I'd say mathematically it's impossible to do the TC feats. At a buck a crack stabilizers are not a great bargain, assuming you'd need 2x or 3x the amount of free ones to really have a chance at getting the feats done.

I spend in game cash to get them knocked out personally. But hey, that money will run out eventually. After that I'll have some decisions to make.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  6. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Yeah someone should count the amount of feats or sp you get from emblems....emblems
  7. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yes We had more variety before
  8. mexmex Dedicated Player

Well good luck to run elite while relevant meaning while there is people running it, without leveling your artifacts or having the top gear, most groups will never get you a chance to stay with out it, and yes you can grind the game for months and testing your luck time and time with breakthroughs. So yes elite doesn’t have lock anymore, but without spending real money there is no way to get in there while is relevant without league members or friends ( sadly in my case most of them are gone)
    The prices in broker skyrocketed due to glitches, so the fair game is out of question, it might take you months of grinding to save enough just to get one full collection to get an item by the time you finished one rare collection from the time capsule there is already in place two more rounds of them, this is unacceptable.
    Amazon fury 3 was meant to last because the revamp so I understood the terrible grind it game with it, but the model was kept, I remember the complaints with vendor prices when the ultimate soldier dlc was released, few content and super high prices that kind of grind was just boring, Glad you are happy with the current model of the game, but I am sure a lot of people is out of the game because of it. I have never seen the game as empty as I saw it two months ago.