JLD New Rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Nvm tor alr has a youtube video up
  2. Jcal Dedicated Player

My sub ends on the 27th. You just got me for another month DCUO. Well played. Damn this game... just can't stay away for good, lol.
  3. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

It’s basically a blood material. Think the blood golems summoned by Tala and the Fascist occultists.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think I'll wait for the next batch of rewards before I buy the material.
  5. Kuno Loyal Player

It seems like they going to add more in a few weeks, I get the feeling Switch launch and next episode it's going to take a while.
    That's why they added Survival... but still, feels like too long without new capsule styles or episode.
    I'm officially mad that we didn't get Zatanna's high heel boots.
    In over 7 years we only got 1 heel style with the rave boots. It's not fair. Female models have every still ported over them from male models, why cant be the other way around FOR ONCE!
    Im mad.
    • Like x 3
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Because they have up to this point?

I’ve also stated before that I think it’s a good idea to add something at the end to encourage more play of an old episode; I don’t mind that. My concern is that JLD is getting long in the tooth; and at least in my circles, it’s been an unpopular episode from its start. My league and friends list have diminished activity significantly (for the first time in three years we’re not going to have enough prestige to keep all the proficiencies up this month).

The game needs a new episode. And middle to end of August will make it flirting with a five month stretch between DLC - a second stretch like that in a row.
    • Like x 2
  7. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

What was it about JLD your crew didn’t like? I’m curious :)
  8. EconoKnight XIII Legion

For some it was the subject matter. For some it was gameplay design that got old quickly (open world, duo dead space at start, platform jumping, etc). For others it was difficulty.

It’s been a confluence of factors in my observation that created a kind of perfect storm. My core league held together pretty well for awhile, but even they are dropping out to other games now. They were not interested in SM.
    • Like x 2
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Fair enough. :)
  10. L T Devoted Player

Has anyone checked if having the mark of Cain accessory triggers a feat now?
  11. Michael7269 Level 30

I agree. I saved my currency for this release and I was really hoping for the boots myself. No fishnets either. And they still haven't fixed the ones they borked with the human skins. Hope they are in the next release.
    • Like x 1
  12. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

No it doesn't. At least not on characters who already have it.
    • Like x 1
  13. Elusian Crowd Control

Mepps said the next episode won't be up before Switch launched. I would guess they will keep the reveal for it after the launch to keep the new influx being interested. In addition, we would get 2,5 weeks testing phase after and then the actual launch. And we still have zero date for the whole switch thing + hitting july. I would say that august isnt even such a far stretch of yours.
  14. Canadian Justice Committed Player

I'll reply for myself as one of said crew.

With the exception of a few random duos this past week with a league mate, I haven't run the duo in I don't know how long. And it's likely somewhere in the 3-4 week range as far as not doing the alert goes. I do still do the open world content every day on my core characters. In fact, the quality of the open world content has been just amazing as of late.

With this DLC abandoning OP collections, I lost interest very quickly in soldiering on once I completed my one set of gear on my core characters. The essence that drops in place of OP collections in no way offers the potential financial incentive that OP collections once did. That alone was a huge factor in why I lost interest so quickly this time around.

The content itself doesn't help either. It's almost like the devs forgot that this content is available to be played daily, for month after month after month. And in the case of this DLC, it's looking like an extra after month.

The duo is just flat out garbage. I'm sorry to put it so tactlessly, but it's one of the least enjoyable pieces of content I've played in this game. On average, it's maybe a 9 minute duo, 10 if your on a lower character and paired with a lower character. And a good half of that time is spent either waiting on NPCs to talk, a cutscene or at the mercy of some form of time padding.

The alert, although good at first, doesn't end up much better. Once you finish the turret room, the padding begins. I'm still not sure why the werewolf cutscene exists, especially since it's after a load screen.

I'm not universally opposed to mechanics that throttle speed and extend gameplay. I think raids are the perfect place for that type of thing. Being weekly, it ends up much easier to tolerate and even enjoy at times. The book fetch in FoA and the platforming in SG I have no issue with. However, if either mechanic ended up in a duo or alert, I would have a much different view of them.

To me daily play is about actually playing. I don't want to sit through talking or cutscenes or some form of time padding. Having a large portion of your in game play become nothing more than a waiting game is beyond frustrating.

With that said, I do greatly appreciate how much effort has been going in to telling a cohesive story with each DLC. But there needs to be a way to separate story from daily grind. Watching the same cutscene or listening to the same speeches every single day gets old.

I'm not a big raid replayer, however I feel about the current day to day play of DCUO shapes how engaged I am. Right now, that engagement is at a very low point and I can easily see myself abandoning this DLC altogether well before the next one gets here.

Being lifetime, I'll certainly be around for the next DLC and the next and the next. But if day to day engagement stays this low, I may go full casual and stop caring about progression and true day to day play.
    • Like x 6
  15. El Marcios Level 30

Mark of Cain count for accessory feat?? Or i need only new accessory to complete that feat?
  16. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Mark of Cain doesn't count. You need to buy accessory from the vendor for the feat.
    • Like x 2
  17. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Getting closer and closed to the next set of rewards, maybe mid or late August.. possibly early September... this could be my only chance to get the modern doctor fate helm ( hopefully i can turn it silver) anxiously waiting... might cry if we dont get it
  18. El Marcios Level 30

Thank you, but in my opinion it doesn't make much sense that it doesn't count :D
  19. Kuno Loyal Player

Are the henchmen in the vendor the shadowry ones that were advertised?
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yes.