Why do you make the styles so rare?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by OG ELITE, Jun 10, 2019.

1. OG ELITE Committed Player

Seriously I know it’s a choice but I just dropped a little over 200 bucks on this booster bundle and still never got the material. Man this is just greedy, I can buy 3 brand new games and a dlc or 2 for that. I’m not exaggerating either devs check OG Elite I dump a lot of money on this game and stuff like this just ruins the experience. I don’t care about a single one of those auras, scanners, replays, or whatever trash you throw in these things to justify the rip off they are, and you know that. At this point even if I got it id be pissed. My new policy for your bundles are spend that money on actual lottery tickets. Rant over.
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You answered your own question when you said, "Seriously I know it’s a choice but I just dropped a little over 200 bucks on this booster bundle and still never got the material.". While there are people like you who will drop absurd amounts of money in an attempt to get something that you are not guaranteed to get, this game and many others, will continue to do exactly what they are doing right now. That is, praying on the spending habits of individuals like you.

Until a majority of gamers stop falling for the gamble box route, it will not go away.
    • Like x 4
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You are completely entitled to feel as you do...can't blame you...but you weren't "ripped off" because the items contained in the bundle are of the value you paid for, the reward box is extra (as are its rare contents).

Having said that, i'll leave you with a quote from Mister J "You pays your money, and you takes your chances".*

*PS: I spent the same, and got zilch :( ....had to get my Chromas the hard way...earn that cash and wait till boxes dropped to a price I could deal with on the broker, and work some deals with leaguemates.
    • Like x 1
  4. OG ELITE Committed Player

The rip off is the fact the devs know you don’t want any of the other crap. Defend it if you want but these kind of actions chase people like me away.
    • Like x 1
  5. Shark Dental Devoted Player

This is a legitimate feeling, but the fact of the matter is many people refuse to spend significant amounts on direct purchase items. So... money speaks louder than words.

If that ever changes, so will the system.

Also, let's not forget about the role of self control.
    • Like x 1
  6. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except that's not completely true. For starters I needed replays, and the boxes came at the perfect time. And i'm not really defending it so much as saying that you got your money's worth, but decided to gamble for that ultra-rare anyway. Unless the Devs were at your house with a gun to your head, you are to blame for your own decisions (as are all of us).
    • Like x 2
  7. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Also... what's the deal with this $200 story?

You're like the 4th account to talk about that specific monetary amount, and always the same, "I didn't get what I wanted!!!" Are you all the same person spamming this, or does everyone buy exactly $200 worth of stuff?

Edit: Minor spelling corrections.
    • Like x 2
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Umm...I spent that same amount...:oops:, I just never felt compelled to specify that. But the reason for that amount is simple...$200 means 20+ chances at something that hasn't dropped for some of us (meanwhile leaguemates have gotten it on their third or fourth box :rolleyes:).
    • Like x 1
  9. AlyceNefarios Well-Known Player

But you knew that you had very little chance of getting the material before you spent $200. You know, like most people, that the actual drop rate for the material is about 0.001%.
    If you buy a 1000 BBs, on average you would get one material drop.
    You only bought about 20, so you would have been very lucky to get it in those.

The problem is a sense of entitlement; it's what keeps gamblers playing. They believe they will hit the 1-outer, or make the 1% chance, because somehow the universe supports them, and for them the odds are irrelevant. Everybody else has 0.001% RNG, not them.
    You spent $200 on a 1 in 1000 chance, at almost $10 a throw.

The only way to 'beat' such huge odds is by playing the long game. That means you should buy something like 10,000 BBs, or even better, 100,000. If you buy 100,000 BBs you should get at least 100 material drops in that., and possibly a lot more, maybe twice as many. Trouble is the ROI is never gonna work out. 100 Chroma material drops requires an investment of around $1m.
    Kinda not worth worth it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

The aura box in and of itself is exactly the same as a time capsule and the RNG within it is disgusting.

You can't actually feel "ripped off" when buying the booster bundle because you're actually buying the $10 worth of marketplace goods, not the box, the box is just a bonus.

