Revolutionary Idea for DCUO Skill Points

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by silversuitcase, May 27, 2019.

1. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]

• Like x 1
  2. C3alix Committed Player

4 pages in and everyone is against op's idea.

Lock thread plz.
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I'd say no.
    Just no.

Do you even realize how bad this sounds? Let me paint a picture for you.... People thought the stats-revamp was an overall gigantic nerf to their characters.

Now imagine those same players figuring out that their skill points got reset to zero(Don't tell me it won't affect their skill points since feats are full-stop attached to skill points.)

This won't encourage players to run any form of content because you know why? You just gave them the biggest punch to the balls for doing so. Why run content to get feats, only to have your progression and your hard work taken away completely every single year?

People will quit the game because that's not how MMO's like this survive, that's not how any MMO survives. Even World of Warcraft never removes a players earned stats, instead they offer an alternative for people to get caught up because it's more inviting and less toxic to the game's playerbase.

Say what you want, but DCUO has done the same thing as wow and other mmos in allowing folks to pay to catch up.
    -Currency is on the MP.
    -TC's offer gear that raise your CR, and TC's are purchasable.
    -CR skip tokens, nuff said.

You can tell me how much you like or hate these things, but there's no denying how effective they are.

As far as your auras go dude.... Just play the broker game like everyone else does and buy them. Just do that, and never make an awful idea like this again.
    • Like x 3
  4. Brit Loyal Player

There are so many grindy feats that I hated doing and took forever at. 500 solo challenges. Toyman Missions. Collect 25,000 Exobyte nodes.

If they reset me back to zero and wanted me to start from scratch, I guarantee that is the band-aid pull that I needed for me to leave and never have to come back. Much like World of Warcraft, MMOs hold on to their core playerbase by simply having you put so much work into a character that you're afraid to walk away from it.

It's like a marriage. Even if you're unhappy, often it's easier to keep going than it is to start from scratch elsewhere. But if DCUO forces you to reset either way, chances are that most people will look for something better rather than repeating the same grind on a game with servers so unstable that we can't login or play without getting disconnected.
    • Like x 2
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I hated the Toyman and Treasure Chest feats. I purposely skipped the collecting feat cos that was just too damn much.
  6. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Please don't discriminate against low SP players. I will only ask you this once.[/quote]

Discriminate? Not in the least. Ridicule because one chased down gear rather than earning their skill points along the way basically turning themselves into this:
    [IMG]

Absolutely. Don't cry because you're not willing to do the grind.
  7. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Was a rhetorical question, i don't really need u explaine me anything bro... Im sorry if u feel offended but is my opinion.

About the language, im not insulting you, im insulting that s-tupid auras, are *****, im not talking about you.

And for the "devs pls take note blablabla" was sarcasm m8... i dont really want u be banned from anywere xD

I did not know you were so sensitive...
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Let me see if I have this right. You dislike the fact that some one that has been in game for years shelling out REAL money and PLAYING the game has some thing you don't? So you suggest that every year we lose all the skill points we earned and have to start all over again?

Real quick review.....

It takes 56 DAYS to defeat 500 Central City rogue to earn that feat and you can not use replays to speed up the process at all.

There are a grand total of three Bottled City duos and a feat available for completing 99 of them. DO the math ... without replays or without doing walk ins for no rewards at all that mean 33 days to earn THAT feat.

To earn the feat for defeating the "extra" brothers in the Wasteland duos you have to run the daily solo missions 5 times and then you can go get THREE. The feat requires us to defeat 17 so we need to run that "SPECIAL" mission with the second Brother six time to complete the feat. WITHOUT replays that take over 30 days.

There are a ton more but that just gives you a quick look. SO your fabulous idea is toss all that out the window and make everyone do all that over again every year? Oh and let's keep in mind none of that stuff is Relevant any more so all we'd get for completing the run, aside for eventually earning the feat AGAIN is an Alternate reward box. When exactly are we suppose to play the END GAME stuff that allows out characters to earn marks and get better armor?

You want to know what I think? I think your insane no one is going to be happy with THAT idea but YOU.
    • Like x 1
  9. silversuitcase Active Player

56 days? I don't know about you but I could kill about 300 in a day if I really tried...
    Also, I'm not a fan of that personal attack at the end, quite meanie if I say so myself.
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

U won’t get credit without the bounty contract being in your journal

So yeah u could kill 300, u wouldn’t get anywhere thou
    • Like x 1
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

honestly your "revolutionary" idea doesn't even help the people you said it would, primarily new starting players, how does it "help" them to grind about a year and have their about 100 SP points reverted back to zero? as all others have stated, it would invalidate any such effort to begin with. and as i've stated, i'm not arguing this from the angle of a person who's ground for years and got their SP up in like the 400 range or even 300, i'm only round 124 and even i think this idea is adding insult to injury.
    • Like x 1
  12. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

You have not played this game much yet have you? Lety's give you a really quick lesson on CC Bounties.....

You get your MISSION (please note I said mission not mission(S) because while there are a total of 9 rogues scattered between Gotham City, Metropolis and Central City you get exactly one mission to find a defeat them all. Now the good news is you get 1 mark (if you are below CR 79. Now for the bad news there is not now nor has there ever been a way to use replays to buy that mission again. Once you finish you are done for THE DAY. Oh and while some other bou9nties that are available later pon in game will give you credit for a defeat without having the mission from the contact Central City bounties do not.

So let's see that works out to a grand total of NINE bounties a day (IF you can find all nine. DO THE MATH 9 X 55 =495 so on day 56 you actually get a break and only have to defeat 5 to complete the feat. You want to run around and kill them for no reward and no credit toward the feat .. feel free but you could defeat 500 in one day and your still only going to get credit for NINE.

As for my "personal" attack you asked what I thought. You start a thread like this you can expect to get slammed a lot.

Quick suggestion.. LEARN how the game is played before you start trying to disagree with some one. I personally have 9 alts that all have that particular feat for defeating 500 Rogues. And I mean they spent 56 days or more running from zone to zone defeating the bounties. Not that I did the thing once and then bought it with replay badges 8 times on other characters. I KNOW what needs to be done there. Apparently you do not.