Survival Mode 2019 Season 1 Lunge

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by geoforcee100, Jun 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

Lunge can be used in Survival Mode in a way that I don't like and I don't think should be intended. What do you think?
    • Like x 1
  2. AV Loyal Player

Can't watch at work. What are you on about?
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can spam square button and take 0 damage for an entire fight.
    • Like x 2
  4. Yaiba Committed Player

What did you guys do on test server? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not getting paid while being expected by others to do a Game Company's work? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  6. AV Loyal Player

lol. You actually can't. Lunge prevents damage from range based attacks and certain specials (still risky) but does nothing against melee attacks/specials, which you're having to deal with a hell of a lot more of when the enemy has perma-blues. Similarly, it does nothing to prevent US's mortar damage (your lunge has to be perfectly timed or preempted on those). Lunge deflection is kinda the foundation of the game's PVP elements, especially in this context where, without it, the tank would either die or have a near-death experience even when countering flawlessly in that the enemy's damage from Solar Flame, Stomp Smash, or even high level bosses' uninterruptable ranged taps hit for massive damage.

Anyone trying to "exploit" that is going to quickly realize it's not much of an exploit at all compared to doing things normally.
    • Like x 2
  7. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I have to disagree..When you watch the video you Clearly see NO Dmg is being taken from ANY Attack using this Exploit
    • Like x 2
  8. kingmasternova Loyal Player

This is my 2 cents in this.
    Saying luning an is a expose but having the role buffs like having no controller in group is not an expose.
    That video should that they exposed the game as well.
  9. AV Loyal Player

If that's the case, then it seems like an outright bug and not an exploit as it's not a behaviour I've ever been able to replicate. Melee attacks/specials have always done full damage to me regardless of my lunge "shield" status. Similarly, Vampire Lord's dark splooge ignores lunge deflection. Minotaur's spinning hammer's damage is absorbed by lunge deflection but its CC effect isn't, making it still important for tanks to avoid. US's fire/arc is absorbed by lunge deflection with the caveat that lunge deflection isn't perfect and that anyone trying to abuse it in a 30min US fight is likely to eventually get instagibbed (especially since they'll be constantly proccing Arc Lightning), making it less ideal than just avoiding his attacks (same deal for any attack that does sustained, lethal damage like Deathstroke's bullet spray). In my experience, lunge deflection is an important tool for tanking but hasn't been abusable. I can't watch the video but it sounds like something may simply be outright broken for some users.
  10. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Its not a Bug..They are Spamming Lunge constantly and not taking ANY Damage Even to Ult Soldiers Beam attack..So..Working as intended?
  11. kingmasternova Loyal Player

I just see people getting mad about other people beat it for the style and titles. People want stuff theat no one else can have.
    So to me I see that people are selffish brats or crybabies or a little bit of both.
    • Like x 3
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Have you even watched the video to see how this works and how easily people are doing it? I saw you mentioned in another comment that you were at work, but I highly suggest that you actually watch what is actually going on. After that, if you still somehow feel like arguing against it being an exploit taken advantage of by players in this SM, well that's your call. :p LOL
    • Like x 1
  13. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Your Comment is Rude and unwanted. I could care less about SM.
    Seems you may just be looking for attention.
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Watch the video.
  15. Saami Loyal Player

Players: - Bug or intented?
    Devs: - Yes.
  16. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i may be in the wrong here and im 100% supportive of any type of fix that players use to gain advantage but the release timing of Survival mode issues are awkward. i love chill but these precision vs might issues and lunge issues etc etc have been in the game way before survival mode and going into depth about them when you were on the brink of beating or have already beaten the content is a interesting choice of timing.

*Ducks
    • Like x 3
  17. ChillCat Loyal Player

If I put on my "Well, Actually" hat...

(and let's be honest, I rarely take it off)

it IS an exploit in that lunge can be used to take advantage of a flaw in the design.

If it was a bug, that would mean the code is broken. It's not broken. It's just that the design did not take into account that lunge would be used in this way.

Imagine if you bought a new car and the designer put your cup holder under the seat. It was designed that way, and the cup holder is not broken. It's just not a very optimal design.
    • Like x 5
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Classic entitled nonsense displaying one of the reasons why this game has declined in population these past few years.
    • Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

Have you even read the part where I said I can't replicate the behaviour? If lunges in the video are, for example, resulting in the tank ignoring damage from melee attacks and non-perfectly timed mortar interrupts then something is broken unless they're doing something more exploitative than simply lunging, as you said it's all they're doing.
  20. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well Said Sir..
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.