Make the elite cards easier for PUG

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Yaiba, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Yaiba Committed Player

What's wrong with those new raids ? :mad: :mad: :mad:.....
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

What's wrong with your post? Not much to go on here.
    • Like x 7
  3. Yaiba Committed Player

I mean elite raids, not cards,..... :(
    • Like x 1
  4. dresserball Dedicated Player

What's wrong with your post? Still not much to go on here.
    • Like x 6
  5. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Can’t wait for the usual suspects to see this... although, in fairness I don’t really know what you’re expecting from elite raids. They are, well, elite. :p
    • Like x 10
  6. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Elite is supposed to be a challenge. If you want easy, do the event version.
    • Like x 8
  7. Yaiba Committed Player

I don't know, at least the first boss should be beatable with PUG.... The new elite raids are almost impossible with PUG right now ...
    • Like x 1
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

There was a consensus that people being able to just farm an “easy” first boss for renown is A Very Bad Thing(tm). I don’t know why it would be, but I don’t really care either. It’s not my area. Come join me in normal, we have cookies. ;)
    • Like x 11
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't play elite anymore like I used to since incentives were removed and my friends left for other games.
    The only thing I can advise is you make really good friends with people that run elite and know the ins and outs of the game. Never ever rely on pugs. Never.
    • Like x 3
  10. Darth Piper Loyal Player

It’s a multiple parts problem...

The boss fights really are not that bad if everyone can put the DPSing down for a few seconds to do mechanics. Problem 1 is getting DPSes to do that. Problem 2 is learning the mechanics. In PUG runs you are magically expected to know how to do everything because supposedly you should learn it all in your league. Well, not everyone has a league that can do this, and after a week people in LFG are calling for “experienced roles”... well, how the *bleep* are you supposed to get experience? Problem 3 is finding people who are patient enough to teach you or let you make some mistakes without being elitist **** orifices. Sadly, there is no real answer to that last bit other than those are people who need to take a break from the game.
    • Like x 10
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

One of those problems is solved by watching video guides the testers put together.
    • Like x 3
  12. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

They shouldn't be making anymore elite content. I'm gonna put my bet on the fact that there wasn't enough player base doing sm. So they shut that down there also isn't enough elite player base to keep wasting dev time on elite. Also u guys out there running elite are wasting ur time unless u run with the same people all the time. And if u don't u can expect the raid to take u 40mins or not beat it at all. Now if the game had an exp per ko system instead of the unfair and long and boring mark system. Ì would be down to pug raids. But instead I only do open world that way my time for progression is not wasted the marks are a sure thing this way. Unfortunately this is the sad truth about DC universe's progression system. They can do so much better for us
    • Like x 3
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

the problem isn't always elitists, more often than not when i've tried helpfully and politely suggesting perhaps switching to support might help a deficiency a team mate might be struggling with in a mob add heavy area or with a boss/es, they've bitten my head off for daring to imply or suggest that what they were doing wasn't absolutely perfect or 100% working.
    • Like x 2
  14. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i'm still not even quite why we have raids and 8 player open world bounties as the vast majority of this MMO'S content anyways when it's clear no one wants to run it as the game developers intended it, as a group driven system. the only reason i think WoW raids do so well is that it's probably cause adults pay to play and put in too much time and money into it to goof up like we do in dcuo.
  15. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I dunno if it’s that simple. Having never tried elite, I often think to myself during the Dr. Fate fight while being continuously battered by the Concentrated Malediction, Fate’s ENORMOUS AoEs AND his teleporting bomb drops, I think “christ, if any of this stuff was actually lethal on it’s own, I’d be bloody toast!”. If any/all of that stuff is scaled up in elite I don’t see how it would even be beatable. Tala’s meteors have such a ridiculous hitbox that if you’re not already moving when one appears, it’s already too late to avoid it. Again if it’s lethal by itself in elite, then I honestly don’t know how you’re supposed to win.

Which is exactly why I don’t do elite. I’m not saying that it shouldn’t be that way. But I’m willing to bet that “just having to put down the dps down for a few seconds” is a bit of an oversimplification.
    • Like x 1
  16. EconoKnight XIII Legion

That’s the way for the company to make money, but that doesn’t appear to be important to them now. Speaking for myself, my grind is done starting tomorrow. It hasn’t been that way for a couple of years now because I would go after renown, and I would want marks for two elite sets of gear. Those doors are shut (especially with the buffs to both elite first bosses last week).

And is it just me? I don’t think so. I know good players and good leagues. One example is a conversation I had with a consistent top 100 player yesterday. After being in a run mostly with his league (who sounded very frustrated and depressed on voice), I asked what their success rate was on Fate in Fellowship Elite. He said around 33%. A top 100 player with almost full regular vendor gear - and they only succeed on the first boss once out of every three attempts (and on just that one attempt I came in on, they had been in there well over an hour). No success, no replay. No money spent. Shattered Elite is no better; it doesn’t even pop up in LFG as often as Fellowship Elite.

Daybreak can do what they like, and I have a new attitude on it. They are saving me money. They already lost $85 from me in April (I did put some in when they fixed the OP back drops); but they stand to now lose $170 for May and each month after. I have no more reason or desire to put money in for the foreseeable future.
  17. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

No hate here...but that is a false statement! All i do is pug and i am full renown after molly whopping the elite raids, and not just the first boss. Once you find a group capable of completing them...friend some of them. When they shout look for them, they will normally put a group of folks they know that can win together! BE patient..it took me 3 weeks this dlc for full renown! But i been 273 for one week...
    • Like x 1
  18. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Lol..i should have just quoted your post with a “this right here” before making mine!
    • Like x 1
  19. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I

Oh my god 40min to beat an elite raid? The world is ending...... How about a little patience? Also, rewards for completing content is bad now? Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Now everyone wants a freaking participation ribbon lol. Boring and long grinds? Welcome to the magical world of MMOs, it's not just limited to DCUO. These episodes are supposed to last longer than a couple weeks. You think the game takes too long to progress but you say you only stick to open world missions?
    • Like x 3
  20. Batrederik Dedicated Player

You could have the power of the LFG! Get group. Yet you wear a PUG flag on your chest and think you queue up, fight a battle of PUG elite, nations! I have seen the future, Yaiba! There are no PUG flags!

Only make group for elite Raids.
    • Like x 1