PC Client Crashing Multiple Times Daily- US Server Instability

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

For clarity, the redistributable install doesn't have anything to do with fixing the crash.

We believe we have found the "real" culprit and are finishing off the fix.
    • Like x 6
  2. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Looking forward either way, ty Mepps :)
  3. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I got my fingers crossed that you've located the bug and squashed it proper. I wasn't really able to run raids over the weekend due to the crashing, so it'll be interesting to get back to the grind.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the clarification and i appreciate you're working towards a fix but your previous posts implied the last client patch was too do with the crashing, if that install wasnt to fix the crashing what was it for?

Was it too fix that other issue present on test where you had to delete a file before launching from going live with the next game update this week?
    • Like x 2
  5. Daedrike Active Player

Do I get my 5000 DBC? I'm right, I'm totally right =D
  6. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

If it isnt too sensitive, it would be great to find what it was that was causing the crashes, for a bit more insight.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Maybe because of the crashes they decided to upgrade with already pre-allocated software/hardware to the game that would have been maybe been installed later if not for the circumstances. It might require the 2017 redistributable software to use it, so whether it worked or not, it directly doesnt have anything to do with patching the crashing issues. Kinda just like going through a checklist to troubleshoot an issue, to find you have outdated drivers or software and give it a shot to see if its the issue at hand.
  8. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

They already mentioned this was for future content but the initial notes read like it was a fix for the current crashes.

Reference #1: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...server-instability.301432/page-9#post-4229151

Reference #2: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...erver-instability.301432/page-10#post-4229266

Reference #3 (which vaguely mentions that this upgrade is more for future updates): https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/pc-client-hotfix-april-24-2019.301765/

Anyway, hope we get a fix for this soon and another bonus weekend to make up for lost time :D
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It was simply a coincidence that that was ready to go.
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We have a new fix in testing. It is not going to make tomorrow's game update, but we expect to roll it out early next week at the latest.
    • Like x 2
  11. Proxystar #Perception

All good, thanks
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Bump
    • Like x 1
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Crashed multiple times yesterday in just a few hours of playing. Also, severe lag at times. I'm not sure whether the lag is caused by something on my end, though - I'm monitoring.
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

The crashes are still happening, how much longer for an actual fix to this long lasting issue?
  15. High Troller Loyal Player

i crashed last night by tabbing over to proximity chat
  16. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Mepps said "early next week" for the next attempt to squash this bug.
    • Like x 1
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

maybe we'll get more than just a cool new banner after you hit Play next time
    • Like x 1
  18. dresserball Dedicated Player

Time for that feat Survived the Crashes for PC Players.
    • Like x 1
  19. RealTegan Dedicated Player

It gives the title "Long Suffering".
    • Like x 1
  20. Hollows Active Player

I made it about 20 minutes before crashing. I swear, it's like DBG doesn't want me to play but instead, do laundry. Or, wipe the baseboards. Anything but play. :D