Dev Discussion GU94: Source Marks

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for bugs and feedback related to Source Marks and the currency conversion.
    • Like x 1
  2. Predicament Well-Known Player

As a returning player who is starting over on PC from a 316SP PS4 account (really wish I could link accounts to buy feats I've already earned), Source marks not be rewarded for content that is no longer relevant to your current CR is going to hurt the whole player base. I want to replay this game and get back to where I was on PS4, but I can am already dealing with the lack of people queuing into older content.

I honestly thought this change was a great QoL change for the game and was a main reason I wanted to start over and return to the game. Finding out that source marks will be only drop for CR relevant content really hurt. To increase the longevity of this game, reward all players for running any content, this will make everything relevant and the new player base wont be stuck in limbo trying to progress with no one queueing into old content. If Source Marks aren't the answer maybe something else can be rewarded that will incentivize players who are no longer CR relevant.

Source Marks are only used for buy pieces that are no longer relevant to obtain style feats. Newest Episodes already have their own marks for the best end game gear. Please talk to us and let us know what is the reason for capping source marks to only relevant content to our CR? The last comment was about not changing anything and seeing how it runs live. Can we have a discussion on why this decision was made? With an open discussion we can maybe come up with a compromise or solution.

I don't know what the exact reasoning for this is but can only assume it is a business decision in promoting everyone that hits 30 to buy a CR 210 bump for their characters to bypass all the content and get to the end.
    • Like x 5
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

Event versions of the open world missions in Chaos Gotham reward Source Marks under the DLC relevancy (CR 253) iirc they didn't do that before and i couldn't find anything in the update notes saying they should.
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but I can not find the answer anywhere. When episode 35 launches will episode 32 and the associated marks "Titan Creds" be converted to source marks or is this process going to be sporadic and convert several episodes at once in the future?
  5. CraccaGeneral Active Player

Your base mainframe still shows the logo for Marks of Victory instead of the source marks logo.
    • Like x 1
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I don't know where to put this, because there's no thread for "GU 94: general issues."

But last night I queued up for a duo, and while waiting I used my teleporter to go to Chaos Gotham, and the queue popped and I arrived in the Watchtower, with the game telling me that I was in the duo, grouped with a guy.

We talked and he was in the instance. I wasn't, and had no way to enter. Nor did I have any way to leave the group other than logging out. I had him leave the instance, but even when he left, I still was left with the program acting as if I was in the duo, with only access to the blank scorecard, and no access to the instance menu.

BUT: I had also queued up for some raids. So THEN, while still trapped with the scorecard and in a non-existent group, the raid queue popped.

But F1 wouldn't let me enter, because it kept saying I was still in the duo I wasn't in.

In the end, the only way I could resolve this issue was to log out and back in again.

If there's an appropriate thread for general GU 94 issues that this would be better placed in, please let me know where that is. Thanks.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Price adjustments across the vendors could sting a bit in content below end game.

Getting a full set of gear from the vendor (armor, jewelry, trinket/utility, weapon) jumped by 18 Marks, going from 138 to 156 while just getting armor went up by 13 (91 to 104).

Granted that's not a huge amount when taking into account all the content available at a given tier/CR relevancy window, but for those who might stick to solo/duo content (such as myself) the sting is a bit more significant. It could be particularly problematic in the gap between Halls of Power II and Amazon Fury III where there isn't as much solo content available and duo queues might not pop in a timely fashion.
  8. Predicament Well-Known Player

@Mepps is this the right thread for this discussion and feedback? My feedback is addressing the issue of rewarding and incentivizing non cr relevant end game players to run older content to increase matchmaking capabilities as well as LFG shouts for older content. The rewards do not have to be source marks I just want to start a discussion about an socially inclusive player base at any CR. The likelihood of getting more subscriptions from newer and returning players below Episode 30 is to make the total gaming experience enjoyable. The content and fun factor is there but it just requires the player base to continue to play it.

What is the development teams intentions and ideas moving forward with this implementation of cr relevancy for source marks? Are there other plans to incentivize and/or reward CR230+ players to run Outer Batcave or Assault and Battery?

Some suggestions I have for rewards that can drop in all content: Stablizer Fragments, Promethium Boxes, Exclusive Episode Style Boxes(All the available styles that drop or can be bought from vendors), and/or Quarks. These sytems are all set in place already, I think any of these rewards will help incentivize players to run older content.
  9. Daedrike Active Player

General Feedback;

I like the "one currency fits all" mentality, however, it's becoming clear that some issues have arose in the currency conversion.

First, collections. The OP items through the past few episodes have been barred behind high cost collections and rare collections from the content, since the conversion these items have not changed in price. Since these collections have associated feats (most worth 50) it may be time to look at this and reduce the currency cost by half (ish… I'd use 175 Source Marks to finish off a OP collection for 50 points, anything more and it's almost insulting). This also puts it almost out of reach of players new and returning, as they'll also have to spend Source Marks on Catalyst Caches.

Second, the removal of Marks at all from older content quests. While not entirely a bad move, it simply lends itself to the notion that there isn't a reason to do the quests outside of relevancy, which will cause people who are in relevancy to be even further delayed. Last I checked, I didn't even see an alternative reward for doing them, which makes it even worse.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.