Wait, i found this in the patch notes...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tallguy, May 1, 2019.

1. Tallguy Well-Known Player

• Non-boss NPCs no longer drop loot, instead their loot has been passed over to Boss NPCs of equivalent relevancy and drop rates increased.
    So, does this mean i can no longer farm these items of the normal NPCs;
    - Snake
    - Tech Ninja
    - Forth world
    - Contemporary tech
    I use the open world to farm styles for alts and possibly sell if its rare..if the above is what i'm thinking the old style feats going to be hard to get.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

We'll have to see - with the relevant stuff dropping from the final boss instead of the adds, it's a one-stop shop now?

But we'll also need to see if the boss drops multiples pieces, or just one each instance - because the loot table is *large*, and farming adds for styles also doubled as Nth-Metal farming previously.

Look on the bright side - if they are dropping less, they are worth more, no :)?
  3. Tallguy Well-Known Player

Well, yes and no. Normally, when the style goes boss NCP it's non-tradable and if understood correctly the style will not drop open world period.
  4. Great Architect Loyal Player

But we're talking about "Integrates When Equipped" pieces, which have always been tradeable - even when dropped by a boss. So many of these styles can't be completed without these drops (at least for F2P and Premium), that I can't see them making them untradeable. But I suppose I'll stop speculating and find out in an hour or two, and report back ;).
  5. Tallguy Well-Known Player

Right, i have been farming for the last hour in various areas from Metropolis to Gotham wastelands.

There is nothing dropping off the adds - Styles, base items even the white rubbish you used to get. This is bad for these reasons;

- You cannot now complete styles before DLC content such as Tech ninja, snake and forth world. Unless they become tradeable when they drop of the boss fights (but i doubt this will happen)
    - Random RnD feats such as the salvage will take longer to complete since places like T5 alerts ( lot of items drop of adds) and central city T2 area will no longer drop green items.
    - Base items are going to be difficult to come by buy shabby, dynasty items in particular.

It's easy to say i don't care since most people have these completed already. However, for the players coming it's going to take them sometime completing any of the above. Completing random styles and base feats really helps with the SP in the longer run but doing it this way make items rare and stupidly expensive.
  6. Tarif Committed Player

Soooooo More Cr Irrelevancy and now Loot Irrelevancy?

There really is a huge disconnect with some of the Devs and the people that are actually playing actively in this game. Smh.
    • Like x 7
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

Less FUD, please - because that is not so. Some things are still dropping from Treasure Chests - Contemporary Tech shoulders I have seen (which *never* used to drop from anywhere but Bane adds, IIRC?), and also Advanced Gorillatech Helmet.

Post-30, I have seen Base Item drops from bosses that have no business dropping them (Living Planet BI from AF 1 content, for instance). R&D materials (e.g. Silicon Wafers et. al.) have been dropping for me from nearly every boss *POST 30*.

In the sub-30 game, I have had nothing - not even an R&D Material - from bosses, but then I only ran 4 bosses until I got discouraged :D - but the Treasure Chests are business as usual, but with a larger loot table, it appears?
  8. Great Architect Loyal Player

Incidentally, sub-Bosses count as Bosses for drops. I got my first from the Goat Trio in Themy Div.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Seriously hope the DEVs wake up and reverse this idiocy (butt doubt it will happen)
    • Like x 1
  10. Tallguy Well-Known Player

I will try and explain this better because you are missing the point...

You farm a particular style or base item in open world guaranteed to get it and will also be trade able.

After update 94 - The items you were guaranteed to get are now in a loot table that displays very few items thus decreasing the drop rate.

I see your point on treasure chests, bosses and sub-bosses BUT the chances of completing any of the above is now slower.
    • Like x 1
  11. Great Architect Loyal Player

No. You are not guaranteed to get it. You have a chance of getting it. And now you have a chance of getting it. That chance no longer sits in the open world though. It sits on the boss. There has been no mention of changing tradeability. The update notes literally state that the loot has just moved it's drop point. No mention of any other changes. Long story short, Snake Feet now drop somewhere that you aren't used to them dropping. Still tradeable. That's pretty much it :(.
    • Like x 1
  12. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I ran a few open world bosses and solo's on a fresh 30 as well as a duo just to get a small sample for the drops/boss loot.
    The selections are there, it will just take time to see where the stuff is dropping from.
    If there is stuff in content nobody ever runs anymore, then it becomes a seller's market.
  13. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Can it be cured? ^^
    • Like x 1
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, no it can't :(
  15. Predicament Well-Known Player

That’s a partial pro of the change. It went from farming locations for a chance to drop but no cap on the amount to a guarantee of a drop but it only being a chance of what you actually need. The change is looking like it’s teying to promote the spending of replays. Not sure what the loot tables are for when the drop from a boss but you’re locked to one try a day now at most.
  16. Tallguy Well-Known Player

So, after the update 3 days ago I've had a chance to investigate the loot tables.

After my initial concerns i went to boss fights very sceptical what was dropping and i was proven right...Basically, any of the open world styles snake, tech ninja, robot etc have not been available other than base items. I done all T1-3 solos - Not only did the styles not drop but loot table displayed 2 items in each of my runs.

The increased rarity of items in loot tables does not seem to be working.
    • Like x 1
  17. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Does anyone have any facts?

To criticize something based on speculation... meh.

Right now I am not sure what was changed, but I am very curious...
  18. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Did you try the levelling versions in the open world? The stuff probably drops there.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Levelling version of what? There aren't that many bosses in the open world, majority are locked away at the ends of Instances, forcing you to battle through countless numbers of NPCs who no longer drop anything!
  20. Tallguy Well-Known Player

Nope, its all locked behind boss and sub-boss NPCs, no chance for open world drops.