Confirmed? DCUO coming to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by EconoKnight, May 23, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Sounds like fake news like the "DCUO Memorial Day Major Event" another site was reporting.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

3. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

There is literally a trailer though. My guess these news outlets are running the story too early.
  4. BumblingB I got better.

5. Jafin 10000 Post Club

I'm not Mepps or part of Daybreak but...it is happening. This is legit. A teeny tiny portion of the Switch UI went onto Test by accident a few weeks ago but it seems like nobody else spotted it.
    • Like x 4
  6. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

Makes sense to want to crossover to all consoles. If they allowed for accounts to be used accross consoles I might give it a try, but like with XBox I couldn't find the energy to try and regain the 300 plus skill points or put in the time to replay the game.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

One thing I'd love is if they made it so you could use your Daybreak account on PC to log in to the Switch version, like how you can use the same account for FF14 on both PS4 and PC, but it doesn't look like that'll happen unfortunately.
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Meh... we dropped the PS3 because it was inferior hardware to run the game and holding back the PS4, which at this point could be considered the 'low' spec... but now we want to add the Switch to the cross play mix? No thanks. I don't care about the fact the switch will get the game, but the switch has 4GB shared ram....the PS4 has 8GB DDR5 ram....the PS5 is on the horizon....I don't want the game to be tethered to the Switch system hardware now.

Now, if you want a way to migrate accounts/toons between systems...fine. I'm down with that....but that's a different story.

Reinheld
  10. Magnificent Loyal Player

Agreed.

I can't help but wonder if this means DCUO will also be coming to the Wii in the near future (if so, will it be cross-platform with PC/PS, stand-alone or cross-platform with the Switch)?

On a slightly different subject, I've never understood why companies dole out news like this to sites like CBR before posting them on their own forums/channels.
  11. Lord Brutality Active Player

Part of me is thinking how can this unpopular MMO still be expanding to different consoles.

Then thinking, may not be to popular but the game will never die. It's backed up by comic book foundation thats been out for over 80 years.

WOW, ESO, an other MMO's may be more popular. But does have the backing that DCUO has; or Movies, TV shows an etc that the game can feed off of.

Which is why despite what this game has gone through over the years and many troubles it may have it still expands. Hangs in there.

I'm happy for the game expanding. I just feel the Development team needs to get bigger. Xbox, PS4/PC, an Nintendo is going to be a stress with how small the Dev team is. I see things like updates and bug reports possible taking longer. Since they're trying to tackle another console for content.

I dont know any MMO that is available on all platforms. Inform me anyone does. But I feel this will be a stress on the devs.
    • Like x 1
  12. Benbrada New Player

Or CBR was given an 'exclusive"? i.e. allowed to run it for 24 hrs before hand?
  13. Benbrada New Player

I had a feeling there was an underlying reason why they were spending resources on remodelingkey NPCs and mentors. I have a feeling this was it.
  14. Benbrada New Player

I asked something similar like this about subscription service. Would be cool if one yearly fee allowed me to play on PC and PS4. They said hard to make happen because Sony and Microsoft have their own eshop systems and nothing can talk to one another.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Press outlets crave exclusives like nothing else.
    • Like x 8
  16. Benbrada New Player

Mepps can neither confirm or deny :D
    • Like x 1
  17. Benbrada New Player

Nay sayers:

• Like x 2
  18. Shark Dental Devoted Player

So, you'd say they're making the switch to a new platform?

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  19. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Any one notice the wide shot at themyscira? New open world maybe?
    • Like x 1
  20. not_again Dedicated Player

I hope this will allow us to play our PS, PC, and Xbox toons on the switch. Not have a new server on the switch.
    • Like x 1