Explain SM please

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by plumcrazy, Jun 16, 2019.

1. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

So this whole SM is a bit puzzling to me, as a returning player coming back from about 2 1/2 3 years I have much more important things to do with my time plus it seems a bit pointless to me. If someone could enlighten me with links or pics explaining what kind of rewards you get for this maybe I would see things differently idk. I seen that there were no feats attached but yet I hear people say SM round 9 loot run or whatever so like do you get gear? I see the buzz this mode gets on the forum people bickering and whatever personally can't wait until it goes away
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Each round will reward Data chips, it’s a new currency system to buy rewards, left vendor holds majority of previous sm base items along with new styles and a few new base items. The right vendor is sm season 1 specific rewards that has various base items/companion trinkets, side kick/combat pets and those will disappear after the seasons over. Also beating a round has a chance to drop a older sm base item

But loot run, basically means running it for the data chips
    • Like x 1
  3. Batrederik Dedicated Player

And One must be a good player
    Or think like one.
    But it has, (SCOFFS) other uses.

Players Must survive as long as possible until, knocked out and cannot be revived. The longer the group survives, the greater the reward.
    And beating a round has a chance to drop a shadow strike uplink device or an Heart vision uplink device.
    • Like x 1
  4. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Probably that specific round because defeating the Round 10 boss (Ultraman) has a small, rare chance of dropping the Heat Vision Orbital Strike. At least on US side, that’s the most valuable one selling on broker for between 300 and 500 million.

The Round 5 boss (Vampire Lord) also has a small, rare chance of dropping the Shadow Strike Orbital which hovers around 250 million on US broker.

But SM gives no progression. It’s purely about cosmetics, titles, base items and bragging rights.
  5. Nu31 Well-Known Player

• Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The point of Survival Mode is to give top CR players who have finished getting their Elite gear and are bored with running the same raids over and over again something to do.

It is NOT for anyone else. So, yeah, as a returning player, you have more important things to do unless you lust after any of the trinkets or cosmetics that SM gives as rewards.

But the fact that something isn't made for your own needs does not make it "pointless." It turns out that people's situations vary.

Unless you were looking for an explanation of sadism and masochism? Start with SM mode and then play a BD raid....
    • Like x 2
  7. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

I said pointless to me because I have played other horde type modes where you just survive as long as possible, different mmos call them different names final fantasy wow ect just never cared for them. Thanks for the info people perhaps I will give it a whirl I do like making in game money by selling stuff to people who like this stuff
  8. HL4LYFE Well-Known Player

SM is stupid imo, I do not run it, I ran the orignal 1 a few times got a few exo shirts but its stupid, this game is about advancing your character, SM does not advance anything, no feats no gear no nothing, you can buy base items, do not care im not playing the sims, you can buy cosmetics, do not care for these particular styles, you can get new pets which seem kinda cool till u realize they sit in 1 spot... and you can get a dog companion thing thats always out but it takes a trinket slot, it does not do anything, it should be an accessory not a trinket slot

Overall, i don't like nor care for SM
  9. Saami Loyal Player

10. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  11. Saami Loyal Player

• Like x 1