PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

DO you have you updates on auto? If so then this could be it.

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-recent-wi...rting-game-performance-and-messing-with-mice/
    If you've recently noticed that games are not performing as well as they once were, and neither is your mouse, it might not be just in your head. Microsoft confirmed there is an issue with a Windows update that is causing some wonky behavior.
    Following the roll out of the February cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4482887), some users complained of newfound performance issues, both in games and the way their mice were behaving.

Microsoft's working on it. As a short-term fix, Microsoft says you can uninstall the update.
    • Like x 1
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

My game crashed when I was in my base.... 2 times.....
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

February? I would imagine they probably have fixed that by now, so that's most likely not the issue.
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

March, April & May....xD and Win 10 is a turd. They have issues with every update that they do. June Update is coming soon. We just have to figure out what the are going to screw up this time.

https://www.maketecheasier.com/latest-windows-10-update-problems/
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Crashed the moment I got into FoA. Just gotta love these Quality-fixes.
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Ok, I finally crashed again. It took me playing for something like 3 hours straight and switching lots of toons. It was a complete surprise to me, since I hadn't crashed since the patch.

I noted that in the crash reporting window.

Anyway, thought I ought to update, since it has now happened to me again. I'm not terribly upset at the moment... it would have to happen a lot more often (again) before I get upset (again).
  7. dresserball Dedicated Player

Still crashing as are league mates.
  8. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Well, I ended up playing a couple more hours yesterday and crashing twice more. So. Yeah. It was disturbing. Three times in one day after a week of no crashes.
  9. Draconiano Committed Player

I was doing SM R13, beaten Savage and we were on the first round of adds, opened my inventory switched a few trinkets and got a crash. :mad:
  10. SkullGang Devoted Player

Just crashed on PS4. Had to pull the plug since it locked my PS4 up.
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

I keep getting crashes. Guess I am back to logging out every so often to keep it from happening.
  12. benjtheman7 New Player

Still lags/stutters and then crashes after a few minutes of it for me.

I7 6800k
    EVGA Micro 2
    32gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident
    GTX 1080 Ti Seahawk X
    256GB 960 Evo nvme
    Windows 10

Also still does on my old pc:
    i7 4790k
    32gb DDR3 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance Pro
    GTX 980 Ti EVGA Hybrid
    512GB 850 Pro SSD
    Windows 10

Game is very badly optimized. Still runs under 32bit I think.
    • Like x 1
  13. Zneeak Devoted Player

Still crashing, pretty much the first thing I end up doing on every toon. Choose your instance wisely upon logging in, because your first que or open world-fight might just lead to an insta-DC. Shame on me for logging in for a planned SM run only to dc mid-fight.
  14. Pinky Well-Known Player

If you're planning a SM run, perhaps try to avoid zoning in to the Watchtower or the Hall of Doom when first logging in, because it can get crowded there and this will result in more memory usage as styles/textures of the players around your proximity are loaded into the system's memory. This is to reduce the chances of encountering any memory related bugs which have not been fixed yet by the devs.
    I would suggest that an ideal location to log in would be an empty base with 0 base decorations placed (reducing memory load).
  15. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'm always in my bases, pretty much. Not that it really matters at all, as when I QUE IN or ZONE IN to the actual area I am going to go do something in and fight, the first thing that seem to happen once the fighting begins is a DC.

The devs need to fix this crap, period.
  16. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Anyone pc seeing a lag just opening inventory (takes awhile to load my alts) or on-duty (was like u must be this lvl to q, but then it would load)

Overall saw a lag spike in SS last night when I healed, especially last boss, I think the 2 league mates saw it first since they were standing for a good 30secs, then I lagged and got over ran by adds
  17. Freeman Active Player

T

Just an update....

This past weekend was smooth. No problems at all. And then today it started again. Stuttering. It was worse the more players there were in an instance and it also seemed to happen frequently when loading into a new location (lair, instance etc.).

Anyway, decided I was going to do 2 things. Update C++ and uninstall / reinstall the game. Opened appwiz and started removing C++ and then opened Windows Update. There was a new version of Windows 10 in there. So I took a leap and updated.

Loaded up DCUO, played for about an hour and a half. So far... no stuttering.

I don't know if it's fixed. Like I said, I played all weekend without any problems only to have it start up again today.

But I thought I would give an update just in case. Fingers crossed. ;)
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The launcher started trying to launch two games again.
  19. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

I didn't have that issue but I did crash 3 times in 3 hours today.
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Just in case.
    If you have a crash on launch that says authentication error the game was launched twice.
    • Like x 1