Universal Teleporter

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by plumcrazy, May 18, 2019.

1. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

We need a universal teleporter that will take you into any raid duo instance etc, as it's pretty much impossible for people to acquire older sp the way thing's are now. I returned and quickly noticed many episodes were released in my absence and even though my cr has gone up I still haven't even been in many of the older content because no one ques for it. At say 260 or whatever with a universal teleporter I could go into say Olympus or whatever that raid is it keeps telling me I should do and solo it.
    • Like x 2
  2. AquiloFury Committed Player

I agree with this...to a point. It would enable us to go into older content to get feats, yes...but que times are already horrendous and this could just make it worse. I've seen ideas floating around for something of snow incomplete que option. Being able to que into an instance with half the required players...and either replace the missing players with npcs or just go in as is. I think that could be more feasible.. possibly. That's one reason the devs cited for making SM 4 man..it can be too difficult to get a full group of 8 together.
    • Like x 3
  3. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

This would eliminate ques
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

If their servers could handle it. I would suspect that they would have done this years ago. Right now DCUO could have hundreds or maybe close to a thousand of instances running on their servers at the same time. With everyone having a solo for anything. The instances could double, triple, quadruple or even more.

That would require a major server upgrade.

[IMG]

Servers now.

[IMG]

Teleporters to any instance server load.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It would eliminate the newer population. Or do you want to kill the game because you're too impatient to build a group?
  6. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

A number of issues concerning this idea. First of all they came out and basically said no more to that idea a while ago because the ones they have were causing glitches and bugs. I can not recall exactly when Mepps posted that reply but keep in mind we have not see any sort of "walk in" content since Wastelands. We have enough long running issues in game that for what ever reason they can not seem to solve so the last thing we need is more.

And part two... as mentioned. You think wait time to que into stuff are hard now? Give walk in access to everything and double of triple that wait time. I'm not sure what your schedule is like but if you have ANY days where you can get in game early (like around Noon or so US time ) You'll find it much easier to find people doing older content. Night time is for END GAME .. and a lot of players use day time, when possible, to work on older content for feats.
    • Like x 1
  7. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

We do not need a "universal teleporter" Simply, make the group yourself!

People want to do old content i see it everyday BUT they will not make the groups. So, start making groups and players will come.
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

The only universal teleporters we need is one that will behave like the teleporters in our bases... takes you to HQ, your bases, and anywhere for which you have base generator mods (Urgent Warfronts, Bases and League Halls, Gotham and Metropolis, etc).
  9. Raven Roth Committed Player

Portal Trinket

Bam
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You mean like a mother box...
  11. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Guess I can try starting groups myself but my past knowledge of this game tells me it won't work. This game has always been about the new unfortunately.
  12. AquiloFury Committed Player

I understand your frustration..I really do. I don't pretend to know your methods when it comes to building a group, but if you put that it's a feat run in lfg..it will probably get more attention. I, for one, still need a lot of older feats..as does my wife(although anything group related..I do for her lol). I know it is more convenient for us as players to have walk ins or a universal teleporter as you have mentioned(hell, I'd love it), but it's just not good for the game on many levels. We have to think about other people and the technical hurdles here as well.
    • Like x 1
  13. Ozman Well-Known Player

You can't really get any worse than non-existent.

I play solo where I can, and use queues and pugs when I need to get into group stuff. All good for content from the last two or three DLCs. Still, there's a bunch of older raids, alerts and duos that I've never done or haven't been able to complete feats in because nobody is running the content. There are days where I've literally been queued or shouting for a group for hours and got absolutely nowhere. My main is currently CR248, but I only have 160 SP.

People say join a league, but my experience is that unless you get lucky, leagues are the worst. They're either run by complete control freaks or they lie just to get people in and boost their numbers. Several times I've joined leagues on the promise of running older content, only for everyone to be busy or unavailable when you try and put a group together. There is literally no incentive for people to run old content when they have all the rewards and feats, which sucks for those of us trying to pick up stuff from those instances.

Speaking of incentives; I came back to the game last week after a year off it, but before I left I remember you could earn catalysts by running certain instances. I've come back a year later and now that's not a thing as you just buy them with currency now. Was there a reason they stopped doing that? Seemed like a good way to make older content relevant again.

Another argument to be made is that there are those of us who like to challenge ourselves by soloing group content. It's almost impossible to find people willing to group up to get you into an instance and then leave. Nobody is going to sit in a group doing nothing while you spend an hour trying to get the fourth member just to get you into an alert and then leave.

I can understand the technical issues walk-in portals for all content would create for the devs, but I think at least the ability to solo queue should be considered.

