PSA: Summer Seasonal launches June 19th

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jade Rebel, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I’ve been wondering since it hit test server, current & upcoming events got updated today :)
    Time to finish decking out my summer base I started last year :D
    Current and Upcoming Events and Content in DC Universe Online
    • Like x 2
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

1 day of testing? Wow. That's hubris :D. I guess they just C&P from last year, without switching voice talent or anything else at all?
    • Like x 1
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Sorta C&P with slightly different beach wear and Atlantis episode coral plant/statues :p
  4. Proxystar #Perception

What do you mean 1 day of testing it's been on test server for a while...
    • Like x 5
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's been on test for 2 weeks... You must not subscribe to Torikumu.
    • Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

7. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

starts tomorrow? cool.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Starts today? Was hoping it wouldn't start until July, getting groups for three more Pod Shogg runs is gonna be a nightmare :(
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Everyone should subscribe to Torikumu.

Summer starts tomorrow without downtime. Such news will go out today beyond a ninja update to the events list.
    • Like x 16
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Off topic but when is the end date for SM.
  11. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Everyone find your bathing suits! BEACH PARTY BINGO coming!

Pale heroes, don't forget your sun-screen. Bring marshmallows for the cook-out fire!

Just for fun I'd love to see an area of the Metropolis bay becoming underwater-swimmable, and have an entrance portal to Atlantis at the bottom of the ocean there.

Heck, make the entire ocean bay underwater-swimmable down at least a couple of dozen feet, just for the fun immersion of it, and because you could do it now.

Not remotely a high priority, I grant. Just something that would add another minor bit of coolness.
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

If they had one right now, they'd have announced it. Therefore it's as yet not decided, therefore you can't get an answer yet.

Unless they had a meeting about it this afternoon.

It's on the schedule as "around a month."
    • Like x 1
  13. myandria Item Storage

I hear ya: it is getting difficult to get people together for Podd/Shogg now because many people are burnt out from it, in my opinion.

However, I think players will return to it once the Summer Event becomes boring and flooded with over priced base items; that will not take long.:D
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Um.....

Hmm...

I don't think I would want to swim in the Metropolis Bay (not sure what it's called). It's a good hint and a half for your butt cheeks if Aquaman and Ocean Master are battling it out in ships, not underwater.;)
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It's always easy on Thursday.

But I haven't seen what I'd regard as *serious* problems getting together groups at most times. If you want to talk about trouble getting groups for group bounties, I'd look at any and all of the group bounties that came before the Teen Titans Episode. Try getting together a group for the fascist village, or Lantern Metropolis, etc.

Although now, of course, upper CRs can face-roll/solo those. But people trying to level aren't likely to get any done with any frequency.

My tip about 54 in Chaos Gotham is that it's extremely silly to put together a group on Thursday, because everyone and their favorite parent has every spot camped. Wait until the weekend and after and you can find almost all of the spawn sites untouched; soloing 54 can be done in under ten minutes at most, then. It's much much faster than even an 8-person group trying to get it done on Thursday, because that's when (almost) EVERYONE is doing it.
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Ahh, good points.

As far as the 54, I do those solo when the zone is quiet; it is easier and faster for me.
    • Like x 2
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

So we did have a meeting, we're pretty sure an end date/plan exists now, but we...are tracking it down. Don't worry, we have Top Men and Women on it.
    • Like x 9
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Can you please let me know who these top men and women are? I think it's important that we review their linkedin profiles, make sure they're appropriately qualified for the job and are indeed the correct top men and women.

Then i suggest we have another meeting, by we i expect a Skype invite to be present at your private developers meeting to discuss whether these individuals are in fact the appropriate individuals, then we can ensure that the plan is tracked down in the most efficient manner possible. ;)
  19. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Sounds good. I kinda don’t want it to end to soon. I’m having a good time in it and I think it was a great attempt at a new version of SM. Don’t let the negative people tell you otherwise. I’m looking forward to giving somebody feedback to improve a few things for the next round of SM.

And sorry for kinda high jacking this thread ;)
    • Like x 2
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Or when new rewards are put into the JLD Vendor. ;)
    • Like x 1