Throwing it out there for my first time in 2019

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I know its like a annual thing for me to get on here and type up a long thread ab why the watchmen should b brought into the game in some way... if u wanna read them, check out my profile there are several of them through my years...

But for the first time this year imma say it “ the watchmen need to be brought to dcuo” I believe that one day when they eventually are people will remember me & thank me for mu constant bombardment on their behalf

Just putting out there that dc comics just did doomsday clock recently & theres a new HBO mini series coming soon.
  2. Elusian Crowd Control

Cnosidering the T-Rating of the game, the final product of the Watchmen in game would be not what the Watchmen should be. Therefore, I pass on having them in game.
    • Like x 2
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I want Charlton comic version too...make it a multi earth plot...traveling sideways through time is a classic plot device...ultimately I want to go to an earth where you meet your doppelganger...your evil twin or avenging other...it would be a opponent who matched your skills because it would always use and copy YOUR loadout...down to the supercharges...down to the sidekick or strike...
  4. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

so we have Starro instead.
    I mean whose idea was that??
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I wouldn't count on that. Not to be harsh, but for one thing, whether or not Watchmen is brought into DCUO is going to have zero to do with your lobbying.
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Julie Schwartz, Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky.

[IMG]

It was the very first Justice League story. How can you not pay homage to it in a DC game?
    • Like x 7
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Dr. Manhattan is alive and well in DCUO...when I get on my alt. :D
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

They aren't part of the DCU. I would imagine that's why, unless DC actively choose to assimilate them like they did the Vertigo titles.

Different continuity, no link to the current DCU. Totally 18-Rated (R-Rated in the US Universe). I can't see it flying, without a New 52-type reboot of the characters, And who wants that :(? Constantine is already degraded enough.
  9. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Theyve had 2 recent “ reboots” sorta there was the before watchmen a few years ago & now theres doomsday where we find out that it was actually dr manhattan that made the dc universe when he said he was going away to create new life
  10. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

I don't think it needed to be in the game. It isn't a good story.
  11. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

I often wonder how many players have actually read a comic....not picking on any one just a question...and cartoon network and saturday morning and animated television doesnt count...i mean really...how many people here have read or still read comics..?? but yeah the evil earth conquering starfish from the stars... love me some starro...one classic starro cover deserves another...
    [IMG]
  12. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Even if you just started reading after rebirth
    it's not a cover but still
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

i love this this made my day!!! as much as any billion dollar movie ever could...great art great paneling
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

On the contrary, we look at what storylines/characters people are asking for quite a bit as we plan.
    • Like x 4
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i actually remember buying that comic. awesome time for the justice league. morrisons "star conquerer" story during his JLA run was outstanding as well.

i was so immersed in this game that when the watchmen game was released i payed no attention to it. didn't quite grab me though.
    some kind of watchmen game that captures that (despite dr.manhattan) real world feel. that could be fun. the doomsday clock shows the characters can work in the dcu but at the potential cost of their integrity and what alan moore tried to accomplish with them in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

best part...the "Old Chum" level dialogue
  17. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

Sounds like a good starting point for an Amazo open world boss battle.
    [IMG]
    Even better if he was able to block the use of the power tree you use and "take" your powers.
    • Like x 2
  18. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I sit corrected.

In that case:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

'Nuff said?

(Before anyone gets on my case for that usage, it's entirely official that DC and Marvel live in the same multi-multiverse; there have been almost innumerable jointly-published crossovers by now; my favorite is JLA/AVENGERS. Amalgam, on the other hand: meh.)

You've gotten my hopes up with Mordru in this latest Episode. Onwards to the Legion! Multi-episode arc!

(Re-using the Smallville environment, which has never been re-used, is a no-brainer. Making the story about both the JSA in the past and the Legion in the future is another area full of infinite potential.)
    • Like x 4
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

We all get to have opinions.

Besides, you'll feel differently once you're wearing a starfish on your face.
    • Like x 1
  20. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

I think we will probably get legion content soon. Bendis the Superman writer said that he is preparing the superman comics to repeat history by having the legion of super heroes make contact with the super family and that they are going to change the Kent's lives forever especially superboy Jon Kent
    • Like x 2