Test Discussion Survival Mode: Rewards

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Batuba, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've started discussions about that. Will know more on Monday.
    • Like x 3
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    I was doing some parser testing on the new combat pet rewards and discovered that Shadow Bat is one of the best single-target pet trinket in the game. It has beat Atlantean Sea Horse on every parser test I've run so far. Just from my last test, I got the following on single target:

Overall Damage at CR 270 for one summons:
    Shadow Bat: 209,325
    Atlantean Sea Horse: 179,725

I've tried running this parser test a few times and the results are always the same within a small range.

Shadow Bat is a level 25 unlock too.

In terms of the Turret trinkets, Green Crystal is better than Snake Turret for single-target:

Overall Damage at CR 270 for one summons:
    Green Crystal: 127,394
    Shadow Snake: 82,938

I've done this test a few times and the numbers always come out about the same.

The main drawback of the Turrets is that the target has to be close to the turret.

I'm having reservations about some of the best combat pet trinkets in the game being Survival Mode limited time exclusives.
    • Like x 6
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

Seasonal SM Vendor items will be account bound now.
    • Like x 3
  4. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Why couldn’t it have just been styles and base items like before? I’m really not happy about all this. :(
    • Like x 1
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you describe a little more about what you are seeing here?
  6. myandria Item Storage

When I have either skin 1, 2, or 3 equipped and then try to use the new SM materials to cover the entire body, they do not work. I hear the equip *chime* but nothing shows up.

Edit: I will go back on test to see if this is still the case; perhaps it is something on my end.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Although the Holographic Eyes and Aura are not on the Seasonal Vendor, please consider making those account bound like the permanent vendor materials and pet trinkets are.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If you can provide a screenshot, we're having trouble understanding or reproducing. I did just want to clarify that the material will only apply to gear, not bare skin.
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

The Shadow Bat and the Shadow Snake Turret are in the Top 5 of all damage trinkets currently in the game. While I can see where some players may have a cause for concern with trinkets being locked behind that type of content I do agree these are the types of rewards that will drive players to complete Survival Mode. I don't even have Titles showing in the UI and I know other players who do the same to reduce clutter, so my Round 20 title doesn't hold much value but at least with a trinket being 5 rounds off the max and its damage being competitive it does give merit to the accomplishment of trying to complete the higher rounds.
  10. myandria Item Storage

I tried to recreate this incident but I couldn't, which means it was probably on my end somehow. I realize I did not mention that I had the toon covered with the skin tight costume pieces from head to toe when I tried to use the material. I was trying to make the toon look like most of her skin was made of the new materials. Sorry about the trouble.:(
  11. Batuba Developer

In general, Shadow Bat should be doing the same damage as Sea Horse. Due to their AI and the breaks in DPS they take while summoned can vary test results drastically. Using your example above on Sea Horse, I imagine each parse had differences of up to 20-30k total damage. Its a little harder to compare 1:1 but should be doing approximately the same damage.

As stated in an earlier post, if people enjoy these trinkets, we will definitely be looking to create more on content that is more accessible to everyone. The trinket rewards in SM are not intended to be the very best trinkets in game, but on par with top trinket options. If there are issues with these trinkets being clearly superior to other trinkets currently available in game, we will assess it and make necessary changes.
    • Like x 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Nice change, thanks for that.
  13. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Some simple variants of the existing trinkets would do it already tbh (like a shadow werewolf sidekick instead of a shadow man-bat).

It kinda sucks that the shadow bat is finally the combat pet I'd like to have for the aesthetics but is locked behind round 25... I'll still try to get it though but am not expecting success.
    • Like x 1
  14. Batuba Developer

Updated original post with upcoming changes.
  15. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

Thank you so much for showing up to the SM stream today!

just to clarify the group was dying from an invisible mechanics called "grenade launcher" by the ultimate solider. Basically, we were stunned and died without any of the mechanic showing.

Hope that helps - wrong thread my bad please move.
  16. myandria Item Storage

:eek:

But...but... the Werewolf Henchmen are more useful (and better looking) than the Snake Turret or the Green Crystal!

*sigh*:(

Ahh well, I guess that is the point. Well, that dream ended very fast! :D
  17. Batuba Developer

Adding JLD Generator Mods on the Test Vendor so people can access more comparable stats from live to test SM. This should be in the next build that goes to PC Test.

KNOWN ISSUE:

- SM Feats sometimes do not unlock when defeating rank 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 bosses. If this happens to you, please submit here and information to help us identify the issue. Things of importance to note:
    • Did everyone in group get feat?
    • Were people in group knocked out when they didn't get feat?
    • Which Feat was not unlocked
  18. Aerith Rose Committed Player

So many great rewards, a month just seems to short. Hope we can get more chances in the future.
  19. Turtle Owner New Player

Hello i wanted to ask how the Halo reward system works.
    Because a lot of players told me diffrent types of storys about it for Example every1 tht reaches round 30 gets one or Only like the top 10 players get the golden halo all the other players get a silver one even if they completed sm round 30
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Any group that reaches the highest round be it 30 or 29 etc will get the gold crown. If 1 group beats 30 and 6 groups beat 29 only the 4 r30 group gets gold crown. If all 7 groups beat R30 they will all get gold crowns. Getting R30 just insures the gold crown as obviously it isn't possible to go beyond that so you know you are getting it where a group that beats R29 isn't sure because if any group beats 30 they won't get gold but silver.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.