DCUO On Nintendo Switch!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, May 23, 2019.

1. Bran327 New Player

I know theres no release date but will it atleast come out before Classic WoW? I'd really love to play this game but i wont touch anything after classic releases lol.
  2. Hurly-Burly Active Player

Gonna be honest, not sure Switch players care lol. There are so many great games, I am uncertain if they fork over cash for a paywall so-so mmo.

Criticism aside it is a solid move. Does the Switch have any mmo titles? I think they have a couple, but this is a smart move. There isn't much mmo competition on that platform. CoH has risen on the PC, so they have taken that player-base. Switch does not have a CoH type mmo to take players away from them.

Smart move DBG.
    • Like x 1
  3. Merlin2574 Well-Known Player

4. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

so cut ps3 to replace it with..... basically a ps3............. smart move.

so when is pvp getting its fixes?
    when is legends getting the love it needs?
    hows it going on increasing our base/league hall item capacity?
    or any of the hundreds of other bugs when are they getting fixed?
    how about the gold spammers are they on their way out?

im willing to bet no answer will be forthcoming on any of that, but its ok, we know yall have no interest on actually fixing the problems.

but yay dcuo is going to be on switch........
  5. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Can't answer your other Questions but the main is so basically ps3? The Nintendo Switch is a much stronger piece of equipment then the ps3 was.
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

As long as it doesn't get in the way for future Pc visual updates I'm in..Don't want another "we can't do that because of ps3":rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

there was no other questions. and switch may be marginally better off then the three(it better be ffs) but still not even on the same level as the 4 or whatever the xbox equivalent is.
  8. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

So, you didn't ask about pvp or legends? o_O
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Cant make a profit on those issues.
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I... I just want a big statue of me in Metropolis Park after I'm gone.

Otherwise, it's just what any superhero would do. It's the job.

/noble pose emote
    • Like x 1
  11. Warhawk Well-Known Player

That's exactly what I did and I haven't regretted it once!
  12. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

This is great but without cross-play it will end up "meh" just like Xbox servers. My son doesn't think highly enough of DCUO on xbox, I can't imagine a single platform non-cross-play server is going to be very active - it will at first just like xbox did then I feel it will also be "meh" once the hype dies down - time and effort invested into revamping PvP would have brought more $ into the equation in the long-term. Now IF you could login to your account, the one you already have upwards of cr270 with all your feats and sp's then sure, this would have been great I'd be playing this on the back porch while the kids swim but we can't even login to our current toons - to be perfectly honest time spent getting xbox one to cross-play-ability I feel would have been better time spent or at least now make it so xbox and switch can cross-play with us, that would ensure a longer life for the game.

Can we finally get someone to work on pvp now? This seems great and a possible new revenue stream but can we finally after five years of brokeness, and simply lack-there-of aside from a paltry revamp (pve mind you) get a PvP Revamp? A Single non-cross-platform server when we have half a game i.e. PvP dead in the water, no if not absent queue times.

"There are no plans for PvP at this time" is a stance that needs to change. Do any of the current devs even know how to PvP? Can they? Will they? Arenas/Legends/Open-World... could they? Would they even know how without getting shown up? I think not! I just don't think any of you realize what it's like "out there" as you may only ever actually "test" on the test server if at all. Many of us aren't adapting well to the rinse+repeat of current pve, sure it's a money grab on tc's and such but if you took your time and thought up a new formula for pvp it would breathe more life into this game than anything else and many of us are getting tired of the same old pve grind, long ago we had options, we had our "fix" if we wanted it in pvp phase and Arenas/Legends but currently it's just "pve, pve, stabilizer event, whatever seasonal is on, pve, pve" which is getting pretty boring.

White glove off, placed to face, your move hot shots :p
    • Like x 1
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed! I've been hearing SINCE LAUNCH how DCUO is dying...but we keep on keepin' on , don't we? :)
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

*imitates mr mxyzptlk's voice* "otherwise known as beginner target practice for the city's pigeon population!".
    • Like x 2
  15. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Hopefully this will be the last step right before the MEGA MERGE SERVER!! 2019 lets get it done DCUO.. MERGE XBOX, PC, PS4, NINTENDO...

Its been LOOONG OVERDUE!
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't mean to either be a killjoy or suggest that I think DCUO is in any way in trouble at present, but unfortunately, the history of online games shows minimal connection between expansion to new platforms and health of the game.

One has only to look at the history of MARVEL HEROES (under its various names): it was added to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One under the title Marvel Heroes Omega on June 30, 2017, and then on November 15, 2017, Disney announced the game was being shut down on all platforms.

It would be great if the theory "expansion proves longevity" were true, but computer game history suggests otherwise. They don't seem to have much correlation. :(

That said, I'll take the Switch expansion as a good sign.
    • Like x 3
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The way to convince the devs to work on PVP is to outline a clear path to how this will directly increase DCUO's profits. "It'll bring more players to the game" is an assertion, not a pathway or a plan. You need to demonstrate clearly and provably that the investment of money and developer time will pay Daybreak back with increased revenue.

With math included. You need to show your work.

If you can't, all you're demonstrating is what we already know, which is that there are at least a couple of hundred people who would love to see PvP given some love.

If there are larger numbers of people who will somehow wind up being willing to pay another $20 or $50, or whatever the cost would be, for a New And Improved PVP, you need to prove that they exist, not just hope or speculate or assert.

Do that, and the management will say "okay, we want to get that money."

But you need an actual business plan. It needs to be at least as well done as one that would get a good grade in business school. It has to be entirely specific.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Actually , there is no question about the longevity of DCUO. It has already been around since 2011. I've seen a lot of games come and go in that time. Most MMOS seem to fade away by the 4-5 year mark. Just my opinion but it is the exception, not the rule to see one go into it's 8th year as DCUO has.

Of course most people compare all MMOS to WoW which is mistake. The success of WoW is an outlier and in a category of it's own. Sort of like the New York Yankees of MMOS. When we remove WoW, there aren't all that many that have enjoyed the run that this game has. Some...not many
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yeah, was just thinking about what happened to Marvel Heroes after they 'expanded' to consoles (didn't do them any good)
    Marvel Heroes wasn't a Disney product in the same way DCUO isn't a WB product, or SWG a Lucasart product
    EQ (and EQ2) have been around for longer (as long), WoW is the "My First MMO" of the MMO-world, the entry-level game: people start with that and move on to the real MMO's
  20. Jafin 10000 Post Club

To be fair Marvel Heroes was a bit of an anomaly. In mid 2016 Disney completely shut down their own gaming division and said they wanted to move away from gaming. In 2017 they shut down Marvel Avengers Alliance 2 (a mobile game) which had barely been out a few months, and cut ties completely with Gazillion, the development studio behind the game. Marvel Heroes was, unfortunately, collateral damage in Disney's very odd decision to move away from gaming and most, if not all, of the live games they had were shut down, whether it by their own gaming studios or third party studios.

If Disney hadn't made that decision I'm pretty confident that Marvel Heroes would still be around today.
    • Like x 1