So.. universal messaging

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, May 10, 2019.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I was excited to see what this new feature was when it was announced in the tweet, saying a quality of life item or whatever.. instantly my mind went to a million places like maybe it being cross faction text chat / grouping or trading....but was sadly disappointed when i clicked the livestream on and it was basically a new way to pop adds or tutorials....

Quality of life dot, dot, dot
    • Like x 2
  2. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yup it’s shiny pop ups that suggest you go to the marketplace and funnel more money to them. I think it’s a step in the right direction for new players who need to learn the game but for those of us that know the game I’d like the ability to turn it off which when they answered about turning it off we didn’t get an exact “yes you can turn it off” which leads me to believe it’s a focus on suggesting marketplace.
    • Like x 3
  3. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I'm definitely coming back to the game for this.
    • Like x 2
  4. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

For vets I don't see a lot of value add....EXCEPT for those vets who are always complaining (often with good reason) that people don't know how to do the very BASICS in the game. This system would seem to address that. Let's see how it flies.
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You left?
    • Like x 3
  6. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

The tutorials i played almost 10 years ago taught me how to play the game just fine... this is what their working on instead of real game changing things? Isnt this just photoshop?
    • Like x 2
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

A bunch of negative nellys my lord. I think its fun. Its fresh. It will help new players. Alot. Most of the pop ups have nothing to do with funneling you to the MP. Its mostly tutorial, events, and system explanations. Of course they are gonna nudge you to the MP. Theres other things in the MP too. Take a step back and breathe people.
    • Like x 4
  8. Dene Devoted Player

All these threads about new people needing more knowledge & annoying end gamers with lack of knowledge etc - The devs put out a system to help this a lot and they get nothing but negativity
    • Like x 13
  9. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I really like the changes, and wish they were there when I started last summer!
    • Like x 1
  10. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

LOL
    • Like x 3
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

How many years of b1tchin & moaning did this take?

Like I posted un another thread. I'll have to see it in the game.

From the looks of it it and comparing it to the screen pop ups from before. IMO,
    It looks like an old polished turd. I'll need to see it on live to make my final judgement. It could be awesome.
    But, probably this^^^^^^^^^^^

edit* I hope I am wrong.
    • Like x 1
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'll be disabling this when it goes live.

can't help but feeling this is a little late to the party...
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

For me personally it will be close to useless - but it is not always about endgamers. From what i could tell in the livestream, it will be a lot better than anything we have now & is not as heavy on the "go to MP" as ppl would think - this is about the perspective of a new player - these will not pop up every 5 secs etc and will help lot more than things now
    • Like x 3
  14. The_fair_1 Committed Player

We dont know if we will be able to turn it off as they said most of it wont come back after going through it once but they never said that we could turn it off. Therefore sure we wont get the tutorial popups afterwards but what ones are left? event, dlc, and marketplace ads and they made it sound like we cant say no to seeing it
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Like the Welcome Screen? I've not heard anybody complain about that lately...

From what Avair said, this is event-driven - so if it's not relevant to you, you shouldn't get a pop-up. It's really not like it's going to be spamming you - just info when you need it. I'll get on Test tonight and run it with non-beginning toons and see what the frequency is, but from what I understood, once you've been told once, you've been told - and you shouldn't see that message again.
  16. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Actually I hate the welcome screen lol I hope that it will be once at most and done Im waiting for test to update for myself and then I can log and check it too. but as i had said one of the popups was for perfected artifact xp in the marketplace, that is never needed so how bad will it get is my only real concern with it. Id much rather be able to turn most of my HUD and everything off
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

Yes, but that was in the pop-up explaining what Nth Metal was for, IIRC? I don't object to being pointed to the Marketplace if it's relevant and useful to know. I'm working from memory here, though - so I could be wrong. To the Test server :D!
  18. Plowed In Loyal Player

I’m hearing a lot of “How dare you address something that there have been multiple threads asking for!!...what will I complain about now?!”
    • Like x 2
  19. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

If you can turn it off, then it's pure gold. If not, well I guess I'll have to see how often it pops up.
    • Like x 1
  20. (EU PC) WyckedGamesTTV Level 30

This feature has several benefits imho

- New players will get familiar "tip" style prompts to learn mechanics, making them a lot easier to learn (and not just ignore splash stuff in the middle of the screen)

- Recently joined players (say since the Anniversary) who have progressed but are not sure on next episode etc will get prompts to go to the right episode on hitting the CR cap

- Older players - Well, as it stands, not a lot of benefit, but... Avair said it was "data driven" displays, this means it's entirely programmable, if that includes layout and other functionality, this could be the beginning of the much needed and requested UI overhaul... that's huge, and with a data driven UI, that could mean UI customisation, theming... even potentially addons.
    • Like x 2