With that being said however, the box itself is predatory and absolutely disgusting, especially given the marketing that goes along with it.

There should be a guarantee that at some point you're going to get a chromatic material box because allowing people to spend hundreds of dollars is pretty predatory, not in the sense that it's ripping the consumer off because they're still getting the goods but because if we're honest although it starts with "buying the marketplace goods" it does at a certain point begin to change where you're no longer buying the marketplace goods and getting a bonus you're instead spending $10 simply on that gambling box.

The marketing of the new material where they're chucking it on twitter, chucking it on facebook, raving about this cool great new material in game, come and check it out I find to be the somewhat most questionable and disappointing aspect, they're pushing this "OMG check out this new material, get yours in game now!" narrative knowing full well the drop rate is probably something truly awful and that most players that make the purchase are probably going to get some orange telsa aura.

The drop rates probably do need to be altered so that after a certain point a player is going to get something, perhaps after a certain point an option box could come up where a player could choose, or perhaps that could just be the way it always is, when you open the box you get to choose from three choices not just be given one thing.

I agree with the OP that this could be handled in a way that is better or healthier for the end consumer, albeit I still think booster bundles are not the same sort of rip off time capsules are, but they're by no means a perfect system devoid of any room for improvement.
    • Like x 6
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I'll admit that the replays are really the only thing that has much real value but 150 replays is not worth $5.00. You cannot reset two raids with 150 replays.

Considering that these are suppose to be Booster Bundles and these supposed aura / mats or whatever are not suppose to be worth anything ;););) there should be more value in the bundles. If the bundles are being sold for $10.00. There should be more than $10.00 worth of stuff in them.

IMO,
    I would think that the booster bundles would be better received if they were lowered to $5.00 or..................
    they need to put $10.00 worth of replays in the bundles because the other stuff is basically useless fluff.

I'm also from the sell more for less mindset.
    The reason being. The big spenders are going to spend anyway.
    The goal is to get more people buying.
  12. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Lol. No, wasn't talking about you (or the other person in this thread that mentioned they buy $215 worth of stuff every month).

I meant the OP and the posters of the other 2 threads. They all mention the same complaint in the same way with the same figure. Maybe it's just coincidence. Maybe $200 is the new magical number. ;)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...-booster-bundle-is-bugged-or-a-ripoff.302555/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/my-terrible-luck.302406/#post-4238322
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Why are people more likely to spend "$200" for a chance at something they KNOW they are not getting versus spending $20 on something they could get directly...
    • Like x 1
  14. SkullGang Devoted Player

Because spending $200 for a chance is the only way Daybreak have provided when it comes to the better looking auras and materials. Its not fair them to say "we put materials in the marketplace and not that many people bought them". Of course they will get less sales because they don't look as good as the ones the put in the Booster Bundles. It's a scummy way to cling onto Booster Bundles as a way to distribute the auras and materials.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The question was rhetorical.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  17. OG ELITE Committed Player

I love how people are here giving me money advice. I’ll be clear I don’t care so much about the money itself. I spent it knowingly hoping to get what I’m looking for. I’m never gonna be 200 shy of my dream home so chill out there’s no problem. My complaint is at the dev team for making this possible. You advertise this material like it’s amazing knowing it’s something similar to materials on individual palettes like players have wanted forever, then proceed to hide it behind a straight up money dump. I’m sorry but if you’re buying 200 dollars worth of booster bundles for replays and vault tickets god bless you but in reality people do that expecting to get 1 thing. Some of you call that entitled, I call it unethical.
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Ok ...
    This statement is false even if you want to claim it as an opinion, it's still false. We have episode vendors and a second chance vendor with "better looking auras and materials".

You are absolutely right ... because they never said that...

If they didn't sell, they wouldn't still be making them. If you had better luck, you wouldn't be here telling us your sad story. Maybe save up $300 mil in-game and buy it off the broker from the REAL greedy people.
    • Like x 1
  19. OG ELITE Committed Player

Kroger sells 100 dollar psn cards, I buy them there for fuel points
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Don't throw away $200 on imaginary products and proceed to tell us what is unethical.
    • Like x 1