Devs: When will the Lair decorators get our GU?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zneeak, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Zneeak Devoted Player

An increase in the base item-limit is way overdue both for League Halls and Lairs, especially with the new Lair themes that comes with an additional room in the layout. A while back, Mepps made a comment somewhere that they were checking whether or not it was possible to increase the limit. Well? Is it? Can us Lair and League hall-decorators expect a proper raise in the limit at all in the future?

I'd like to see the limit raised overall, but if only the new Lairs were to get a raise due to certain reasons, that'd still be something. That additional room in the layout really doesn't go well when you are stuck with the old 500-limit, that's for sure. I'd like to see a raise in 100-200 items, atleast for the new Lair themes and whatever is possible, if at all, for the older Lair themes aswell as League halls.

A few other things:
    - Make the amenities free of placement, or add more purple spots across the lairs for us to place them on.
    - Allow a separate limit for Amenities and base items. When placing amenities, they currently count as a both an amenity and a base item. The amenities shouldn't count towards the base item-limit, they should count toward the Amenity-limit only.
    - Allow us to place brokers, personal Mail and such in the actual League hall.

Notable mentions (and possible new Marketpalce additions):
    - New Teleporter, armory and amenity-skins.
    - Add a new addition of the Sparring target-amenity that consists of three sparring targets for AoE-parsing.

I could add more to this list, but I don't want to clutter it up too much. I put down some of the most needed/important fixes from a Decorator's perspective, imo atleast.

I'd appreciate a dev-response on the matter. Where are we standing on this?
    • Like x 8
  2. Brit Loyal Player

There is one tiny change I want to see with the Lair interface.

"Permission: Move Base Items."

This is an option in the permissions. When I turn it on, I want to give the person permission to decorate in base. You know, granting them permission to move base items.

Currently, when we turn it on, it does not allow them to place new items from my available list. It does not allow them to remove items that have been placed. And it doesn't actually allow them to move the existing items freely. Instead, it's basically just "permission to rotate an item in the place where it was already placed."

You made the permission setting; you have to realize that there are some of us who want to have cool looking bases and spend money on the Lair stuff, but don't have the same aesthetic decorating talent to actually make it look cool. You know that there are players who want to grant someone else permission to decorate (or couples who want to decorate a lair together so that they both have their own personal touch). You have the mechanic already in place for the League Halls, an ability to have multiple players pull from a single list of Lair furniture, all with the ability to decorate freely. You just have to move that exact same permissions code over to the normal Lairs.

Please, I love DCUO so, I am a superhero, not an interior designer or a construction worker. Let me pay somebody else to decorate this thing.
    • Like x 5
  3. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

https://mobile.twitter.com/Dcplayer2013/status/1122371296434761728
    Jay ring, “Wished you add more base item space been maxed out on the league Hall I have 17 with bases maxed out 500 base items wished the can make it to 1000 and also some the base items that came from survivel mode like the deamon worm and the Oblivion skull can be a vendor item”

Dcuo reply, “This is on our to-do list.”

Hopefully we’ll see a cap increase soon
    • Like x 2
  4. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

I'd love to see more league hall sized items, especially flooring. League sized water puddle, grass, sand, etc. There is so much floor space in the large rooms, you cannot fill them at the moment.
    • Like x 2
  5. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Help my thread ;)
    Request: Large League Hall Base Item Vendor
    • Like x 1
  6. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd like this aswell. It would be a good way for me to make some money lol
    • Like x 3
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

I wouldn't mind any of these ideas, do you think the same update could do something for the broker as well? like floor/ceiling/wall items....
    • Like x 1
  8. Zneeak Devoted Player

Upping this thread.
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I would be happy with a "snap to grid" option for when I'm placing objects. I'm always just a *little* bit off, and it irritates me. I go back and wiggle things around but I never seem to get it right.

That said, I endorse the other suggestions, too.
    • Like x 1
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I've learned base items 'snap' when you turn them a full 180o, it would be cool if they did that for every 45o or 90o angle.
    • Like x 1
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Yeah, it's the 90 degree that I want the most, but a 45 degree would also be EXTREMELY useful. I'm willing to bet there's no way to put it in the code, though. It's probably some of that legacy code that no one documented when they wrote it, so it would be a near impossible fix. Still, my aspergers side really wishes for a snap-to-grid option.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Or even an actual grid that's only visible during decorate mode.
    • Like x 2
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Not quite as useful, but still would be an improvement. There is so much I would do with this game if I owned it and had limitless money to spend on it... ;)
  14. myandria Item Storage

Agreed: City of Heroes had that with their base building and I miss it. Grids made it easier to space items out more evenly if that was your intention. I think a grid system would do great in this game as an advanced toggle option in base decorator mode.
    • Like x 1
  15. Brit Loyal Player

Believe me. I would love to hire you. I haven't even seen any of your Lairs, but I still feel confident that they're better looking than what I can come up with.
    • Like x 1
  16. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh Zneeaks got some decent looking bases out there
    • Like x 1
  17. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

oh Zneeaks got some decent looking bases out there
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

Can we get an update from the Devs in regards to this?
    • Like x 1
  19. dresserball Dedicated Player

I wish I could just make more bases with my main character.
  20. Millefune New Player

You can. Just buy a Deed from the Marketplace or Loyalty Vendor.