Survival Mode should be available on Event Que for Level 10+

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sammy Well-Known Player

Why are you making survival mode only available for max level and so difficult? It should be available for everyone like all the other events. I don't see why this is different.

You are just catering to so called "elite" players again. Its dumb. Making something that only a few people will enjoy.
    • Like x 2
  2. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Survival Mode is "SURVIVAL" Mode...its in the name. Only the best of the best get through it. Its sole design is meant to cater to top tier players. Its not meant for everyone, just to clarify.
    • Like x 15
  3. Sammy Well-Known Player

Well that's just your opinion. The fact is, even if you think it should only be for elites, you are barring content from people actively paying to play your game. And that's never healthy. Even in elite versions of other games, its accessible to everyone.
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

No
    • Like x 10
  5. Eve YouTuber

I think It meant for people with more experience. Level 10+ will get in and get frustrated. They don't have the required gear, artifacts, sp or even the skills to play it. Not even Elitest. Just experience. Some players are just better then the others. It's not meant to everyone and It's okay. I'm casual myself, and I will play it to my limits. I know I won't make it to round 30, but at least I will make it far enough to enjoy some rewards. So no, for making it Level 10+. It meant to be hard. Survival. Not suitable for level 10+.
    • Like x 10
  6. granddaughterlover Active Player

earn it, stop complaining, reach elite lvl. no one is forcing you to play it, items are not over powered, just cosmetics, won't really affect anyones gameplay, posts like these, and future "I can't go past r2" are, and will be stupid, as ****. there's plenty of content, can't survive? build up to it, or don't bother.
    • Like x 2
  7. Ringz Dedicated Player

Pretty sure the devs spent like a good 2 minutes of the stream emphasizing who SM was for LOL
    • Like x 6
  8. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

That was easily forgotten when they started showing the season one vendor goodies.
    • Like x 1
  9. Yaiba Committed Player

CR recommended for SM is 260.... not 273 (max CR at the moment) :cool:

And about the difficulty, the first or second round is easy, I mean it's just boring and long so everyone can play it :p
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Roth Committed Player

That's the point Sargent
    • Like x 2
  11. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

true it still kinda isn't this is something for players that like the hardest content possible in the game as for it being 4 player i am honestly looking forward to it.

i do admit i do like the fact they give players a chance to obtain the old SM rewards from the vendor with the currency inside the SM
    • Like x 4
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Are you for real?

Uh goodness gracious no.
    Let me point this out to you, people like consistency. If you go from a simple leveling experience to doing the event version of the raid when you get to level 10; the consistency is there, it's fairly easy to do or semi challenging if your new. But with SM.... You have revive limits, near instant kill mechanics, and etc.
    You introduce that to new players at level 10, and the difficulty curve of the game is going to feel like it got spiked up way too much, way too fast. That's going to lead to frustration and rage quits from countless pug groups and new players.

Level 30's? Maybe. But even if you make it a lower tuned version of Survival Mode there's going to have to be some form of a catch to it. We would have to get some form of a decreased reward because we aren't going through the same struggle as the folks who are doing SM at end-game CR.

You people just don't get it, there's always a piece of content in DCUO that's not designed for you. This is the same thing with regular and elite content argument's too... Regular's easier, but elite's harder; so elite rewards fancier and better equipment....

Which perfectly makes sense, you want the fancy goods? you gotta step it up or just ignore it.
    • Like x 8
  13. C3alix Committed Player

And i thought a thread like this would NEVER exist.
    • Like x 2
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Survival mode should be open for +10 players. Let them get frustrated. It's just like stepping in and trying to play varsity when you're used to playing with the peewee league. You either sink or swim.

I have no issues with survival mode being open for everyone because I think it should be. Once they get stomped they will either start gearing up so that they can do better or they will go back to what they were doing.
    Either way, More potential players try the content which in turn generates more sales opportunities.
    Making this for end game players only just cuts off their nose to spite their face.

It's just no smart business sense to make this for end game players ONLY.
  15. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

YOU "thought" a lot of things. I'm not sure what prompted you to think these things though since NOTHING in DCUO's history ever suggested going in that direction. You are the architect of your own disappointment. Secondly, people have been asking for this for a long while now, and they're finally getting it. You want PvP fixed, continue fighting that uphill battle in the right place...and in the right way.
    • Like x 3
  16. Knarlydude Loyal Player

You have a point. Level 30 would be a better idea.
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

They have automatic CR scaling for other content, Survival Mode should have it also. It's ok. Once the elitists can't get to level 30 (or under) they'll complain they wanted challenging content, not "impossible".
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Except that has never been the case even once throughout all of SM 2014-2017. There's only 24 players in the games history that have completed a R20 SM and everyone who didn't wasn't posting about please make it easier to do so.
    • Like x 4
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why would this company, which already has enough to do and enough requests to go through waste ANY amount of coding time for something that will yield nothing for anyone involved??? New/low levels already have lots of content to get through and get frustrated with. Making an event level of SM is a complete waste of resources.

And that's where you'd be very wrong. New players/low level players aren't spending the kind of money that end game players spend. And now that there's a valid reason to get Elite gear and maxed out artifacts and augments, there will be more spending by those players. It makes perfect business sense, and anyone denying that is arguing for fun.
    • Like x 2
  20. SuperBell Loyal Player

And that's why SM has been dead for two years. And I remember people always complaining about how they want hard content, until they get it, then complain it's too hard. It always amuses me. The first SM, if I recall correctly, you had to actually survive the rounds consecutively, and that was quickly changed because it was just too hard for all these beast players. I guarantee that people will complain once they can't get the golden halo.

I'm not endgame. The idea of winning marks to buy rewards on the vendor might make me want to give it a shot. Elites figure regular people should just go and kick rocks (sounds like the 2016 election. Look how that turned out). I don't get to participate, I really don't care if SM dies again.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.