Devs: Is it possible to get a base NPC spawn amenity?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by SteHyatt, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Hi Devs

Just wondering if it would be possible to get a base amenity that you can activate yourself that spawns an NPC that attacks you as they do in the open world?

Perhaps with a choice of level or number of targets? This would allow us to sharpen our skills and test our power sets in live.

Maybe even a place in the open world where you can spawn a load of NPC's with a team and practice as a group?

Think it would be pretty cool. I suppose it would work in the same way that Devs can spawn them during live feeds etc.
    • Like x 11
  2. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Oh and this would be perfect for League halls where we have the space to play kick butt or get butt hurt depending on how good you are lol :). I forgot to say if they defeat you they de-spawn until called upon again.
    • Like x 5
  3. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Ok Tbh this is a good idea, I would love to have a live practice npc base spawner. Plus it would help more if say there was also a boss practice option with the npc.
  4. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Yes deffo. It would be great in the league halls plenty of room as they are similar to some raids.

It would give you not only a chance to practice your skillset but also how each of you play together as a team/league. Much like a friendly in a football match. Allow you to gel better as a team.
  5. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

If you invite other Leagues to your base your could have friendly pve matches? See which team fairs better. Pass on tips to one another about same power set advantages. See how different players use their powerset without the need to go to youtube.
  6. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Fantastic idea! This would be very useful in letting people get to grips with their roles too. Tanks could test out how they can keep themselves alive, Controllers could test stuns and debuffs and Healers would be able to test their ability to heal and shield themselves.
    • Like x 2
  7. AV Loyal Player

I just want a model viewer Q_Q So many great models are hard to fully appreciate because the only time they stop moving when you're close enough for a good look is when they're face down in the dirt.
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

just commenting on this very good idea, so the Dev's see this… ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

+1. And if they made it something you could add to the MP they could even monetize it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  10. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I would deffo buy it, be great for alts testing their power sets :). They could even bundle it up with the CR Skip coins. That way new players who skipped lower tiers could practice too. Bundle it with power change coins etc.
  11. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Thank you.
  12. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I know people are gonna hate the idea of monetising it but if it brings in the dollars to the game then it's worth it to keep the game going for longer. After all I have lifetime membership on PC and PS4 membership. I for one want to see them go for years to come.

I would buy it.

If they added packs of NPC's to the MP that you could add to it like having mods on your generator only on a bigger scale I would buy it.

If it had feats attached to it - I would buy it.

Free is always better but it is a business.

DEVS - MEPPS - DCUO - Please make this happen ;)
  13. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

How about adding a *Sparring Target Setting* to the Base Decorator console that allows you to choose from 1 to 5 NPC and/or sparring targets based on the bases/devices you own (for sparring targets) and NPC type (based on the content the character has access to), mix and match (up to 10 for league bases) AND allow you to customize how they react/don't react to your attacks and their CR level of attacks?

Some examples of Attack/Block settings could be:
    Block only when attacked
    Attack only when attacked
    Attack and Block when attacked

Some examples of CR settings could be:
    Sparring Target is at your CR level
    Sparring Target is at your CR level +10
    Sparring Target is at your CR Level -10

However, I would not want this in an open world setting; other players could interrupt your practice session.

Your suggestion makes me think of Champions Online, where they have an area called a Powerhouse (basically, a mini test server/arena/training/costume contest area) that allows you to test your character's build against a variety of regular npc's from the game (except for mini bosses, bosses, legendary characters and cosmic monsters.) You can tweak the test dummy's level, strength, resistance, attack/defend power and aggro distance as well.
    • Like x 1
  14. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Not heard of Champions online but some nice ideas :).
  15. August Moon Well-Known Player

I would love having this in my base. a base item that calls upon a certain boss . you can even add it to pass vendors and have them scale with specific dlc or even higher. You can have an elite version and a reg one so raid groups could practice their group dynamics. test powers , loudouts, mechanics , heals power outage etc. after not being hit for like 10 seconds they'll automatically despawn as to not hunt down other members of the base or league hall. Have it drop in old content at the same drop rate as the manbat trinket or ultramans cape as well as let it be trade able so theres still a reason to revisit older content other than just nostalgic purposes.

big bosses like the avatar of meta and trigon can come in huge "league hall " sized totems so bosses dont clip into mini bases
    • Like x 2
  16. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Ok i like this idea so just to expand on making it also a boss drop I'd have it drop like; say you beat Black Adam in RiT he would have a chance to drop his boss data like how base generator mods drop, but it would only be him. Tbh that would probably help increase ques if each boss had the chance to drop a mod that summons them.
    • Like x 2
  17. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

I approve this message
  18. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

I really like this idea especially in light of changes coming in May with source marks. You could even add feats for having all npc/boss data from each episode/event/seasonal.
  19. IceRaven198 Well-Known Player

Or better yet add extra feats in all instances for acquiring all npc data mods from said instances. I might come up with more to this idea later because this one is worth fleshing out so to speak.
    • Like x 2
  20. SteHyatt Well-Known Player

Another good Idea. Devs? Mepps? Please can we have this or will you have a look at how feasible it is please?