PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Proxystar #Perception

Nope, just the same as usual, running along in open world, crash - error report box

Nope, just the same usual, walking around in chaos gotham, crash - error report box.

There is no consistency in terms of it happening in the same place, it's just the same old.
  2. Lord Brutality Active Player

Just a Report. I took the risk an Renewed my Membership this month. Even bought 1000 points to switch a power.

But still... i've been crashing the same just as a week to two weeks ago.

* Mid way's threw Alert just as we teleport and fight wolves before Vampire Lord.
    * Crash right after King Shark raid. Start checking loot after we beat him... then crash.
    * Crash just sitting in my normal Deco Base. Checking my gear before I que.

Here is something that happens which is very wierd..... I'll get a crash report pop up. Yet the game is STILL RUNNING??? for at least 2 minutes.... then It crashes. Like the crash was predicted to happen.

Crash Report Window pop up; I thought " Damn.. here we go again. Oh wait. The game has not crashed yet just a report" move around for a bit a minute later the game crashes."

This is weird you guys. I'm trying to hang in there. I'm still giving you Developers money. Do your best to fix this. Thanks!
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thank you for the reports.
  4. AV Loyal Player

I noticed a dramatic improvement immediately following that initial crash hotfix recently, but it's been getting steadily worse since. I crash ~5 times a day; it almost always seems to be due to the game tripping over itself when there's a sudden spike in object rendering. It's most noticeable if I take the mission hub teleport in Chaos Gotham or when super-speeding to the far-right of my Atlantean base, which forces the game to want to load hundreds of base items very quickly (some other people crash a lot there too for the same reason). I'm on a beefy rig so my hardware shouldn't be the issue.

I very rarely crash in instanced content and when I do there's usually a identifiable warning stutter a few minutes before the crash comes. The weird thing though is that the only times this does happen is when I'm doing something important. There has been a slight uptick in this happening since the PC fix was released. I got one warning stutter while doing Stake Well Done and ended up crashing literally 1 second after we got the kill and the feat proc'd. Yesterday I crashed near the end of a different feat run, which puked the attempt and we had to redo. No idea what's causing these ones.
  5. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I logged in to see if the new fix helped... crashed after doing dailies in Chaos Gotham while phasing from the Watchtower to Gotham to do the outside seasonal. Guess I'll go back to the other game I downloaded.
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Looking at our crash data, it seems the code crash everyone was experiencing is resolved, but the issue has moved into an out of memory crash. We are working on it. Apologies for this being so difficult and taking so long to track down.
    • Like x 7
  7. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Thanks for keeping us informed Mepps. Hope the culprit can be squashed soon.

This might be anecdotal but when I keep the game running and switch between toons the crashes happen around 1-2 hours in usually. If I completely exit the game and then run on a toon I'm usually able to do whatever I need without crashing. So that sounds related to the memory crash (cache not being cleared?) issue you've mentioned.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea, I’m seeing more lag now, hopefully when this gets fixed all with be mostly back to normal :)
  9. AV Loyal Player

Is there much benefit to filling the crash form out? I often do but when my crashes generally happen in the exact same places it feels redundant after a bit. Do you get most of the info you need from the error log anyways?

Also, side note, while playing fullscreen, I usually can't even get to the crash report window. It's there, and if I hit alt-tab I can scroll through my windows and select it but DCUO perpetually forces itself to the forefront and I can't do anything else. Same thing if I CRTL-ALT-DEL: screen comes up letting me choose to open task manager -> task manager opens behind DCUO -> try to alt-tab to it to force kill the DCUO process -> can't get it to show in the foreground. Similarly, the crashes prevent me from alt-f4ing or killing either DCUO or the crash reporter via the alt-tab menu. With most crashes, I'm forced to ctrl-alt-del -> hit restart -> hope I can catch "Cancel" before the restart happens, after Windows auto-closes everything -> eat a full restart ~50% of the time. After the first recent crash patch, this stopped being an issue and I could alt-tab to the crash report like normal but since the hotfixes, it's gone back to having to do the restart workaround.
  10. Chrise7 New Player

Not a fix, but on windows you can log out of your profile and log and back in in the ctrl+alt+delete window.

It's a bit faster than restarting the PC fully.

But yeah, it is really annoying. I'm not playing on fullscreen because of it
    • Like x 2
  11. AV Loyal Player

Thank you very much. Nice to hear I'm not the only person experiencing this and that'll be a big time saver.
  12. Zneeak Devoted Player

Will this issue be properly fixed before the new Season of Survival Mode hits Live? Because if you intend to rush out SM onto Live servers with this issue still present at the same extent as currently on Live, a lot of End-gamers who want to play Survival Mode will severely struggle to progress due to the crashing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Yea I love playing full screen but with these crashes, I’ve been playing window mode, I use to do what Chrise7 said when I was in full screen, now being window mode it’s lot easier to see the crash report, hoping when this is fixed I can return full screen
    • Like x 2
  14. RealTegan Dedicated Player

This is much appreciated.
    • Like x 2
  15. AV Loyal Player

Not an option for me, sadly, as I get excessively gross input lag while windowed. I think because I run most things at 4k but DCUO gets pissy beyond 1440p due to engine limitations. I could maybe mitigate it by setting windows res to 1440p everytime but that irks me and I shouldn't have to.
  16. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

When you crash on PC you can also ALT + TAB to the crash window, wait a bit, then hit TAB and then SPACE. Then ALT + TAB again to the crash report window once it's finished doing it's thing after a few seconds and hit TAB and then SPACE again. Bit annoying but this way you don't have to log out at all.
    • Like x 1
  17. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Tks for the reply. It is much appreciated. Please dont go on vacation EVER again. Lol
    • Like x 1
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Hmm wonder if that’s why I’m seeing a lot of lagging since I’m in window mode maybe, I’ll have to look at that later. But that sucks, hopefully they’ll fix the problem for good, till then windows logout/sign off will help
    • Like x 1
  19. AV Loyal Player

So it still accepts kb inputs lol good to know. I should have thought of that. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  20. Proxystar #Perception

The new Survival Mode, will you beat the round before the round beats your computer.
    • Like x 2