The new UMS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, May 29, 2019.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Stabalizer event: I also had two pops in rapid succession, telling me about replay badges (to reuse for Stablizer Event? That's a pretty screwy suggestion; I suggest removing it from Stabilizer) and I think the seasonal. I also had another shortly thereafter.

I didn't find them particularly annoying, but I agree that we shouldn't see more than a couple per week that are pushing buying stuff.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

I keep seeing the Time Capsule/Spring Event one while doing the open world Spring Event. I also notice that sometimes my screen would freeze, as if a pop up is about to appear but does not. Im on the US/PS server
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It popped up a few times in the duo I almost bought some replay badges trying to get out of the menu . We need to have a way to cut this off .
    • Like x 2
  4. Ekart Committed Player

So gold spammers are (still) spamming our chat and you're spamming our screen. Good job, really good job.
    Make an option to turn this crap off.
    • Like x 3
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I agree Okay I don't mind the two pop ups when I first log on about the Justice League Dark and Spring Event. Hey I just logged on I am not doing anything YET.... Now that doesn't mean I am ready to race to Chaos Gotham or to the Watch Tower to chat with Swamp Thing but maybe some other people are.

BUT so far I have had two alts in game. I have had a pop up appear right after I defeated The Phantom King and was waiting for the reward box to appear. Both of them are CR 268 and with each I have had pop ups while I was doing the JLD Duo. Now the thing is in every case I got pop ups about stuff like Time Capsules or Replay Badges. I can really live without a commercial break in the middle of a mission? IS there a way to shut the system off?
    • Like x 1
  6. the solowing Steadfast Player

Hopefully one can be added in future
  7. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Really, are you devs *SURE* you want to have ads popping up in the middle of On Duty instances? Because it just happened to me TWICE in one instance and I'm pretty sure I don't want to play anything On Duty now if I'm just going to get bombarded with adverts. Relevant info to the mission? Ok, I'm not going to like it but fine. Ads for replay badges while I'm still trying to get through an instance? THAT'S A NO-GO.

Either let us turn it off or don't pop-up ads. You're going to lose a lot of customers from this.
    • Like x 2
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

I get it between SM waves, it's annoying.
  9. Rusty Metal Active Player

Please give us a way to turn this off.
    or will turning off the subscription and playing something else be the only way?
    • Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Same thing... twice.

Give us the option to turn it off. Its ridiculous.
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Then they need to keep it on the Switch platform. As for the rest of the platforms... toggle on/off.
    • Like x 3
  12. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

This is proof thy don't CARE what the players want. It's ok if it pops up...but we should have the option to turn it off.
    It's freaking annoying to have it pop up every single time you log in or change characters.

We log in, we want to play the game, not cycle through the same messages over and over and over again. Once is enough to let us know....or give us a turn off option.

Your customers and the source of your paychecks have spoken. Tone it down.
    • Like x 7
  13. Lord Brutality Active Player

So; every game has these. Yet only when logging in. Like a Log In Notification. Or only popping up during the Tutorial Phase of the game 1-30 is understandable.

However, popping up during any Fights or Boss battles or instances is blatant advertisement.

Don't make these like Twitch Live Stream ads or a Youtube Video you can't watch without at least one Commercial about Shaving Cream.

Not a good thing....Especially for paying Customers.
    • Like x 5
  14. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Also, particularly annoying when the game crashes, or disconnects you, and you can't log in again without seeing the same messages.
    • Like x 7
  15. Geri_mester New Player

These are definitely shouldn't pop up during a mission. It breaks the flow and the immersion IMO.
    • Like x 2
  16. The_fair_1 Committed Player

The replay badges pops up very consistently, and then the suggestion for stabilizers keeps popping up all in close succession in the middle of fights. It massively throws off rotations and almost caused a wipe when I was healing and the whole group took damage. I couldn't heal because my screen froze to bring up a suggestion to purchase stabilizers. Make them only ever popup outside of instances/out of combat or allow us to get rid of them completely.

Edit: Actually forget the letting them popup out of combat please just let us turn them off, They look cool but are pointless for the majority of players, let us turn them off and we will be very ok with this update.
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Yet another somewhat decent idea ruined by teeth gnashingly gosh darn awful execution.

And people wonder why I’m cynical about the Switch port. IT’S BECAUSE OF THIS SORT OF THING.
    • Like x 1
  18. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i havent logged on today specifically to avoid these.
    • Like x 1
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These should never pop in combat or in rapid succession. We are investigating.
    • Like x 1
  20. Rusty Metal Active Player

the part I object to is not so much the obnoxiously large pop-up, but that it requires a click to turn it off.

if it pops in combat or moving with acrobatics it is a real pain in the buttox.
    at least make it go away by itself after a few seconds.
    • Like x 1