Solo Survival Mode Option: Needed.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Exileant, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: I have been trying to get a decent group to play Survival mode for days. :eek: No luck at all, people snub C.R. even after you spend 3 hours waiting for a random group. Nobody high level wants to play with anyone outside of their own league, and that leaves most newer level or those of us behind the times to suffer not being able to play. We need an option that allows us to get marks and clearance on our own. o_O I do not mind the grind, at all. People in this game are toxic and I am beginning to want nothing to do with anyone, and I should not suffer because there are jerks out there who do not want to help. :eek: If I though it were not a gross violation of privacy, I would post some of the replies I get for just for asking for help. Joining Leagues do not solve these issues either. :confused: Most leagues have groups with in them that only play together. :mad: Often when you join, they are only using you for the points. That is why I made my own all those years ago. I would rather have access to SOME League upgrades than to depend on a league that may die over time while I waste points working for them, or have some rage nut get mad and then kick me out for some dramatic reason. Even so, nobody high enough wants to join leagues that are not already established. (So that was not a fix either...) In short, most of us are stuck and want a way out. :eek: I am sure many would back me up on this, but seeing as only a hand full of people even KNOW about the site in game....? Anyway, this is my request. :( I would like to get my Shadow trinkets, but the way this is going I will never see past the 10 free marks you all gave out for free... Much less unlock the levels needed to buy what I want. o_O Between the quitting mid match, snubbing of C.R. and utter vile nature of the people in game; it is no wonder none of my old friends will play anymore. :eek: We need a "Free-play Mode" that allows us to work our way to the top alone. You know to which game I am referring. :( You all would get more money from me if I did not feel so helpless now.

:D As far as the solo version, you can make it twice as long with like 5 times the enemies. o_O Like an endurance match. ;) A boss that takes a total of 5 hours to kill. :eek: Or something like Chaos Legion, pitting you against HUNDREDS of rapid spawning enemies at once, allowing you to go at them gladiator style with little objectives. (Kill this target, Do not kill that target, so on and so forth.) All to the theme music of the Minotaur battle in the alert Underworld Trials. (Hands down my favorite song in the game. Right under that is the Braniac song in the games opening comic movie leading to the ship.) o_O I would play this game happily and pour money into it for that option, thanks to truly loving my characters.
    • Like x 18
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'd buy that for a dollar. :)
    • Like x 3
  3. Exileant Well-Known Player

:D Two likes for the Robocop reference. :p Hahaha! To extend on the idea, I also suggested that in the post below this one to allow us to start up a raid without the queue once we get passed a certain C.R. :eek: As we are now powerful enough to solo most of the raids. o_O This would HELP stop a lot of the standing around doing nothing that is taking place now.
    • Like x 2
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

A solo survival mode, now that could be interesting and much more fun IMO without having to rely on teammates.
    • Like x 3
  5. majosea Dedicated Player

yes , no more sorry bro cr is too low for sm ,fixed it
    Solo Survival Mode is Needed. just not boss that takes a total of 5 hours to kill part.
    • Like x 2
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

Much easier to speedhack or glitch/exploit, too, without someone being able to call you on it...
    • Like x 5
  7. majosea Dedicated Player

some players are going to cheat anyway ,
    don't punish the other players that want to play the game right
    • Like x 1
  8. Pinky Well-Known Player

Great idea, OP.

DCUO can take inspiration from WoW's implementation of the Brawler's Guild.

https://www.wowhead.com/brawlers-guild-guide

TLDR:

The Brawler's Guild is an organization that arranges one-on-one battles between willing combatants, captured monsters, and other participants in pure gladiatorial fashion.

All fights in the Brawler's Guild are solo PvE challenges in which players face many different enemies and must adapt to many different fights to surpass their foes. This makes the Brawler's Guild one of the most challenging activities a player is able to attempt on their own, without the help of a group.
    • Like x 2
  9. Draconiano Committed Player

People is still doing it with members of their own leagues so...changes nothing.
    • Like x 1
  10. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Solo SM so folks here can complain about Tanks or Healers being the cheese roles?
    • Like x 1
  11. majosea Dedicated Player

solo sm is for players having hard time finding group to run sm , 3 hours a que, and toxic players ,ect
    if you read the op thread you would know that but reading hurts.
    • Like x 1
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I think this is fine, it told the truth. I like it*. I agree with everything you said. I've become that guy too.
    Like I've been that guy, it’s not funny. It's not because I dont want to work as a team. It's because the way I want to play and the way my team want to play don't go together.

