The new UMS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, May 29, 2019.

1. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Definitely doesn't seem to be working this morning. :)
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Here's an idea make it so subscribers have an option to turn it off.

Free to Play - No options to turn anything off, full on advertising and pop up reminders, they're free to play.

Premium - No option to turn off, they should be encouraged to spend and to buy new DLC's and microtransactions.

Members - Option to turn off all buy critical messaging.

Critical messaging is one message for each DLC just to alert players to new content, one message to alert to new market place additions and sales. I don't think members who are already subscribing need typical messaging that the UMS advertising provides.
    • Like x 4
  3. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Yeah i mean after playing for all these years i dont need ads telling me to buy replays constantly. I know this already. It can't be this intrusive. I still like the system. It just needs to be adjusted obviously.
    • Like x 2
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps they've already disabled it for now, I've been playing an hour now and haven't seen a single pop up.
  5. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

That's what I think too. Haven't seen any of the new messaging, or the older Welcome screen.
  6. Rainnifer Committed Player

*cough* They should keep it disabled. I'm just kidding..

but one can hope
    • Like x 1
  7. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

I haven’t seen it yet and I logged in 10 PM EST yesterday and it never popped up once? How long do you think they disabled it?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No one in my league saw it either. Maybe it's a server/platform issue?
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's the only thing I saw last night was the old welcome screen.
  10. RealTegan Dedicated Player

When I played earlier in the day, the old welcome screen popped up with the new giant banner ads on top of it. I didn't get a chance to play later last night, so maybe they turned it off. I can dream.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've been on all morning, still haven't seen it but people are still complaining about it being on. *shrugs*
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The UMS system has been disabled temporarily.
    • Like x 5
  13. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I got pop ups right in the middle of SM Round 16 or so while Tanking. I was like "Ahhhhh...go away go away!" Mepps be trying to sabotage me =P. Seriously though, the Welcome Pop-Up isn't bad but when I'm in the middle of content and I get a message to "Buy some replays!" It is a little off putting to say the least. lol.
    • Like x 3
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lol
  15. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

:oops: Parzival didnt defeat all of I0I ..they still sold our screen space lol

(movie) ready player one if you old heads havent seen it
    • Like x 1
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I know it is a old saying, but, the book was so much better than the movie. I was so disappointed with the movie :( .
  17. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Is there an ETA when it will be enabled again?
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Likely tomorrow, but it may be early next week.
  19. Eve YouTuber

oh, this explains why I had nothing poping up when I ran the tutorial today.
  20. Geri_mester New Player

I got pop ups 10 minutes ago, during consuming Nth metals for my atrifacts, blocking the screen completely. I am sorry, but this new system is very bothersome.