Bring the Sony Outage Styles to Current Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Marrow, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

"Giving me free stuff I'm not entitled to is a lot more sensible than not giving me free stuff just because I want it."

What an odd coincidence that "more sensible" translates to "I am owed free stuff I didn't qualify for because I WANT!"

People don't get to have an "equal chance" at everything. Duh.

Give us each an "equal chance" at your bank account. What could be unfair about that? Don't we all deserve to have an equal chance at your money?

Sorry, no, you don't get an "equal chance" at things you're not entitled to just because you want those things. How old are you?
    • Like x 4
  2. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I don't have those items, and I don't feel entitled to them, as I didn't join the game until a bit later. I don't feel that I should have an equal chance at them either, because they are items that were only available under specific circumstances (just like the pre-order goodies, the first anniversary cape, and the original plasmic aura). Everybody should not get an equal chance to get those exclusive items now. Weren't here to get them when they were available? That's life. Suck it up and live with it.

I do have a first anniversary cape, because I was here for that. Also bought a booster bundle and got a plasmic aura, first try. That's just the way these things work. Just because I was around to get those things then does not mean that you have any right to them now.
    • Like x 5
  3. Irvynnge Loyal Player

nah, man. come on. behave yourself.
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Whose mans is this?
    • Like x 1
  5. Tess M3rcer Active Player

Absolutely not. It’s not about being elite or anything like that. It was given to the players that spent the $60 plus the sub fee before it was free to play. That was our gift for being loyal after the hack. So as I said before absolutely no way it should happen.
    • Like x 3
  6. Brit Loyal Player

And don't forget, following the hack we could not access our Sony accounts. So we were actually getting billed from an automatically renewing subscription, when it was impossible to log in and play the game, and it was also impossible to log in and cancel your sub.

Basically a month later, we finally were able to log back in, and we were rewarded 3 styles plus 30 days of free game time to make up for the fact that we were billed for a game that it was impossible to log in for. And considering how many of those people did not actually come back from the hack, players who either got bored during the month the game was locked out, or became angry when they were billed for a game that they couldn't play or cancel, there were plenty of people who just lost their $15 and then walked away for good. The people who came back from the hack, who decided to forgive a company that compromised their credit card information online for hackers to exploit and steal, and decided to return to a game that had billed them while also blocking them from playing, that was a real display of trust.

Trust that was rewarded with 3 very mediocre styles that do not in any way measure up to the quality of the work they put out today. Three styles that they said would be an exclusive reward for those players as a way to earn back that trust.

Trust that would be lost again if it turned out that they casually decided to go back on their word.

As always, the answer is the same. It's about integrity as a business. If Daybreak goes back on their promises, they give up the value of those promises. When "exclusive" stops meaning exclusive, how many booster bundle sales will be LOST by players who think "Meh. Eventually they'll bring them back, or put them in the store, or put them up for quarks, or whatever." If a company doesn't stick true to their word, the customers notice and they adjust their purchases accordingly.

Asking for this stuff to be re-released is and will always be the wrong question. Heck, the styles aren't even any good compared to today's standard. The Batman Cowl in the Marketplace beats the heck out of the Hack one. The Evil Eye style is a far superior Two-Face than the Blighted Eye ever was. And nobody complained that new styles were released that were similar to these exclusives. If they made a variation on the Hoodie, they would literally have all three styles remade, but up to the higher standards of today's art team. You get the pieces you want for your outfit designs. Older players keep the exclusivity of the crumby ones that were promised as exclusive. Literally everybody wins.

Leave well enough alone.
    • Like x 6
  7. Magician Dedicated Player

I wonder if this upsets the OP as it's "exclusive" and I am the only one in game that has the Vegas Baby Sequin Jacket

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  8. High Troller Loyal Player

to quote myself that you may have missed:

but the following information should have been supplied in your original post:

but account hacks are normally done through social means. you were fooled into giving away your password and/or was easily guessed (like: 12345, the combination to my luggage).

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Marrow Active Player

2011-2012 was sort of a rough period, but to put it short: no, it wasn't that.

Not even remotely the same thing, but okay.
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

My apologies for the assumption.

It does bring up a question, though: did you have the Hack gifts on that account that was stolen?
  11. Marrow Active Player

Yes, I did. But again, 7 years ago. More importantly I didn't want to bring up the old account because that would imply I was speaking up just to get it for myself.
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Actually it kind of makes things worse. If you went through the hack like others here then you know what it was like to go through the hack, why those gifts were handed out and the spirit in which SOE offered them.

And yet you were still selfish enough to try and suggest Daybreak handing them out just because time has passed, in the process undercutting any of the goodwill the company gained in giving those gifts.

All so you could get those styles again.
    • Like x 3
  13. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

What happened when you contacted SOE for their assistance in account recovery?
    • Like x 1
  14. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Since some of you in this thread clearly either didn't read my post, or are having trouble understanding what I'm proposing, here's some visual aids.

This is the ORIGINAL Dark Specter Batsuit, one of the earliest Iconic Style Sets in the game, and available from various vendors in the Watchtower:

[IMG]

Just like the Back From the Hack styles this thread is asking for, it has very old, outdated textures on it that look crappy when compared to modern style sets released in the last 2 years, including... the 2018 Dark Specter Batsuit:

[IMG]

This Marketplace Style, released last year, has significantly updated and modernized textures, that make it fit in better with the game's more modern, updated textures. Those that have both, equip one on your character, zoom the camera in as closely as you can, take a good, long look, then switch to the other. The difference those textures make is immediately visible unless you're legally blind.

So, again, DO NOT reissue the 2011/2012 Back From the Hack styles as they were. INSTEAD, make an updated, retextured 2019/2020/2021 version of them that EVERYONE can have, and that looks better when paired up with modern styles released in the last 2 years. They'll be the same basic styles, yet DIFFERENT due to the new textures used on them! There'll be no "going back on their word" about the exclusivity of those items, because those original, 7 or 8-year old versions will STILL be something that ONLY those accounts that came Back From the Hack will have! It'll be a win-win for everyone! ;)

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it! :p
  15. Saami Loyal Player

Absolutely no. Exlusive items should stay exlusive. No matter if, op was last person playing this game. He/she should never get them for new charactes and/or accounts.
    • Like x 2
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

[quote="Jack T. Chance, post: 4241619, member: 319576"quote]SNIP[/quote]
    Okay, one: your 'Visual Aid' would have worked better if they looked the same, and two: Dark Specter Batsuit was never an Exclusive (you can still get it from Prom Boxes)
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What he wrote:
    I'm missing the part where there's a claim that the DS Batsuit was an exclusive.

This is a concept called "an example."

Accurately:
    Internet forums are not the best place to find reading comprehension, alas.

Also, although the textures are different, the two examples DO look pretty much to be the same design.
    • Like x 1
  18. High Troller Loyal Player

if you don't mind, please do share the juicy details. I do know back then, many PSN players did not set up account security.
  19. Swiftduck Loyal Player

Hahahahahahahahahahhahahaha *takes deep breath* ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

NO!
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's because they are the same design. The only difference is they updated the texture and released it as a new suit. I wouldn't have any issues if they released retextured/upgraded variations of past SOE items. Old players can keep their OG rewards and gain new versions of that style, newer entitled players have less to whine about. Win/win.
    Edit: Quoted the wrong person. :/
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.