Sorry for the long post, but solo queuing has been top of my wish list for a while.
    • Like x 2
  14. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Yeah it's getting frustrating as I'm slowly making ground on the sps I missed out on but I'm getting to the point where the bulk of the feats are surprisingly alerts and raids. I have tried shouting in the HoD like other's mentioned but that does not work really, it didn't work back in 2012 it don't work now. Dc always had the problem of putting sps in content where you really have no control of if or when you get them or gated crap which sadly never changed, I remember grinding battle for earth duos for some reason. I hear people talk about the ques would be slower with a universal teleporter but that's the point, they are already abysmal so just kill the que system
  15. AquiloFury Committed Player

Killing the system is fine for older content is fine for those of us at end game, but then you have to think that those who may still be at level can't just walk in and beat the instance solo...so that still requires at least one high cr person to walk hem through. And then I pose this question....what fun is it to have a high cr player do all the work for you? I get a sense of accomplishment when doing something at level and overcoming the struggle. If this was implemented when I was first in the game..I would not be a player today.
  16. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I would like that ability but there's a reason they took away the Dox portal and it hasn't come back.
    I would think the same thing would apply to getting into other raids/alerts/duos.
    I farm exos and do dailies while waiting for older que's to pop.
    Or make feat groups.
    Or join feat groups, if only to help if I have those feats.
  17. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Top of my list as well. I have seen people on the villain side shout for hours in LFG for the villain operations that are not task force X. Since I see the same post in LFG for over an hour, I'm assuming no one is responding. I'll even see people beg for someone to just queue and leave, but still the same post keeps going.
    I don't see a big benefit to helping lower CR people queue when those queues are not happening anyway. If they decide to implement stat clamping as an option for giving higher CR players more rewards, then I will support keeping the current queue system. But without that I really want to see solo and/or smaller group queues.
    One of my favorite parts about the Trigon area is that I started to walk into the duos solo when I was strong enough to do so for a challenge. I would so the same for alerts and raids with portals as I leveled up. It only takes a few hours to complete all end game content, so that extra time could be used trying to solo or duo some of the more recent raids if we had portals.
    The Dox walk-in crashed on me maybe 1 in 5 times I used it. Sometimes if I was quick enough I could pick my loot from last boss before it crashed. I honestly wouldn't mind a 20% crash rate for walk-ins. Devs can warn players portals come with risk, and then let the players decide it they are a waste of time or worth it.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While Knarly is probably right that the servers could get overloaded, I'm not sure we really know. Depending on how it's structured, the instance load could be equally distributed, or they might have servers that are specifically relegated to content...so there might be a server that houses T1-T3 raids and is pretty much unused most of the day.

Teleporters will not happen for the reasons the Devs already said. It can cause glitches/crashes and although I'd wager 100% of the people would rather take the chance at a crash to get the Dox teleporter back, the Devs have said it isn't going to.

Besides the potential for server 'instance' overload, the easiest method of getting something like this would be the ability to have an adjustable group size. This is what happens today, except we do not have the 'max' adjustment. If you have 3 people and queue Dox, matchmaking is told to go get 5 more players. If we had the option or a pop up (the group leader at least) to skip matchmaking, or maybe set the group size to 4, matchmaking would only need to find 1 person before it would pop. I cannot believe that this would take much to code, and with no teleporter, going in and out of the instance would work the same, so there should be little chance of glitches like Dox had.

Now....maybe they would institute a minimum number for Alerts or Raids (say 2 or 4), so we wouldn't end up with 8 guys 'solo'ing Dox so less chance for overload and it would allow for some noobs to get in for a free or semi-free ride if they checked the same number when queuing. I'd guess that most groups would either leave out 'full' with no match making, or 2 groups would need to be queuing to the same 'max' number to match up....for noobs that would be the default 8 for raids and 4 for alerts.

All Duos should be able to be run solo. Most are doable solo while you are still at the high end of CR relevancy.

I realize that this goes against the second M in MMO, but in a game as feat heavy as this, getting into old content is a must. And for those of you who say 'what about those noobs at tier?', don't forget, they will likely progress off that Tier in a few days with event gear/TCgear....then they will join the ranks of us who are trying to get into old content for feats/styles/briefs/collections and can't. Is it the way the game was supposed to be played? No, but people aren't around running T1-T7 as it was originally intended...with a few months or a year spent at every tier....we have more content now and can get to endgame way quicker.

BTW...I have all that stuff from the old content. I'm suggesting this as a benefit for the game....not strictly out of self interest.

Reinheld
  19. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

Well something should be done as it's pretty annoying. Perhaps they should give people more of a reason to run older content as for me there would be no reason at all to run the smallville alert much like a 270 has no need to run say that deluge alert. Perhaps maybe reward people with daily mark boxes after running all tiered content ie run all t4 alerts get a box of 15 marks of your choosing or something incentive
  20. Ozman Well-Known Player

Honestly, I'll support pretty much anything that gets me into old content, whether that's incentives to get more people queuing, solo queuing, or whatever. It's the the biggest downer about this game for me at the moment that there's so much content I'm not getting to play. It was kinda disappointing to come back to the game after a year away and find that there had been no progress in this area.