Star Wars, The Thread

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Ankh_Legacy, Mar 3, 2018.

1. darth_paul Dedicated Player

This is a very real possibility too. Luke is coming back in IX in Force Ghost form, and they are of course, to quote Obi Wan, "More powerful than you can ever imagine."
  2. E Clip Dedicated Player

Thematically I guess yeah. But I was thinking in a different way. JJ/lucas arts realize that they made many fans unhappy with Luke's ending in Ep.8. The title of Ep9 and especially the voice over of the teaser 'No one's ever truly gone' is, in my view, a political move to calm down the angry fans who were disappointed with Rian's direction, especially in regards to Luke's character. At least that's my take on it. Now whether Luke will come back in some form or another and in what capacity, that's a different story. We dont have a lot of info to speculate on, only that this time around even Mark Hamill is very quiet and doesnt say much, which leads me to think he probably has a bigger part in Ep9 and is happy with how things are going for Luke.
    • Like x 1
  3. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't care about Star Wars any more. The Force awaken was pretty basd, you had a Mary Sue and an useless former storm trooper as your new heroes. Then the last Jedi just left a sour taste in my mouth, and doubt it will get any better. Palpatine is one of my favorite characters but it's not enough to make me really want to see it. If it ends up on Netflix, I'll watch it, but that's far as I will go with it.
    • Like x 2
  4. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

If Miss Adora feels burnt out and un-impressed, that is her right as a former(?) fan, there were a lot who were turned away via the Emo-trilogy, and even more after the abandonment of what became the EU, the same 'EU' that kept the fan base alive for nearly 30 years (that's an entire generation)
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Just noticed something: what the shrek happened to Scar's paw? it suddenly gains a thumb and little finger? o_O
  8. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Yeah, that's animation for you. It's not realistic.;)
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Of course it's not realistic, butt the paw went from having three digits to five
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

It’s an gesture. LOL
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Of course she has the right to not like the sequels. I also have the right to make fun of it :p.

On a different note, (and nothing to do with you Miss Adora :)), I find it baffling how a lot of the sequel haters are prequel fans, despite a lot of them hating the prequels when they came out (Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the prequels).

And I might have a different mindset, but sequel haters are, in my opinion, not true fans. A true fan is enjoying something simply because it is something. I'm not saying you have to like it. I acknowledge the flaws of TLJ (Personally, I don't like the Leia in space scene, and I would like a better explanation as to why Rey is so proficient in her Jedi skills), but I still enjoyed the film. Why? Cause it's Star Wars. I can't wait for The Rise of Skywalker. Why? Cause it's Star Wars. A true fan will acknowledge flaws of the film, but at the same time, will anticipate the next film in the franchise simply because it's the franchise. I love being transported into the world of Star Wars every time I watch a Star Wars movie. I hate how people have become so critical of everything, and they should just enjoy things for the fun of it. I'm sick and tired of the whole "Star Wars is dead" BS, and the whole "I'm not excited about the next one" crap. If that's the case, you aren't a Star Wars fan. Not anymore at least.

And again: You don't have to like TLJ to understand what I'm trying to say:D.

(This was just a rant, and not aimed at anyone specifically :oops:)
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've said similar things before, but I've always wondered how many of the prequel haters that would demand that the Star Wars franchise be taken out of Lucas' hands because he was "ruining" it now praise his work and wish he had never sold to Disney. :D
    • Like x 2
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Sometimes, I feel like they do it out of spite.
  14. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Feel the same, can remember the same reactions to that series of books with the bug-invaders, the one where they literally dropped a moon on Chewie (personally didn't read any of them, butt that was due to giving up reading books and novels altogether)
    • Like x 1
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Yes, understand it is a gesture, butt it is possible to do the same (or similar) without accidentally adding two extra digits (probably the artist doing that scene used a reference film and 'forgot' to take out the extra digits :p)
  16. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Farewell to our beloved walking carpet.

17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I have to disagree on your statement on being a true fan, whether it's Star Wars or any other franchise. What you describe is a mark in my opinion. What you are saying they can throw any garbage movie out their slap, the Star Wars logo on it and you would go see it, and enjoy it despite how bad the movie is. I believe a real fan would expect better then that, wouldn't accept lazy writing, plot holes, no character development, no story telling. Throwing a bunch of cgi and explosion in there is a good movie to you, more power to you.

If I want to watch bad movies, I'll go watch a scifi monster movie or horror film. Most are design to be bad but yet still be able to enjoy, but bigger block buster movie, I expect a higher standard.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Sorry Miss Adora, I never meant to insult you in any way. I might have gotten a little heated cause I hate how people just give up on the sequels when they haven't even concluded yet. I don't doubt you're a SW fan, cause the best fans are the most passionate. I admit there are many flaws in the sequels. As I had said before, I don't like how Rey's proficiency at her abilities are unexplained, and I downright hate the Leia in space scene. However, I still like the sequels.

And for the record, I don't enjoy a film based on "CGI and explosions". No, I'm not an idiot, as you were implying. I go watch a film cause of 2 things: Interest, and hope. If I have an interest in the film, I go watch it. And if I have hope that the next film I watch will be better than the last, I go watch it. Will I enjoy?, maybe not. But I still retain hope. And I find it ironic, how so many hardcore OT fans (which I assume you are) have lost all hope in the franchise. Isn't hope one of the cornerstone themes of the OT?

And once again, I'm sorry for being a bit heated. I'm just trying to defend the things I love to the best of my abilities.

And you said you don't care about SW anymore? Then... why are you commenting about it if it doesn't cater to your interests?
    • Like x 1
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

20. Sir That Guy Loyal Player