Survival Mode is for the Elite players not casual players!!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NASTYDCGOD, May 19, 2019.

1. NASTYDCGOD New Player

Let me begin by saying I am a vet player and have over 400+ sp and pay my subs when it's due. I have been around for many dramatic updates and ran through every DLC/Cr when it was current. Lately Dc has been catering to casual players and from a vet/elitist point of view it hasn't been fun. Until the devs updated us the community with 2019 survival mode. I have been through every SM and the challenge was there. Yes you need the right people and yes it is difficult. IT'S NOT SUPPOSE TO BE EASY hint the name of the mode. Players like myself who run through elite content like it's regular looks forward to content like SM. Players like myself do pug when we want and we may pug SM when it's available. But when we use LFG/Shout chat and find players who want to play too, we don't look for low sp and cr people. What's the point when you want to get through rounds. When we do LFG/Shout we're looking for strong geared up people with high sp. Not 100,200, but players with 350+sp and its for a reason. If you can't max out your stat bubbles tree don't expect people to pick you up. Yes you will struggle in SM and yes you won't get it done with low sp. Take the time to gear up and get sp or you'll be doing what many do now. Which is complain 24/7 on the forums or in game saying something is to hard and can't be beaten. So to add SM to the event tab in game is pointless. You're wasting your time with your toon if you expect your low toon all round stats to complete END GAME ELITE CONTENT. We all know Sp and Cr makes a HUGE difference to our characters. So act like it does and give your toon the respect you want it to have. IN ELITE CONTENT.
    • Like x 3
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Access doesn't equal success.

The only gate to the content is CR, whether or not the player succeeds hinges on numerous factors, no where in your post did you really post anything of reasonable substance other than having a rant about how you don't want players you perceive to be inferior to yourself being given access to play in your play ground.

If you want to go through a vetting process for any groups you form then go right ahead, whether someone fails at R1, 5, 15, 20 is of no concern to you, you do yours and I'm sure everyone else will do theirs. ;)
    • Like x 21
  3. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

You are so angry that you made two(2) threads about this? :(
    • Like x 15
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

You are so angry that you made two(2) threads about this? :(

Stupid server timed out..now i made a dbl post...lol
    • Like x 7
  5. Proxystar #Perception

I thought I'd just like both posts too, since we're duplicating things :D
    • Like x 5
  6. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lmao...
    • Like x 1
  7. NASTYDCGOD New Player

If you grind your sp to above or very close to 350+ you have to pay attention to mechanics or you won't get the feat. By the time a players reach that 300+ and above they have a good sense of mechanic awareness. I dont mind a player above me in sp, cr, or skill but you won't get through SM carrying someone when their below requirements. Again SM is not for the lazy or short cut people.
    • Like x 1
  8. NASTYDCGOD New Player

I bet you're ready for SM like myself :) hope you make it to high rounds
  9. NASTYDCGOD New Player

I'm not angry but I bet many people don't check other threads so I posted in two for other viewers
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

No one is asking you to carry them, you realise that right? Form your own group and if they go through SM failing over and over how does that even remotely affect you? You weren't even going to be relying on those types of players anyway, right?
    • Like x 6
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

I believe his goal is to "spread awareness" to all the players who believe SM should have an event version or be dumbed down for them.
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Seemed like a pretty coarse attempt at raising awareness lol if that was their intention ;)
    • Like x 4
  13. Xibo Loyal Player

100% this^
  14. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

How does one become an elite player?

1- learn mechanics

2- follow the instructions below

Prec spec
    dual wield
    flurry shot Weapon mastery

Sparring al
    Venonwrist dispensor
    grimorium vernum

triangle tap triangle hold jump cancel and repeat

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  15. NASTYDCGOD New Player

you carry people when they lack in something you need like heals,dmg, power, agrro. and they affect players like myself when they run to the devs saying they need to nerf a boss or mechanics when the player just needs to work harder on their toon.
    • Like x 1
  16. NASTYDCGOD New Player

End game players and devs know who this mode is aimed at im just letting people know from players like myself pov
    • Like x 1
  17. NASTYDCGOD New Player

your step by step is something we do when we wanna prec dps for fun. An elitist player would be someone with well over 400+ sp, Cr maxed, Whatever role the player is will be maxed out head to toe augments and all. Solo all content as a support role and steady top boards if switched dps. Knows all mechanics,timing, doesn't die, keeps the group alive, and a smooth run. its pretty normal on our side of town on dc.
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Delivery, delivery.

Break up the message, it may seem right for you but it seems like a whole bunch of don't do this or I don't like that.

I definitely agree with you however, you will not deter anyone on the forums and only like minded others with your approach will agree in silence.

SM is for any endgame player to run, from what I gather from you is an announcement that people should master their toon first, work on building up their main character by working on getting them SP, completing feats, and work on their artifacts and augments.

I also think that you feel that SM should never get easier and should be very challenging to the community, of which I honestly see being no new mechanics or other objectives and will easily be something that a majority can run, especially the earlier rounds, with the skill level of the community.

There is a long standing theme with the forums, that they have to maintain the casual feel, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up, when the cries start rolling out and they will, there will be another version that will be much easier with similar, if not the same types of rewards as this first revamp will have.

Congratulations on having friends and leaguemates that do put the work in, I wish you nothing but success, it will change nothing though, ranting on a forum, your words come out demeaning and will be met by others as a put down rather than an awakening, nobody cares to say they should practice, yet insist that they are all-stars.
    • Like x 1
  19. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I Wish they made a mega thread for posting all this Sm things.It's so annoying seeing new posts Every day almosty about it.
    • Like x 4
  20. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Well, someone seems to have latched onto the term "elite" rather tenaciously.

Funny thing, though, to me an elite player would welcome any challenge. Whether it was difficult content or a team that might not be fully ready for the challenge that the content provides, an elite player would step up and take it on. Going on and on about how that content is just for you doesn't make someone elite. It just makes them look a bit like a snob.

Survival Mode is challenging content for ENDGAME players. Whether or not an ENDGAME player is up for the challenge is up to them.
    • Like x 3