I wouldn't mind a solo SM mode at all. Seems like all the leagues people who just want to see how good they can get would go to something like not inv you to do SM . And duos 2 players SM mode would be nice for the times.

I can't get a 3rd guy on when LFG, it’s just hard. It's not even that I don't have friends I can play with, I just don't want to talk/socialize most times when I'm playing, I just want to do my own thing and win at my own pace, take the fights I want to take, etc. It's ruining the game for me having to keep getting grouped with two absolute jerks. And yes! Nobody high level wants to play with anyone outside of their own league. I'd rather not deal with those people.

“Make a solo /duo SM mode.

Plz*
    • Like x 2
  13. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) The 5 hour boss may be of your worst of your nightmares.... :p 5,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 health bruiser that would make you wish you had a toilet in your living room. But what if it came with the reward of summoning it as an ORBITAL if you beat it? o_O So think about slightly smaller TECH SUB AVATAR (Gunrunner) being called to battle for 1 random move? The backhand flame thrower, attack. :eek: Or my favorite, the quad gun vibration fire and toggle shot. I bet you would love it then. I would further bet you would stand on your head for that entire single boss fight. ;) The trick would be praying the server stayed connected that long. So fine.... A 2 and 1 half hour fight.... :mad: NO LESS!!! :eek: I want my Gladiator Battle feel!!! To feel right, the fight must be long and involve much in the way of distance knock-backs.
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Solo survival mode would be interesting; the devs could truly make it progressive in difficulty and make it near endless. Queuing up for Survival Mode is the main way many players have to get in, simply because teams are being made between well established players for the most part. Together with the cheese flavor to savor tactics, Survival Mode has pushed away many players who are willing to learn to play it the right way, in my opinion.

Queuing for Survival Mode = random people playing Gauntlet (Arcade Cabinet) together: "Elf shot the food." "Wizard is about to die."
    • Like x 1
  15. Exileant Well-Known Player

:confused: That is just it, most people only cheat because they feel they absolutely have to in this game. o_O Destiny 2 and Anthem are very hard to play without teammates when it comes to raids but you do not see people cheating. That is because you have a choice to get what you are after easier by team play or the harder longer way through grinding. :eek: Planetside 2 even though the game is large and everything you do works towards getting you skill points, the sheer amount of time it will take a person to get to the max levels just on one faction; compounded by your cert gain (Skill Points) being directly linked to how long you can survive and how many targets you kill, leave some of the players feeling as though it is a hopeless situation as they watch as a B.R. (C.R.) 100 A.S.P. (or Max Level Elite) clean their clock for the 500th time. :confused: It takes almost a year of constant play just to get to 100, then to restart it, and get to 100 A.S.P. again? :eek: Again, most only resort to blatant cheating when they feel like they will never be able to get something accomplished. o_O If the P.V.P. armor were combined and clamped during P.V.P. and duels like LEGENDS, nobody would have a reason to cheat. You are all on the same level knowledge of your powers and skill at using them will be the only thing that wins the day. However at the moment you have a vast difference in skill points working against you, THEN you have the armor gap.... :( While I will never condone cheats... I would be lying if I said I did not understand it. Nobody likes to continuously be beat on, after spending so much time and effort on your character, only to realize you will never catch up, unless the person stops playing.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Actually mentioned a Solo SM when they brought SM back, and not just for MEG, butt for anyone lvl 10 and up (with the mobs scaling to your level rather than you scaling to theirs)
    Personally don't have a problem with a Boss with a gabillion hit points, as long as they can be beat: you go toe-to-tentacle with them for up to an hour, and the personal satisfaction of finally beating them, way more betterer than going in, fight for five minutes, and you are done
    • Like x 1
  17. Exileant Well-Known Player

;) Back to Atari days reference: Gets you an ":eek: ULTRAAA COOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
    • Like x 1
  18. Exileant Well-Known Player

19. High Troller Loyal Player

a solo survival mode would leave trolls in the dust ....again. this current SM showed just that. groups do not want trolls that use troll-gear. and wearing full troll gear grants you the lowest health of all gearsets. i rather see the return of 8-player SM but rehashed (use old raid maps perhaps).
  20. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Why? Since it's solo they could easily buff whatever mattering on your role.
    • Like x 4